Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Results in getting the DESTINATION FEE waived at Marriott branded properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Results in getting the DESTINATION FEE waived at Marriott branded properties

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So you apparently knew about the fee before you arrived at the property. Would you have been able to cancel if you wanted?
I discovered it several months after I booked, but I have not yet arrived at the property. I would have booked a different option at the time of booking had I known about the considerable extra expense. I don't really see this as any different from a property instituting a resort charge and trying to apply it retroactively to a booking (and I don't even, in fact, know if the charge existed at the time I booked, though that seems irrelevant).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I can't find any 1.3.v in the T&C. Can you provide a link? Are you sure you're not quoting the SPG T&C?
Originally Posted by dayone
Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions

Section 1.3.c.v. Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include Internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property’s discretion.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
I never pay resort fees - As if a hotel charges a resort fee I do not stay there.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: CX DM / Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mikebor
I have been able to get the Marriott Marquis Times Square to waive the fee for me.
Using what argument?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TimesTwo

It’s 1.3.c.v:

“v.Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property's discretion.”
Most of the properties I have stayed at recently have two internet packages, regular & high-speed for streaming. Where the property charges a resort fee, only the regular internet is included. High-speed is available for no fee to Elites. So the the replacement benefit with included internet is High-Speed Internet.

James
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I carry a printed copy of the terms with me but I've not had to pull it out so far. I've been offered around $8-10 per day food and beverage credit which I'm totally fine with.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
For business travel, my corporate rate is not charged a resort fee.

On several occasions, my Ambassador has been able to get a hotel to waive resort fees prior to my arrival.

I have had some success in getting hotels to offer an alternative amenity (usually F&B credit) when resort fee includes internet access.

Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by Lobster
I never pay resort fees - As if a hotel charges a resort fee I do not stay there.
I suspect that if you ever go to Las Vegas you will pay a resort fee.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by andrewstahl
[left]For business travel, my corporate rate is not charged a resort fee.
This has been the case for me but I'm starting to see a couple of properties quote destination fees now when using my corporate code. I haven't booked one yet, so I'm not sure if this is real or if it's just a website display issue.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lougord99
There is no resort fee at the Marriott Grand Chateau. On block off the strip and < 10 minute walk from the Cosmopolitan.

James
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by lougord99
I was there last month stayed at the Towneplace Suites one block off the strip with a free shuttle bus. Not resort fee and free parking.

If all the hotels in Vegas start to charge a resort fee then I will just not go there it is not that great a place. I could quite happily never go there again in my lifetime.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Lobster
I was there last month stayed at the Towneplace Suites one block off the strip with a free shuttle bus. Not resort fee and free parking.

If all the hotels in Vegas start to charge a resort fee then I will just not go there it is not that great a place. I could quite happily never go there again in my lifetime.
Must be nice. I can see my employer saying "what do you mean you won't go to a city"

I can also tell you my response is one my reports said that to me. (Let's just say it wouldn't be well received)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I got a fee waived at the Gramercy Park Hotel New York Design Hotel after a few weeks of working through the Lurker and Twitter. The fee had been imposed after my reservation was made and is disgraceful (I had chosen not to go to the nearby W because of their fee).
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Must be nice. I can see my employer saying "what do you mean you won't go to a city"

I can also tell you my response is one my reports said that to me. (Let's just say it wouldn't be well received)
Seems like if he cares that much he's probably paying out of his own pocket.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
High-speed is available for no fee to Elites. So the the replacement benefit with included internet is High-Speed Internet.
Huh?

High-speed ("enhanced" internet access) is available to Golds and above as an elite benefit per Terms & Conditions section 4.3.b.v. (some brand exclusions apply, such as EDITION, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Aloft, Element, & Vistana.)

It's not a replacement benefit.
DaveTO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.