Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton hotel in (One) Bangkok (scheduled to open in 2025)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton hotel in (One) Bangkok (scheduled to open in 2025)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Contrary to the marketing, it won't actually be Thailand's first Ritz Carlton, of course. There's already one on Koh Samui.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Contrary to the marketing, it won't actually be Thailand's first Ritz Carlton, of course. There's already one on Koh Samui.
It actually says "Thailand's First Hotel." That's even more not true!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Q2 2025

https://tophotel.news/ritz-carlton-eyes-asian-growth/

"While one of the Thai additions is The Ritz-Carlton Bangkok, set to bring 259 rooms online in Q2 2025. Together with Andaz One Bangkok, the hotel will occupy a planned 50-storey tower in The One Bangkok lifestyle development. The Ritz-Carlton Bangkok will take up the first 25 floors of the building and feature one of the largest ballrooms in Thailand, four restaurants and bars, as well as extensive spa and fitness facilities."

https://www.kaohooninternational.com/thailand/516382/
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
3,9 BILLION USD ONE Bangkok Project How is it NOW?

.https://www.facebook.com/onebangkokth/

kevino likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow they timed this one beautifully, with the market for luxury condos in Bangkok heading right into the toilet.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Is that for luxury condos in general or are you talking about hotel residences a la Ritz Carlton Residences, Kimpton Maa Lai residences etc?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by luxtravels
Is that for luxury condos in general or are you talking about hotel residences a la Ritz Carlton Residences, Kimpton Maa Lai residences etc?
I was speaking in general, with reference to the entire project.

But I can't imagine the hotel residences are doing any better than the broader market, as it's a much more specific (and expensive) niche. It's hard to get accurate information from the media about what's really happening with the Thai market (as they tend to publish only developer-fed puff pieces), but in SF the news recently leaked that FS had sold only 13 of 146 residences in the two years they've been on the market: https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...d-17539420.php. I know anecdotally that many Thai projects have been paused due to lack of sales.
luxtravels likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 12:33 am
Original Poster

The chances of getting a decent internet connection at the Ritz-Carlton - when it finally opens - should be fairly good.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...l-connectivity
Old May 21, 2023, 6:46 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was speaking in general, with reference to the entire project.

But I can't imagine the hotel residences are doing any better than the broader market, as it's a much more specific (and expensive) niche. It's hard to get accurate information from the media about what's really happening with the Thai market (as they tend to publish only developer-fed puff pieces), but in SF the news recently leaked that FS had sold only 13 of 146 residences in the two years they've been on the market: https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...d-17539420.php. I know anecdotally that many Thai projects have been paused due to lack of sales.
I strongly suspect the Mandarin Oriental Residences by ICON SIAM has been doing very poorly. I toured some residences years ago and almost the entire building was available. The pricing is ridiculous. I don’t see the appeal in spending millions of USD on a Bangkok apartment. Their sales agents still try to ping me on WhatsApp.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

April 4, 2023

"Everything announced for One Bangkok

There has been no shortage of buzz around One Bangkok since it first launched in 2018. And the site next to Lumphini Park continues to spring up from the ground. With buildings now visible, many are wondering what will actually be there when its first phase opens during the early parts of 2024. Those details remain scarce.

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Bangkok

Of everything to be announced at One Bangkok, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Bangkok is the one thing set in stone. This will be the first Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Thailand’s Capital and is slated to open as part of the first phase. It will be located in the lower half of a 50-story tower and contain 259 rooms.".

https://interestingasia.com/2023/04/...or-one-bangkok
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Ritz-Carlton hotel in One Bangkok (scheduled to open in 2024)

Despite all the skepticism, this property should open its door within a year or so and it will be branded as a "Ritz-Carlton".

The opening of the Ritz-Carlton One Bangkok, described as an "urban resort", was in fact scheduled for the end of the first quarter of 2024 (originally planned for 2023), but it will most probably be delayed.

One Bangkok as of June 4, 2023

Last edited by UASPG; Jun 3, 2023 at 9:00 pm
Old Jun 4, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by UASPG
The opening of the Ritz-Carlton One Bangkok, described as an "urban resort"
Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, but struggle to see how a hotel in a skyscraper will pull off ‘urban resort’! I am a big fan of the concept generally and hope they succeed, I split my Bangkok stays between Capella and the Sukhothai these days precisely because of that vibe. I have a feeling it will end up more like the Kimpton which has some nice greenery outside but the lobby feels like you are walking through Grand Central Station…
Old Jun 4, 2023, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, but struggle to see how a hotel in a skyscraper will pull off ‘urban resort’! I am a big fan of the concept generally and hope they succeed, I split my Bangkok stays between Capella and the Sukhothai these days precisely because of that vibe. I have a feeling it will end up more like the Kimpton which has some nice greenery outside but the lobby feels like you are walking through Grand Central Station…
The best thing they could do is use good soundproofing for the rooms.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

The pre-opening (still a long way from the soft opening) should start in a couple of months, with a General Manager that has already been hired.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Guests at the W Bangkok will probably recognize the Ritz-Carlton One Bangkok General Manager that will open the hotel.

Last edited by UASPG; Aug 2, 2023 at 11:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.