Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Accidentally booked 1 person to JW Maldives - Seaplane...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.

I have a reservation at the JW Maldives in February and accidentally booked it as one person, not two... ordinarily it would not be an issue - but in this case, there is a $500-ish per person fee for the sea plane... Marriott claims they can't change the reservation or it will reprice from 340,000 to 480,000 (or something like that can't remember exactly)...

What should I do? I obviously am more than happy to pay for the extra seaplane seat, but having the number of points go up when it would have otherwise been the same seems ridiculous.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I have a reservation at the JW Maldives in February and accidentally booked it as one person, not two... ordinarily it would not be an issue - but in this case, there is a $500-ish per person fee for the sea plane... Marriott claims they can't change the reservation or it will reprice from 340,000 to 480,000 (or something like that can't remember exactly)...

What should I do? I obviously am more than happy to pay for the extra seaplane seat, but having the number of points go up when it would have otherwise been the same seems ridiculous.
Contact the hotel and ask if they can amend it or make a note to ensure the seaplane is booked and charged for 2 people. The only other thing that could be an issue is if you are having breakfast as the Elite benifit then technically you may only get it for 1 as the room is only booked for 1 person. The hotel may not enforce this but I would make sure ahead of time!

To be fair the hotel maybe able to change the reservation from 1 to 2 people anyway as their reservations department will have mroe control over it than Marriott.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've run into this issue a number of times, albeit not at this property....i always book for 1 person but on the rare instance when i'm able to convince my wife to accompany me on the trip, i need to change the reservation to 2 people....this is often at the very last minute so we are past the cancellation deadline....marriott is unable to make the change but a call to the property always works....
EuropeanPete and bluestrudels like this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
This isn't an issue at all. The hotel will contact you numerous times (in my experience at the W) to verify sea plane numbers and details. Just write and tell them it'll be two people, they'll make the necessary arrangements.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I've never had an issue changing number of occupants on an active reservation without rebooking-as long as room occupancy limits were not impacted. Just tell them two people will be in the room.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chazas
This isn't an issue at all. The hotel will contact you numerous times (in my experience at the W) to verify sea plane numbers and details. Just write and tell them it'll be two people, they'll make the necessary arrangements.
Yup! Did the same thing for my St Regis Maldives reservation too.
The hotel's reservations office can amend it manually on their end, and it will reflect on my app.
This works the same when they upgrade you too, you can see the changes reflected in the app.
These payments will all be finalized during check out, so no need to worry once you contact the property about your seaplane transfers and stay details.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The resorts are the one who does the final request for the seaplane companies. If you contact them early one they will fix it. No worries. The seaplane companies only finalise their flights the previous day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.