Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy 2019 Q3 / Q4 New Promo ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Promos are not designed to get people who are not traveling to travel, they're all about getting people who are traveling to pick you over the competition.
I think many will disagree with this blanket assertion. Is this a personal opinion, or a statement based on knowledge of Marriotts marketing strategies ?
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I think many will disagree with this blanket assertion. Is this a personal opinion, or a statement based on knowledge of Marriotts marketing strategies ?
It’s a personal opinion posing as a sacramental, God-given enlightened truth.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's worth remembering that Marriott's standard earning is rather lucrative. I'd rather have 10 Marriott points per $ than Hilton's 20 points from a double point promo.
I would certainly prefer to take 10 Marriott over 10 Hilton maybe even 15 Hilton but 20 Hilton I find more useful that 10 Marriott and with peak nights about to arrive Marriott points are worth less in 2 weeks time as the properties I may redeem at will probably be peak nearly all the time. Essentially Cat 9.

​​​Marriott's last promo for someone who stays at Cat7/8 properties was frankly terrible and I somehow doubt it's going to improve much but time will tell and guess depends how things went in the last quarter. Hoping that with the introduction of peak it might mean they would launch a good promo alongside it to divert some attention, but as its Marriott probably not!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:03 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Promos are always nice, the double take was pretty sweet and I earned more than 100K, this last one not so much a whopping 10.5K at last count. Regardless of promo I still gotta travel and sleep somewhere and for now Marriott for better or worse got me, hope the fall promo is a sweet, probably won't be but I can still hope, LOL
rubey419 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
About a week to go, but still not sign of a new promotion. Didn't the last promo start immediately after the previous one, or was there a gap between the two?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Don't we get a 2000 point bonus for staying at a CY?

That's better than the summer promo ...
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
I think the Lurkers give execs the insight that promos don’t matter to loyalty.......Marriott has the market covered so no need for a massive promo that benefits people who will stay regardless.

Lower expectations or join a chain that needs to run more gimmicks.
acrophobia likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Jerry Vandesic
About a week to go, but still not sign of a new promotion. Didn't the last promo start immediately after the previous one, or was there a gap between the two?
The previous promo ended on June 4 while the current promo started on July 2.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The previous promo ended on June 4 while the current promo started on July 2.
Thanks. I hadn't paid attention at the time - the summer promotion was for multi-night stays, which didn't do me any good, so I moved my nights to Hilton.

Maybe we'll see something starting on October 1.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

Except you have to stay at a CY
goodeats21 and yurtripper like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Because of a concept called competition. Competition is greatest when demand is highest. Promos are not designed to get people who are not traveling to travel, they're all about getting people who are traveling to pick you over the competition.
HUH? This doesn't seem to make any sense. Competition is greatest when hotels can't fill all their rooms, etc. When there are more customers than rooms, there's no reason to do anything to attract business. <oversimplification>
Duke787 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

​​​​​​You have to pay a significantly higher rate that is more than the cost of purchasing 2000 Marriott points in my experience.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
I
Ideally both, but competing in high season is much more lucrative. Would you rather get 10 extra customers when rates are $300/night, or 10 extra customers when rates are $150/night?
I would think hotels would rather get 10 extra customers rather than having 10 empty rooms. The rate would be dictated by the prevailing rate of the region for such dates.

Last edited by cre95; Sep 6, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
​​​​​​You have to pay a significantly higher rate that is more than the cost of purchasing 2000 Marriott points in my experience.
I stay mostly in smaller towns where a CY is the best hotel around. That promo is awesome in my book.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia

It is only for USA
But why?
Dav77 likes this.

Last edited by GoldenItalianBoy; Sep 8, 2019 at 5:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.