Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Virtuoso and Elite Night/ Points Credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

If I book a hotel thru a Virtuoso agent, at a Virtuoso rate that comes with Virtuoso amenities, and the agent attaches the Marriott number to the reservation, will I for sure get the elite nights/ credit on top of the promises Virtuoso benefits?

Specifically I’m thinking about Cosmopolitan LV, but this question is more general than just one hotel, what’s people’s experience in 2019? — from reading the forum it appears FHR might not qualify for elite nights any more
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
from reading the forum it appears FHR might not qualify for elite nights any more
Source? I thought it was only prepaid FHR rates that don't qualify
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pewpew
In the Cosmopolitan Master thread, someone posted that FHR booked thru Expedia on the backend also wouldn’t qualify for earning elite nights
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I booked at the Cosmo in May this year through a Virtuoso agent. Got the elite credit about 3 weeks later
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
I booked at the Cosmo in May this year through a Virtuoso agent. Got the elite credit about 3 weeks later
Thank you! Did you call hotel to add your Marriott number or do it upon arrival? Did you have to submit a missing Stay request?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
One month ago we stayed at the Marriott Queens Park Bangkok and got the points/night credit.Marriott number in the original request for booking.Got a confirmation from the hotel 24 hours later and it showed in my bookings with Marriott.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I forgot the details -- I think I found a way to use the virtuoso confirmation details to look up the reservation on the Marriott website, and then from there link it to my Marriott number

I did submit a missing stay request 2 months later, and got a reply one or two days later saying "you already got the credit". Turns out when the Cosmo stay posted to my account, it was posted on Page 2 of the account activity page LOL
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:30 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
If you give your Virtuoso agent your Bonvoy account number at time of booking it is very easy to attach it the reservation
Old Oct 26, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pewpew
That changed. The Lurkers confirmed. No longer showing up as 'Expedia' and that rate is earning now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.