Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What is the usual cost for an ice cream bar from the "market"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the usual cost for an ice cream bar from the "market"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I got unlimited free branded Magnums, Cornettos and Movenpick ice creams from the fridges at the end of the lane at the W Samui last weekend.

Mind, it was about $750 a night so I guess it was being paid for somehow.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
There's usually a price list posted somewhere around the market area, not always easy to spot though. But yeah, items aren't individually labeled, which is annoying.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
It couldn't be higher than $10 that i paid at the hilton dubai creek for a bounty chocolate bar which costs no more than 1$!!!!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It doesn't apply to frozen ice cream bars, but in general I would expect market items (self service and you come down to the lobby to get the stuff) to be considerably cheaper than the same thing from an in-room minibar, where some hotels are also starting to add their standard room service tip to minibar charges.
I virtually never use the minibar, so I had no idea but, wow.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:19 am

I guess I'm cheap but when I am in a hotel for a few days, the first thing I do is find the nearest grocery store, target, CVS, etc., and make a run to load up on the stuff I'd hate to pay 3-5x for at the hotel. This weekend I avoided the $4.50 Diet Cokes and just went to the Publix across the street where I got a twelve pack for $2.99. Gave the leftovers to the cleaning woman.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by DCAFly
I guess I'm cheap but when I am in a hotel for a few days, the first thing I do is find the nearest grocery store, target, CVS, etc., and make a run to load up on the stuff I'd hate to pay 3-5x for at the hotel. This weekend I avoided the $4.50 Diet Cokes and just went to the Publix across the street where I got a twelve pack for $2.99. Gave the leftovers to the cleaning woman.
I do this too, if it's convenient. I got a pint of Haagen Dazs at the airport Marriott pantry in St. Louis, it was $8, which was a lot, but more ice cream than an individual bar!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
I can tell you the cost of Dippin' Dots in Scottsdale. Poolside at the Sheraton Desert Oasis is $5. Poolside at Westin Keirland is $6. On spring break (points stay) our entire folio was 70% Dippin' Dots
ABG likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by azeckel
I can tell you the cost of Dippin' Dots in Scottsdale. Poolside at the Sheraton Desert Oasis is $5. Poolside at Westin Keirland is $6. On spring break (points stay) our entire folio was 70% Dippin' Dots
That is too funny. We took the grandkids to the Pointe at Squaw Peak and our bill sounds similar - maybe 60% Dippin Dots, 40% nachos. But who can say no to the Grands?

I do have some poetic justice about my situation...we did not see the valet parking on our bill, so brought it to their attention. They said "yeah, we're having a problem billing our valet parking. It might show up, it might not." Bill cleared, no valet parking. Plus, this Courtyard gave you bottled water and had free coffee in the lobby - we usually avoid CY's because of the lack of extras but I think they more than made up for their $6 ice cream bars (in the fancy black wrapper).
wrp96 and bubbelbine like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Next day I checked out and literally fell off my chair. That puny bag of mixed nuts was $11. Never in my life I have seen something like this charged even in minibar/in room and mind you this is a generic Element in a small suburb of Baltimore
That's nuts.
ryw likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by daloosh
I do this too, if it's convenient. I got a pint of Haagen Dazs at the airport Marriott pantry in St. Louis, it was $8, which was a lot, but more ice cream than an individual bar!
Well, Haagen Dazs is another fox hunt altogether. I mean, the demand for Haagen Dazs is pretty much inelastic, right? (Completely inelastic for the peanut butter salted fudge). What right-minded person wouldn't pay any price for that?
daloosh likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Well, Haagen Dazs is another fox hunt altogether. I mean, the demand for Haagen Dazs is pretty much inelastic, right? (Completely inelastic for the peanut butter salted fudge). What right-minded person wouldn't pay any price for that?
It's funny, when HD first appeared, it was the be all and end all. I had to convince my daughter that an upstart newcomer was better, so we did a blind taste test at home.

Ben & Jerry's won by a landslide.

But you know what we have rediscovered recently? That was usurped by both of these years ago?

Baskin Robbins...we recently bought some Jamocha Almond Fudge and Pralines and Cream and they were both really, really good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.