Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin St. John Resort Villas, USVI [REOPENED, post-hurricane] [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin St. John Resort Villas, USVI [REOPENED, post-hurricane] [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by chix
After clicking through my booking email, I learned this is a Vistana Resort, thus some benefits do not apply. I am a bit peeved that it is buried, but still looking forward to my June booking on points:

https://www.vistana.com/destinations...transportation

Honestly, I can’t tell from the fine print if I am entitled to space available upgrades & free breakfast as a Titanium Elite... it is quite vague. I am NOT an owner. I say that as it states “ownership” reservations and again I am not an owner!

At minimum, I better get my 5 night Elite credit and breakfast would certainly be nice, upgrade would be a bonus if I am lucky.

I will go to the Bonvoyed app day upon arrival to check the room availability and decide if I want to push the upgrade “possibility”.
Unrealistic expectations.

This is an ownership villa resort. There is no free breakfast, there are no upgrades.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Anyone have a reservation affected by the order of the Governor that no visitors are welcome during COVID-19? We have reservations in a couple of weeks and am trying to delay as long as possible the cancellation process in hopes of more favorable terms for points (avoiding restricted status)
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:49 am

I booked a 2 bedroom villa for October through Vistana. The Villa Number is listed as "Floating - Assigned at Checkin". It has been about a decade since I've been on the island, does anyone know which units may be assigned for these 2Br? I am hoping to stay on the hillside rather than near the beach/pool.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:46 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Platinum, topbonus Gold
Hi! Tried to run a search for this before asking but didn't see any results. Can anyone please advise as to the pluses/minuses of a 2 bedroom villa vs 2 bedroom townhouse. Prices are essentially the same, and having an extra bathroom isn't necessary for me. Mostly interested in if anyone knows if either has a particularly better location, updated features, etc.

On the Marriott site it describes the first as "2 Bedroom Villa, Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 2 Double, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2, Resort view" and the second as "2 Bedroom Townhouse, 2 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 3, Resort view, Balcony"

Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to share!
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by COmitted
Hi! Tried to run a search for this before asking but didn't see any results. Can anyone please advise as to the pluses/minuses of a 2 bedroom villa vs 2 bedroom townhouse. Prices are essentially the same, and having an extra bathroom isn't necessary for me. Mostly interested in if anyone knows if either has a particularly better location, updated features, etc.

On the Marriott site it describes the first as "2 Bedroom Villa, Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 2 Double, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2, Resort view" and the second as "2 Bedroom Townhouse, 2 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 3, Resort view, Balcony"

Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to share!
I believe a 2 bedroom townhouse with two kings would put you in the Virgin Grand phase, located in the back of the resort: across a road and far from the main pool, beach, and restautants, but quieter and has its own small pools and parking in front of the villa! This is the oldest phase but the villas are updated quite regularly. Check out the floorplan here: https://www.vistana.com/destinations...sevirgin-grand

Those villas are located up on a hill so I think you'd have a better shot at a water view. See this map (look at the back for number 16 -> the 4 rectangular buildings): http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazona...resort-map.pdf

Not sure where exactly the two-bedroom standard villa books into - could be any of the resort phases (some much closer to the main pool/ocean, and some just as far back as the townhomes above). If you see "2 Bedroom Bi-level Loft" as an option, those will land you on the top floor of Bay Vista (number 15 in the map above).

Hope this helps a bit - let me know if I can answer anything other questions!
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What's the nightly resort fee here?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Was considering the Westin St. John but after looking at it, I wondered if the property might be leaving Bonvoy (is Vistana a partner or no?), undergoing renovation, or if closed to visitors as a result of new variant; dates are unavailable for checkin from February 1 on.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:01 pm

notmypetunia not sure what's going on but if I set my search parameters to a three night stay in 2022 I get very sporadic pockets of availability in March, June, July, and then it looks like things are wide open in August and beyond.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:52 pm

Resort needs major help

My wife and I are at the resort right now and the resort right now is a study in frustration.

The resort is full this week, maybe for the first time in a while, and the problems are there for all to see.

My wife is a Marriott Platinum elite and we booked a 3 bedroom villa with an ocean view.

First we arrived for our 4 pm check-in, the room wasn't ready. We were repeatedly told we'd get the villain 10 minutes. We actually finally got in at 5:30pm. (we asked for a late checkout and were told that wasn't available, no doubt because someone else wants to check in at 4:00pm)

Then the villa that we were using a whole lot of points for, turned to have a little view from the living room, but none from any of the three bedrooms.

Then the resort, which has yet to resume food service had bad to awful option for lunch, snacks and dinner. (though better ones for breakfast.)

While a deli has sandwiches, the only open restaurant has a very limited menu and drinks. Salads yes, but few entrees of any substance and less than mediocre at that.

Among the other oddities: while drinks are served pool side, no desserts or ice cram and few snacks are available at the pool all day. (chicken wings are available)

Also not much in sandwiches besides burgers, unless you journey to the deli next to the registration desk, but nowhere near the pool. Snack means no nuts, no olives etc.

At the pool there are regular announcements to the "kings and queens." (apparent the 2969s still live here, he said princely.)

Then while the deli has decent sandwiches, it also has an odd food mix. You can buy a quart of ice cream to take to the room, but no ice cream cones, bars or any of the normal things kids and their parents expect in the warm climate.

This resort is so out of kilter, I have to think it was reopened on the quick after covid.or awaiting marriot's formal takeover of the soon to be former Vista a properties, but the resort needs a serious revamp.

The resort is pretty, but it way short of 4* standards
svo242 and imnotalawyer like this.

Last edited by MrAOK; Mar 23, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.