Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So I just got bonvoyed.... AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Antarius
. recently I have been consistently getting an email folio the morning of departure.
This has been pretty consistent for me too. I usually have a copy in my inbox when I wake up.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:22 am

Lately (in the US), I almost always have the email copy before I wake up morning of checkout. And I haven't seen any discrepancies.

If I don't get the email before checkout, I'll always ask for a printout but otherwise meh.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
This has been pretty consistent for me too. I usually have a copy in my inbox when I wake up.
I usually get two emails. One every morning on checkout days, and a second when I actually check out.
Antarius and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JBord
Curious as to what you're seeing that's incorrect. I usually don't look at mine until I go to expense them, but don't look that closely if the total seems to be in the ballpark of what I expected. I would like to know what to start looking for.
Recent examples (within the four weeks) include: no $10 F&B credit (Oakland Marriott), charging for breakfast (W West Los Angeles), no round-trip discount for car service (SGS).

It's not systemic fraud, it's just laziness by the staff who prepare the bills.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Recent examples (within the four weeks) include: no $10 F&B credit (Oakland Marriott), charging for breakfast (W West Los Angeles), no round-trip discount for car service (SGS).

It's not systemic fraud, it's just laziness by the staff who prepare the bills.
Yeah, that's different than mis-charging a room rate or adding a few extra bucks for F&B onto your bill. Seems like it's more about not understanding (or as you said laziness) how some of the benefits should be handled.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by andrewstahl
I don’t understand the fascination with getting a hotel room upgrade for business travel.
Depends on the hotel and trip for me. 1-2 nights at boring urban location? I don't care either way. Tall hotel with views/balconies/corner rooms? Yes, please. Even if I'm dead tired and stumbling into the room, I appreciate being able to watch the world go by as I unwind.

For longer stays, especially if I'm working out of the hotel room, I prefer larger rooms or at least where the desk area is separate from the sleeping area. I know they're "budget" hotels, but I've become quite fond of the older SHS / RIs due to the layout.

I've also been known to politely turn down upgrades if it doesn't make a difference to me. I'll thank the front desk and say it's not necessary and I'd be happy with what I originally booked if it would make things easier for them. There's a hotel I stay at regularly which is often at 100% occupancy, as is the entire city. I've let them know I'm flexible and when occupancy is high I'll take anything, even rooms which were taken out of service (within reason). They take VERY good care of me. Lots of discounts, freebies, and great upgrades thrown my way.

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Lately (in the US), I almost always have the email copy before I wake up morning of checkout. And I haven't seen any discrepancies.
I was at 100% for getting the e-mails until last month. And conveniently, I've not been able to print a single folio from the website since this happened either.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by Sam Johnston
I'm glad I'm not alone in being bothered by the lack of LT titanium pathways (apparently short of buying a Marriott property!).

I think this is a bigger issue than people realise, because when us road warriors roll off the treadmill into leisure-only travel, we're going to be third in line behind ambassadors (who earn their keep every year) and LT titaniums (who may have got there from credit cards, meeting rooms, etc. while we've done the grind).

This is the main thing giving me pause about staying loyal right now (as a legacy SPG who's still coming to terms with the merger).

I'm HUGELY bothered bu the lack of a path for lifetime titanium, not bothered enough to leave the program today mind you, but when my number of years of plat finally reach 10, me and my ambassador are going to have to have a sit-down talk. And I have already been advised I might approve of the results
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Looks like for this Ambassador, Bonvoy has been pretty great to me...and even better than SPG, considering I’m more often pre-upgraded to suites by hotels that now know I am Ambassador status without needing my Ambassador to actually tell them and considering I have Ritz-Carlton and new Marriott brand options available that I didn’t before.

I have been wondering about this myself, because I have been getting upgrades to suites over a month out every once in a while, and thats with no SNA, just booking the cheapest pre-paid rate thats available. I thought maybe my ambassador was preemptively reaching out to properties based upon what she knows where I really appreciate my upgrades, but apparently thats not it...
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by stant
Hey, look at my history, Ive had plenty to complain about marriott in the past, but since the growing pains associated with integration, and being put off by my inability to earn LT titanium, I have had nothing but great experiences... Not just good, but above and beyond.
Call me uninformed but as I understand it. The Lifetime Titanium Elite level is a reward to members for sustained high levels of membership in the now combined Marriott and SPG programs. I’ve been involved with Marriott’s loyalty program almost since the beginning (SPG’s as well but with zero status). I’ve seen many changes both good and bad in Marriott’s loyalty program over the years and I’ve not been pleased with many (most). I think that setting an end point to reach Lifetime Titanium Elite level is a ‘tip of the hat’ to those of us with long term loyalty to both programs. And who knows with the next change / devaluation of the program Lifetime Titanium Elite may be opened up or another level above created.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Call me uninformed but as I understand it. The Lifetime Titanium Elite level is a reward to members for sustained high levels of membership in the now combined Marriott and SPG programs. I’ve been involved with Marriott’s loyalty program almost since the beginning (SPG’s as well but with zero status). I’ve seen many changes both good and bad in Marriott’s loyalty program over the years and I’ve not been pleased with many (most). I think that setting an end point to reach Lifetime Titanium Elite level is a ‘tip of the hat’ to those of us with long term loyalty to both programs. And who knows with the next change / devaluation of the program Lifetime Titanium Elite may be opened up or another level above created.
lifetime titanium was given to marriott legacy members because they needed to do more to get lifetime status. Then SPGers who had just as much business history with SPG complained that it wasnt fair that they had just as much loyalty but couldnt get the status, hence it was opened to everyone with various different ways to earn the status.

i see zero logic in having a status that can be earned - then having the plan to be doing away with it the very next year. Because that GUARANTEES that not too long down the road there will be customers that have done more business with bonvoy in their lifetime, but that are recognized at a lower level and can never obtain that higher level.

As far as me personally, I had been loyal to SPG for a dogs age, probably just as long as most lifetime plats, if not longer. My problem is that despite giving SPG essentially 100% of my business many years ago, for most of my history with the program that business was maybe 20 nights a year or so. Then a few years ago I jumped from 20 nights a year to 120 nights a year. So I COULD have made it as titanium last year on nights, I just didnt have enough years as >plat.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Got bonvoyed AGAIN.
I paid $230 a night for a standard room at the jw Marriott in San Antonio. Put in a suite night request, and it got denied. Upon check-in all I got was a 'grand river' suite. Sure the bathtub is big enough for a Roman orgy and there are two bathrooms, 2 fireplaces, a catering kitchen, formal dining room AND a library in the suite, but it's allllll the way at the end of the hall, like a 2 minute walk from the elevator! 3 minutes if you spent the day boozing it up by the pool.

This is an outrage. Is this how you treat your valued guests Marriot?!?!? And on top of that, they keep delivering nuts and salsa and cookies and bottles of wine as little surprises while I'm out of my room (two bottles so far and I checked in Friday morning)... but do I get surprised with pizza? Noooooooo.

C17PSGR, DJ_Iceman, Keyser and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
You should complain to the management and specifically asked for a Grand Elevator Suite
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:50 pm

I have been Bonvoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the new Marriott social media guru is on here see if you can cut me some slack- please.

I just got hit with a freaking $68 PLUS $9.52 tax for freaking parking at the Westin St Francis in San Fran. $77.52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tax on parking??????????????? I can understand a flat rate for parking but this is outrageous.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by toddreg
If the new Marriott social media guru is on here see if you can cut me some slack- please.

I just got hit with a freaking $68 PLUS $9.52 tax for freaking parking at the Westin St Francis in San Fran. $77.52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tax on parking??????????????? I can understand a flat rate for parking but this is outrageous.
According to the official website of the The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square:

Garage Parking
Garage Parking is available on-site, with in and out privileges. Rates: Overnight parking for $68.00, + tax, $75.00 + tax for oversized vehicles or SUV’s.

Yes, hotel parking rates in San Francisco are high, especially around Union Square.

The current topic name of this FlyerTalk thread is "I have been Bonvoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (although I assume it will be merged into another thread). I'm not sure how paying the published rate qualifies as having been wronged by Marriott or the Marriott Bonvoy program.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Calm down. You were charged the standard parking rate. What's the big deal with that. It is expensive, but posted outside the parking garage and on the website.
Tanic, boss315, wrp96 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.