Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Mobile Chat (General Discussion Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz

The only thread I could find about this feature is old, and no longer accepting comments. Marriott's FAQ page and info does not fully explain how to initiate the chat feature.

Can anyone tell me, if, after I press "REQUEST SERVICES" on the app, and the only choice that comes up is, "Call Us," Does that mean mobile chat is not available for this hotel? I have used mobile chat before, and that is how I thought I got there, although it has been a while.

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by IrisT
The only thread I could find about this feature is old, and no longer accepting comments. Marriott's FAQ page and info does not fully explain how to initiate the chat feature.

Can anyone tell me, if, after I press "REQUEST SERVICES" on the app, and the only choice that comes up is, "Call Us," Does that mean mobile chat is not available for this hotel? I have used mobile chat before, and that is how I thought I got there, although it has been a while.

Thanks!
Mobile chat only becomes available 2 days before arrival. (Chat is discussed in the app thread.)

If you need an email address, check the wiki here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...addresses.html
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Thank you for that information. I am somehow missing that thread via word search and by skimming through a few pages.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
When does "chat with us" feature become available?

Thread title pretty self explanatory.

I have a few international reservations in the same city. I want to use the "chat with us" feature to ask questions about the hotel like a) can they upgrade my room based on my status; b) breakfast offerings, etc. The reservations are for next week but all of them only have a "Call us" button and not a "chat with us" button.

Does that "chat with us" only become available 1 or 2 days before the arrival date? I've not paid close enough attention to it to notice.

Thanks,
-RM
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Yes. I've not paid attention to when exactly the chat features becomes live, but it's a day or two out from check-in, as I recall.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 days before arrival when the check in window opens.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have not timed it, but as soon as I do the check-in then chat was available but not before.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xeno
I have not timed it, but as soon as I do the check-in then chat was available but not before.
I’ve been able to chat without checking in.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ve been able to chat without checking in.
Seconded. I always check in when I arrive at the hotel; I am able to chat to the hotel without checking in from about two days before my stay starts.
margarita girl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Seconded. I always check in when I arrive at the hotel; I am able to chat to the hotel without checking in from about two days before my stay starts.
In other words, right at the time that advance mobile check-in becomes available, right?
You may be right, but I thought I remember one or two Marriott properties in the USA that did not show chat as an option until the mobile check-in.,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.