Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Through Oct 18 2019, buy up to 100,000 Marriott points for $8.75 per 1,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Through Oct 18 2019, buy up to 100,000 Marriott points for $8.75 per 1,000

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Even though you are limited to 100K pt transfer from any one person, you can receive up to 500K pts/yr in your account. So I don’t think you would be barred from buying. Why don’t you try it and report back?
How does that 500K trasnfer works.
I received 50K as a transfer this year, and now i can buy during that promo only 50K instead of 100K
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by spek
How does that 500K trasnfer works.
I received 50K as a transfer this year, and now i can buy during that promo only 50K instead of 100K
See previous posts. I think you can only buy 50K pts at a time.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
thnx, gonna find it out. And still - one can transfer up to 500K a year?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Well, no, I can’t buy again— bought 50K previously and then got about 150K in transferred points from family, now the website won’t let me buy again.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:13 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Well, no, I can’t buy again— bought 50K previously and then got about 150K in transferred points from family, now the website won’t let me buy again.
Hi theOtherHolmes! The maximum amount of Points 'purchased' is 50,000. Individual Accounts can only reflect a maximum of 50,000 purchased Points every calendar year regardless of who purchased them. Learn more here: bit.ly/2BGXlHA under section 2.9 Purchase Points.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi theOtherHolmes! The maximum amount of Points 'purchased' is 50,000. Individual Accounts can only reflect a maximum of 50,000 purchased Points every calendar year regardless of who purchased them. Learn more here: bit.ly/2BGXlHA under section 2.9 Purchase Points.
? ? ? I had to double check the promo language but isn’t the purchased maximum increased from
50K to 100K during the promotion period which ends October 18?

I read fine print for a living so... did my brain just went on vacation or somethin’?
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by theOtherHolmes; Oct 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by spek
thnx, gonna find it out. And still - one can transfer up to 500K a year?
Hey spek! Here is some information that might help:

• A Member can transfer up to a maximum of 100,000 Points per calendar year to another Membership Account
  • A Member can receive up to 500,000 Points per calendar year from other Membership Accounts (e.g. Five different Members could each independently share 100,000 Points to one Member.)
  • The combined maximum amount of Points 'purchased' is 50,000
    • Individual Accounts can only reflect a maximum of 50,000 purchased Points every calendar year regardless of who purchased them
​​​​​​​
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
? ? ? I had to double check the promo language but isn’t the purchased maximum increases from
50K to 100K during the promotion period which ends October 18?

I read fine print for a living so... did my brain just went on vacation or somethin’?
Sorry for any confusion, theOtherHolmes! For the "save 30% when buying 2,000+ Marriott Bonvoy Points from Points.com" Promotion, the annual maximum for purchased Points is 100,000 Points during the Promotional period only (September 14 - October 18, 2019). The annual maximum for purchased Points raised from the normal 50,000 Points to 100,000 Points for this Promotion only, between September 14 and October 18. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2019 are included in the 100,000 Points limit. This Promotion only applies to Points purchased from Points.com. Points purchased through an Agent during the Reservation process or purchased during the Reservation process online do not apply.

I hope this helps to clear up any confusion; I am truly sorry if I caused any!
Boraxo and margarita girl like this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I purchased 100k points in two transactions on Friday. Well over 48 hours now and no points. I bought them under the very clear written expectation on the purchase page that they would arrive within 24-48 hours. If I don't have them by tomorrow they will not have enough time to transfer into AA so I can use them on an itinerary I am holding. Any ideas how I can speed this up tomorrow? They had no problem taking my money immediately.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by HiAperture
I purchased 100k points in two transactions on Friday.
There is likely some manual check taking place, your points will probably post early Monday.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
I purchased 100k points in two transactions on Friday. Well over 48 hours now and no points. I bought them under the very clear written expectation on the purchase page that they would arrive within 24-48 hours. If I don't have them by tomorrow they will not have enough time to transfer into AA so I can use them on an itinerary I am holding. Any ideas how I can speed this up tomorrow? They had no problem taking my money immediately.
it will take a few biz days so if you bought on Fri, expect Mon/Tue
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
There is likely some manual check taking place, your points will probably post early Monday.
Originally Posted by Mr Bios
Yea that it could be business days did occur to me. I just got a little freaked out by the person earlier in this thread saying they had waited over a week and not seen them yet.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well, I purchased 48k on 20-Sep. And still did not received them, got Bonvoyed... )
Complaint to Marriott, they pushed it further to points.com. I just contacted my CC company and demanded charge-back. They have money for all ads everywhere, but not to make decent IT? What a company.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Bios
Yea that it could be business days did occur to me. I just got a little freaked out by the person earlier in this thread saying they had waited over a week and not seen them yet.
Just an update. Tuesday afternoon now, well over 48 business hours now, still no points. My award hold will expire tomorrow, no chance of transfer in time even if the points do come in. Have to hope now the seats go back into inventory so I can grab them again. Points.com doesn't have a phone number that I can find, only a website form they request a 3 day response time from.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just as a further warning to others I'll share my experience of this offer:

1) Made 2 purchases one for 50k and the other for 25k Friday Oct 11.

2) I received emailed receipts and confirmation numbers for the points purchases. I needed them urgently to include a booking for later this month.

3) Although supposed to credit within 24-48 hours they were not there Sunday so I called Marriott Bonvoy. Agent opened a case for me with Corporate Customer Care or something similar to investigate the missing points.

4) Agent also said he would make my booking even though points were not there and it was within the 15 day window where points needed to be there. This resulted in a $337.50 charge to my credit card (plus a $10 currency conversion fee) on file with Marriott that I did not authorise and was never meant to occur. The agent/system mistakenly purchased 27,000 points for me at full price without my knowledge. I realised this Monday and spoke to someone at "Bonvoy Elite" who opened another case for me to get the erroneous $337.50 charge refunded to me. She also was going to chase up the original case for the points I purchased which had still not been credited.

5) Since Monday nothing further - the points I correctly and intentionally paid over $600 for have not materialsed. I have heard nothing from Marriott Customer Care or anyone else. The erroneous card charge for $337.50+$10 has now been processed by my bank whilst the refund from Marriott has not. Marriott have also not followed up with me at all about the erroneous and unauthorised charge they made to my card.

So be careful. I honestly wish I had not bothered and have no idea how much effort it will take to get this resoved. I am $1,000 out of pocket and Marriott don't seem to be taking it urgently or seriously other than by way of crediting a points bonus for the error the agent made. NB they did acknowledge that the points purchase offer had been more popular than expected.

Not a great incentive to retain "Titanium Elite" status, and, as CEO, I am not keen on others in my company using Marriott right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.