Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Petra Marriott Hotel, Jordan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Petra Marriott Hotel, Jordan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Are there any places to eat or stores within walking distance? The website mentions free buffet breakfast. Is this for all guests?
nothing within walking distance.

noticed that all rooms now come with free continental breakfast. Please report back.
yscleo and tkelvin69 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Are there any places to eat or stores within walking distance? The website mentions free buffet breakfast. Is this for all guests?
Nothing but a taxi isn't too expensive at all and the hotel does provide a shuttle 2-3x a day to the archaeological sites. I'd probably recommend hiring a car and driving around if you're feeling adventurous. I found that driving in Jordan wasn't too bad until you got to Amman and that was an interesting experience if you aren't alert...
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Marriott in Petra and do want to thank the earlier posters for their insights and advice. I received an upgrade to a corner room with a beautiful view of the Mountains and Valley and the staff was excellent. I enjoyed the evening Bedouin experience at Al Matal where I had the lamb and Petra in itself was amazing but that's for another post. Enjoy the pics below. =)
Did you write "another post" and where, about the dinner? Is that at the hotel restaurant or elsewhere We'd like to stay at this hotel probably 11/1 (one night). Would like to know the options.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
Did you write "another post" and where, about the dinner? Is that at the hotel restaurant or elsewhere We'd like to stay at this hotel probably 11/1 (one night). Would like to know the options.
I didn't write another post as I didn't have time but I did post photos further up the thread. The restaurant is on-site and outside to the left of the pool with a view of the Valley. I'd recommend it for 2x people as it was way too much food for one person. =)
yscleo likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
I didn't write another post as I didn't have time but I did post photos further up the thread. The restaurant is on-site and outside to the left of the pool with a view of the Valley. I'd recommend it for 2x people as it was way too much food for one person. =)
The PrinceofTravel in his blog mentioned the buffect dinner was around US$37, in 2019. If they have both buffet, or ordered plate dinners, then I guess my wife and I can do the later.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by yscleo
The PrinceofTravel in his blog mentioned the buffect dinner was around US$37, in 2019. If they have both buffet, or ordered plate dinners, then I guess my wife and I can do the later.
There wasn't a buffet when I went but YMMV.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
There wasn't a buffet when I went but YMMV.
When I was there March 2022, it was buffet type dinner. I think my rate plan was half board.
yscleo likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
When I was there March 2022, it was buffet type dinner. I think my rate plan was half board.
Perhaps that was for the indoor restaurant but not the outdoor Al Matal Bedouin experience?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Perhaps that was for the indoor restaurant but not the outdoor Al Matal Bedouin experience?
Yes exactly. The Bedouin experience will definitely not be buffet type.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
any specific room numbers we should ask for when staying? will be onsite in 3 weeks!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Food and drinks

Currently at the Hilton Dead Sea resort and they have a strict policy of not bringing food or beverages into the hotel and scan all items. Does Marriott have the same policy? I have duty free I want to bring for evening nightcaps.

Edit: No apparent restrictions on bringing in food and beverage but did not send it through the scanner.

Last edited by tkelvin69; Sep 15, 2022 at 7:53 am
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did anyone stay at Petra Marriott on points ever received a Request of Reconfirmation of the booking from Marriott's Jordan Cluster Reservations Office?

I received an email from Marriott's Jordan Cluster Reservations Office, wanting me to Reconfirm my 2 point bookings in October. The author is a supervisor of that office. She wants Reconfirmation on the booking, and to inform them if there is any change.

I have never received a "Reconfirmation" request from any Marriott property booked with points through out the world. While this is odd, I go ahead to reconfirm them together with attachments of the Stay Details from Marriott site.

Then I got an Automatic Reply telling me this -

MHRS, Jordan Cluster Reservations

12:22 PM (1 hour ago)
Thank you for contacting the Jordan Cluster Reservations Office. Please note that due to government work restrictions currently in place, we do not have access to this email address and there may be a significant delay in responding back to your message.
However, for any urgent matters please contact:

[email protected] and [email protected] and we will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Ms. Alaa Alothman, Jordan Cluster Reservations Supervisor | Amman Marriott Hotel, Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa, Petra Marriott Hotel

MARRIOTT HOTELS| TRAVEL BRILLIANTLY

Amman Marriott Hotel, Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa, Petra Marriott Hotel, Shmeissani, Issam Ajluni Street, P.O.Box: 926333 Amman | Jordan | Tel: +962 6 560 7607 | Fax: +962 6 562 0516 |

So I resent the "Reconfirmation" reply to the 2 email addresses listed at the bottom of the above Automatic Reply.

Guess what? I then received an Undeliverable Error on the email address [email protected]saying the recipient or group is not found. Upon looking at the email address more carefully, I noticed apparently it has the first 2 characters missing in the last name part. The Supervisor who sent the "Reconfirmation Request" is Ms. Alaa Alothman, Jordan Cluster Reservations Supervisor | Amman Marriott Hotel, Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa, Petra Marriott Hotel. Her last name in the Undeliverable email address is missing the first 2 characters of al.

One more time, I resent my "Reconfirmation" reply to the original email address that such request coming from, as well as the 2 employee email addresses listed at the bottom of the Automatic Reply, but corrected the Supervisor's email address.
This time, oddly, no Automatic Reply has come, despite it is listed as one of the recipients of my "Reconfirmation" reply. Also apparently the corrected email address of the Supervisor, is deliverable in the Marriott system. Whew.

Still, this totally unexpected Reconfirmation Request got me wonder the certainty of my bookings. They were booked in April for October stays, 2 consecutive nights booked as individual nights. The Request only ask to Reconfirm the First Night. I replied to reconfirm BOTH nights with attachments of the Stay Details screen shots.

Should I contact Petra Marriott to make sure everything is in order?

Anybody has the email address of Petra Marriott?

Thanks for inputs.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Have not received that, but just finished a stay last week at Petra.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We just finished up a stay here and this place gets pretty high marks for being pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Great staff all around. We were in Egypt when we decided to amend our travel plans and do a stopover in Amman so we could head to Petra. I wound up in an email conversation with Ayman at the front desk who hooked us up with a minivan and driver for our family of 5 and 7 bags. Our flight into AMM was delayed and the weather was atrocious once we turned off the desert highway, so we were happy to be in the hands of a skilled driver and in the comfort of a minibus so late at night. The driver stuck with us during our stay in Petra and was always in contact with the front desk to find out if we were sleeping in late/etc. We felt pretty well cared for. We had two valley view connected rooms and woke up to a stunning view the morning after our 2:30am arrival. Breakfast is ok, does the trick and then the staff upstairs in the main bar and restaurant are really nice and provide great service. We ate dinner in the main dining room and had lunch at the bar, a decent array of options for a short stay. Overall I would say this place was better than expected, and if anyone tells you to stay down by the visitor center because it is more convenient, no way. Stay up here for the views, you can have your driver deliver you to the visitor center area in a few minutes if needed. Getting a local driver really makes the location a non issue.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by stephem
...I would say this place was better than expected, and if anyone tells you to stay down by the visitor center because it is more convenient, no way. Stay up here for the views, you can have your driver deliver you to the visitor center area in a few minutes if needed. Getting a local driver really makes the location a non issue.
Thanks for posting. I was considering this property for February as a Platinum. Good information re: visitor center. I arrive at AMM during the day and thinking of renting a car for the drive to Petra and parking it. Do you know if the hotel has a shuttle, or otherwise, to take guests to Petra entrance or is the property within walking distance to the entrance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.