Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Validity of Platinum status after closing Amex Brilliant card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

The terms of the Brilliant card clearly state that the auto-received Gold status expired upon closing of the card. However, the terms of the Platinum status received after spending $75K do not mention such a term explicitly.

Does anybody know, definitively, what happens to Platinum status received due to such $75K, upon card closing?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
my guess is too new of a card product to have experiences on this yet. Generally, with any status upgrades, they are at least valid until the next cycle ... so that would be March 2020. My guess is the system may even take this as 'earned in 2019' and extend it till March 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.