Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Frankfurt Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Frankfurt Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:59 pm

Marriott Frankfurt Airport and Berlin Potsdamer Platz

Just a brief observation from recent stays. Both properties seem to be well run (could be the same management or training company), with staff being friendly and proactive at levels not typical in Germany-based hotels. It felt like a lot of staff training took place during the pandemic which is paying off. At least for these two locations, I have shifted from Sheratons/Westins to Marriotts for good. It's easy to complain, but this is an example for the erstwhile Marriott hospitality spirit living on.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:38 pm

The Frankfurt Airport Marriott is a former wing of the adjoining Sheraton. It was only rebranded and introduced as a separate hotel last year, and I think it still shares some facilities with the Sheraton. I would assume it's the same management as the Sheraton.

The Berlin Marriott was built as a Marriott in 2004.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:28 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by whereiswaldo
Just a brief observation from recent stays. Both properties seem to be well run (could be the same management or training company), with staff being friendly and proactive at levels not typical in Germany-based hotels. It felt like a lot of staff training took place during the pandemic which is paying off. At least for these two locations, I have shifted from Sheratons/Westins to Marriotts for good. It's easy to complain, but this is an example for the erstwhile Marriott hospitality spirit living on.
​​​​​​

Originally Posted by James Luckard
The Frankfurt Airport Marriott is a former wing of the adjoining Sheraton. It was only rebranded and introduced as a separate hotel last year, and I think it still shares some facilities with the Sheraton. I would assume it's the same management as the Sheraton.

The Berlin Marriott was built as a Marriott in 2004.
Just to highlight, that this thread is about the Marriott Hotel in Frankfurt accros the Messe, not the one at the airport.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Any updates as to this hotel?
Is it in a good area for a family to do things with a 5 year old?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:13 am

The hotel is next to the fair ground and a big shopping center "Skyline Plaza". It is in a safe area called "Bockenheim" and away from the "Bahnhofsviertel" which is nower days no longer safe and pleasant even during the day. I think you can book it and there should be some playgrounds arounds. You can take the metro to the city centre. It should be a ten minutes ride.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
The hotel is next to the fair ground and a big shopping center "Skyline Plaza". It is in a safe area called "Bockenheim" and away from the "Bahnhofsviertel" which is nower days no longer safe and pleasant even during the day. I think you can book it and there should be some playgrounds arounds. You can take the metro to the city centre. It should be a ten minutes ride.
Thanks for info.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Note that some rooms here are completely renovated and do not look at all like the rooms in the photos on the website. I was told at check-in that I was explicitly blocked into a renovated room and could either wait for it to be ready or take a non-renovated room immediately. As a result, you can tell the property is in flux with room renovations ongoing.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Note that some rooms here are completely renovated and do not look at all like the rooms in the photos on the website. I was told at check-in that I was explicitly blocked into a renovated room and could either wait for it to be ready or take a non-renovated room immediately. As a result, you can tell the property is in flux with room renovations ongoing.
There are only 6 renovated rooms on 43th floor. (4301 -4306) plus one "Executive Junior Suite". Formerly the lounge was there before it was moved to ground floor. At the moment there are definitely no renovations.

The Junior Suite is not in the upgrade pool. It is already very rare to get one of these renovated rooms.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
There are only 6 renovated rooms on 43th floor. (4301 -4306) plus one "Executive Junior Suite". Formerly the lounge was there before it was moved to ground floor. At the moment there are definitely no renovations.

The Junior Suite is not in the upgrade pool. It is already very rare to get one of these renovated rooms.
Wait, seriously! I was wondering why I didn't notice any construction sounds or noises! Wow, that makes a lot of sense - can't believe I'm staying in the lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 11:53 am

Wait, seriously! I was wondering why I didn't notice any construction sounds or noises! Wow, that makes a lot of sense - can't believe I'm staying in the lounge.
Congrats to get one of those rooms. Upgrades to something better than regular Clubrooms are very very rare.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:12 am

Well, I definitely enjoyed the Frankfurt Marriott - especially at a price of 104 EUR and even during a shockingly busy Bitcoin conference with some dumb car showcase outside. All of that busyness aside, I thought the hotel itself got a lot correct. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to one of the 6 renovated Club Rooms (see posts above for context) - I asked about suites even though none were selling online and was told there was a 34th floor Junior Suite with a bad view - I chose to wait for the renovated room (though, I had no idea at the time how rare it was)
  • The room design is nice - I was immediately reminded of the renovated rooms at Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
  • Bed was comfortable - plush pillows, plush covers, and just-right (probably foam) mattress
  • Shower pressure was amazingly strong (I used the rainfall head) and digital temperature controls on touch sensitive buttons worked well
  • Nice view towards Europaturm
  • Delivered a nice welcome gift of a box of yummy Lindt chocolates
  • M Club has nice offerings
    • Yummy hot chocolate
    • Nice bread and butter (I had four rolls as a substitute for dinner)
    • Some good desserts during evening service - I enjoyed the pot de creme and the bread pudding
    • There were a lot of choices at evening service that I didn't partake in - plenty were making this dinner
    • Breakfast service starts at 6:30 and was tasty - a highlight was the super flaky cinnamon roll, and the pancake from the conveyor machine was good with the syrup - eggs, bacon, and other hot offerings are all here, too
  • Really liked the artwork in the hallways with scenes of Frankfurt
Cons:
  • Half-glass in shower is ineffective and water will get on the floor and walls
  • No Internet capabilites on TV
  • Elevators were crowded due to aforementioned conference (luckily, they are quite fast when they aren't stopping)
Overall, I would not hesitate to return.

Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:14 am

Thanks for the review. I really like it.

It was really a good decision not to take the "Junior Suite". These are located directly behind the elevator. It is incredibly loud inside as the two lifts run 24/7 behind your bed.

By the way only ambassador members get any welcome gifts or the renovated rooms. As Titanium I have round about 10 stays a year and never got any upgrade better then "old" club rooms. Only during covid 19 better upgrades were possible. But as you said room rates are often very low so it ist still a great deal even for Titaniums
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 10:31 am

Thanks for the review. I really like it.

It was really a good decision not to take the "Junior Suite". These are located directly behind the elevator. It is incredibly loud inside as the two lifts run 24/7 behind your bed.

By the way only ambassador members get any welcome gifts or the renovated rooms. As Titanium I have round about 10 stays a year and never got any upgrade better then "old" club rooms. Only during covid 19 better upgrades were possible. But as you said room rates are often very low so it ist still a great deal even for Titaniums
Good call-out - I was wondering what those rooms by the elevators would be like.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, I definitely enjoyed the Frankfurt Marriott
Any nighttime shots?

David

Last edited by DELee; Mar 13, 2023 at 12:15 am Reason: original quote apparently ill-formed
Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Good call-out - I was wondering what those rooms by the elevators would be like.
I was surprised to see you in a normal Club room. Got spoilt by your many suite reports!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.