Bonvoy 2019 Q3 / Q4 New Promo ?

Old Aug 29, 19, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Bonvoy 2019 Q3 / Q4 New Promo ?

Is there any info about a new promo as the current one is going to expire soon?
Old Aug 29, 19, 5:12 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Like we can keep a secret here
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:55 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
For some reason, Marriott is terrible at this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 10:32 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck View Post
For some reason, Marriott is terrible at this.
Its because it's done at Marriott corporate level and they are pretty terrible!
supatight80 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
Its because it's done at Marriott corporate level and they are pretty terrible!
Yeah, but I don't get it. Why run a promo for July-Labor Day, one of the most heavily travelled times of the year and then have nothing after Labor Day when travel drops? It makes no sense.
Old Aug 29, 19, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Choice Platinum, Caesar's Platinum, MLife Pearl
Yeah, but I don't get it. Why run a promo for July-Labor Day, one of the most heavily travelled times of the year and then have nothing after Labor Day when travel drops? It makes no sense.
Marriott historically does have a promotion starting in September, shortly after Labor Day. What they are not good about is announcing said promotions in advance. Since the summer promotion ran until September 16 this year, I'm not sure what to expect. Maybe an announcement the last week of September about a promo that runs from October to January? Either way, I don't expect it to touch Hilton's triple points promo for cardholders.
Old Aug 29, 19, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Why run a promo for July-Labor Day, one of the most heavily travelled times of the year and then have nothing after Labor Day when travel drops? It makes no sense.
Because of a concept called competition. Competition is greatest when demand is highest. Promos are not designed to get people who are not traveling to travel, they're all about getting people who are traveling to pick you over the competition.
Old Aug 29, 19, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Since when is Labor Day September 16th?
Old Aug 29, 19, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Because of a concept called competition. Competition is greatest when demand is highest. Promos are not designed to get people who are not traveling to travel, they're all about getting people who are traveling to pick you over the competition.
So you donít compete when occupancies are low, you compete when they are high? Wouldnít you want the extra customers when they are hardest to get, not when you might be able to fill the rooms up anyway?
Old Aug 29, 19, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Since when is Labor Day September 16th?
sorry, I saw September 2. That must be the latest you can sign up.
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
So you donít compete when occupancies are low, you compete when they are high?
Ideally both, but competing in high season is much more lucrative. Would you rather get 10 extra customers when rates are $300/night, or 10 extra customers when rates are $150/night?
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Ideally both, but competing in high season is much more lucrative. Would you rather get 10 extra customers when rates are $300/night, or 10 extra customers when rates are $150/night?
Thatís kind of simplistic. There are many variables.
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:58 pm
Hoc

Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA; AA 2.5 MM, Bonvoy Titanium
Because they can run any promo they want, whenever they want, if they don't comply with its terms. A million points for those who travel in July. Why not? They're not awarding the promised points, and not responding to inquiries about them.
Old Aug 30, 19, 1:18 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Because it was hardly a promo. They need to appear to be running a promo just for appearences but it was so poor the cost of running it is very low. Also a lot of business travel picks up in September time after July/August which is actually lower on the business travel so September can be a busy month for many hotels, just not so much resorts!
Old Aug 30, 19, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
Because it was hardly a promo. They need to appear to be running a promo just for appearences but it was so poor the cost of running it is very low. Also a lot of business travel picks up in September time after July/August which is actually lower on the business travel so September can be a busy month for many hotels, just not so much resorts!
It's worth remembering that Marriott's standard earning is rather lucrative. I'd rather have 10 Marriott points per $ than Hilton's 20 points from a double point promo.

Search this Thread