Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:36 am

Anyone else unable to export their statement transactions into Quicken lately? Since yesterday I've tried downloading transactions, and I'm getting this error message every time no matter which browser or computer I use:

I spoke to customer service and they said they have been having intermittent problems with website for past week - just wondering if anyone else affected besides me.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Here’s my data (post #2152):

My free night cert posted Nov 27!

Reset date is Sept 26.
Annual fee posted Oct 24.
argh. I have to wait 2 months from the reset date???
No wonder nothing posted yet, even with the statement including the annual fee.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:06 pm

What happened to the GCR links to the Bonvoy cards?
It looks like they are gone??
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by rankourabu
argh. I have to wait 2 months from the reset date???
No wonder nothing posted yet, even with the statement including the annual fee.
Says right on the statement:

Upon your first anniversary: receive an Annual Free Night Award 8-10 weeks after the Annual Reset
Date, starting after your first year of Card membership.

My reset is Apr 10, my annual fee posted Apr 23, so I'm hoping to see my cert in mid-Jun...

Only thing I have concern about is the words "Upon your first anniversary". That almost makes it sound like you only get the cert after your first year of membership, not subsequent years, but then the words "starting after your first year of Card membership" make it sound as expected.

Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
Only thing I have concern about is the words "Upon your first anniversary". That almost makes it sound like you only get the cert after your first year of membership, not subsequent years, but then the words "starting after your first year of Card membership" make it sound as expected.
nothing to worry about. the amex.ca pages clearly states (bolding mine):
Receive an Annual Free Night Award after your anniversary each year.
then the footnote states:
Each year, 8-10 weeks after your annual reset date, you will earn an Annual Free Night Award redeemable within 1 year from issuing for an available single or double occupancy standard room at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties with a room rate of up to 35,000 points, inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes but exclusive of resort fee. Account must be in good standing. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.[/FONT]
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
No mention in this thread yet about annual renewal bonus, so I thought I'd share my experience. Until maybe 3 years ago, they were giving me gift cards, SPG points or prepaid Amex cards when I asked about a renewal bonus. Since then, Amex tightened up and wouldn't give anything. My annual renewal date was a couple weeks ago and I thought I'd give it another try. While not as generous as in the old days, still better than nothing. I learned from the agent that I spoke to that they had the authorization to give 8000 points as a goodwill gesture on the anniversary date. She spoke to her line supervisor who upped it to 10,000 for me. My annual spend is around $200k.
margarita girl and jerry305 like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:17 am

If I apply for this card now and get approved, do I get the 15 qualifying nights into my Marriott account this year, or do I need to wait till next year (maybe till my first account anniversary) to get them?
Old May 2, 2019, 8:40 am

I got the nights after approval for the card. I haven't even received the physical card yet.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Did anyone get another welcome bonus after cancelling the card for 1 year? TIA
Old May 2, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by l380
Did anyone get another welcome bonus after cancelling the card for 1 year? TIA
Yes, I think it was a bit over 9 months for me.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by dtman85
Yes, I think it was a bit over 9 months for me.
Nice! Did you do it over the phone or just directly online? Do you still have access to your old AMEX online account when you apply?

I called AMEX but was told that I can only get one welcome bonus per card type in your lifetime....
Old May 2, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by l380
Nice! Did you do it over the phone or just directly online? Do you still have access to your old AMEX online account when you apply?

I called AMEX but was told that I can only get one welcome bonus per card type in your lifetime....
I couldn't add my new account number to my previous online account and I had to create a new one. I applied both times online.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Do the 5 points per dollar apply to Design hotels property as well? I'm referring to the Design hotels in the US associated with the Bonvoy program - not all are and many of the usual elite benefits don't apply.
Old May 4, 2019, 10:10 pm

I applied for the personal card a few days ago and got instant approval.

Thinking of getting the biz card as well.

Will I get 15 Elite Night Credits for each card?

I think I read somewhere that it's not stackable.

Also I think I got 15 elite night credits from a SPG card which I got last year and just cancelled early April.

Will I even get 15 nights on the new personal card?
Old May 5, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100k, UA Platinum, Delta Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Has anyone received the new branded card? I got the SPG one last month and was wondering when the new card will be sent out to us in Canada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.