Wiki Posts
Search

ID90 & Loyalty points?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
ID90 & Loyalty points?

If I book a marriott stay using the ID90 app or website, will I still get loyalty points?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by vanabb
If I book a marriott stay using the ID90 app or website, will I still get loyalty points?
My understanding is that you will not.

For those not familiar, ID90 is a travel industry discount.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I booked using a similar website (API) and I got points, but that may be because I used my Marriott CC to pay for it. I also received stay credit. YMMV I suppose.

If you book using a Friends & Family rate, for instance, you receive nothing (though I would get a few points since I used the CC).

-J.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Does anyone have direct experience using ID90? I can use the 'Friends and family' access, and as it is for the travel industry surely of all people they would not want to lose out on points. My friend says she doesn't use it for hotels, and Google is surprisingly bereft of information.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by vanabb
as it is for the travel industry surely of all people they would not want to lose out on points.
They get to choose - points or big discount. You can't get both (barring a mistake of course).
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
They get to choose - points or big discount. You can't get both (barring a mistake of course).
It depends on whether ID90 app is booking a travel industry rate or a crew rate. Travel industry rates do typically earn points, crew rates not. One way to get an inkling would be to see how the ID90 rate compared to the standard Marriott travel industry code (TVL), if it's much cheaper its almost certainly a crew rate and likely won't earn points. But if it's not much cheaper I would book TVL rate if you are eligible. Booking ID90 rate didn't end well for this person:

How would you interpret "crew rate" in the T&C's?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Does your company have a travel tips forum or Facebook group? I'd suggest asking there. Most of the members on this site do not work in the travel industry, or at least not in a capacity that would allow them to use ID90. There are a couple of non-company-specific Facebook groups that are easily searchable.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.