Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Desert Willow Villas (time share), Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

Master thread?

It says it's Opening February 12, 2010.

Looks like mostly a time-share property as deep in the announcements it mentions "limited participation" in SPG but thought we should have a thread here to discuss in case there are any SPG bennies and rooms are sold per night.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:49 pm

Any word ?

Me and the wife looking to take a Phoenix ; Tucson; Yuma ; Palm Springs golf drive........Interested in the Westin Desert Willows but not much word on it. If anybody has anything please post.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know they are not taking reservations until 2/12 but no where on the site does it say what category hotel it is or if I can use all points or points/cash. Anyone know anything about this place or how I can find out? Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got an email invitation to try this hotel out for 3 nights for a total of $349. And they give 7000 Starpoints bonus OR an Amex $75 gift card. Sound too good to be true? I am sure you will have to listen to a time-share pitch.

Due to open March 15th.

Details of Participation:

This special invitation is offered by Westin Vacations.

Eligibility - Only the person(s) whose name appears on the front of this email invitation may redeem this offer. Offer is not transferable. Your name will be verified with our guest roster. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Groups (two or more affiliated couples traveling together), previous participants in a Westin or Sheraton Vacation Services getaway within the past year, all employees and their immediate family members of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, inc., its affiliated entities, and Owners at any Starwood Vacation Ownership resort are not eligible for this offer. One offer per family.

Offer - Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert is scheduled to open March 15, 2010, no accommodations will be available prior to this date. Travel must be completed within 12 months of package purchase date. All currency mentions are US Dollars.

Offer - Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert is scheduled to open March 15, 2010, no accommodations will be available prior to this date. You must visit within 12 months of package purchase date. All currency mentions are US Dollars. Cancellations must be made in writing within fifteen days of the package purchase date or package purchase price is not refundable. A refund will be issued within fifteen days of the receipt of notice of cancellation. Cancellation notices must be sent to Westin Cancellations, 74000 Country Club Drive - D - Palm Desert, CA 92260.

Cancellations must be made in writing within fifteen days of the package purchase date or package purchase price is not refundable. A refund will be issued within fifteen days of the receipt of notice of cancellation. Cancellation notices must be sent to Westin Cancellations, 74000 Country Club Drive � D � Palm Desert, CA 92260. Offer is void where prohibited.

Starpoints - If selected, allow 4�6 weeks for posting of Starpoints. Redemption of Starpoints is subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest� program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice. Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions can be viewed on our website at SPG.com. Approximate retail value is $245.00

Gift Card(s) - If selected, must be picked up by the guest the day of arrival at the concierge desk. Retail value of gift card(s) is face value. Gift card(s) is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable.

Room Reservations � Room reservations must be made at least 60 days in advance and are on a space-available basis. Holiday and special event periods are excluded. Do not purchase airfare until your arrival dates are confirmed. Accommodations are for a maximum of two adults and two children under the age of 18 at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert. Accommodations are a one bedroom villa with queen size bed and full size sleeper sofa. After scheduling room reservations, a confirmed, written reservation will be sent and must be presented at check-in. Stay must be continuous nights. Once reservations are made, any change or revisions are subject to a $50 nonrefundable fee. This offer must be used prior to the expiration date. Purchase price must be paid using a major credit card. A credit card is also required at check-in. Reschedule requests within 30 days of arrival will forfeit package and package price. If you elect to park a vehicle(s) on site during your stay, you will be charged $7.00 per day, per vehicle upon check out. You may also incur other incidental fees that are not included in your package cost, such as telephone charges, roll-away bed fees, transportation, meals, tickets, taxes, tips, housekeeping and other charges of a personal nature if you request these services. Retail value is based on high-season rates.

Starwood Vacation Services, Inc., is registered with the state of Florida as a Seller of Travel. Registration #ST35697
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
got the same email....
trying to figure out if it would be worth sitting through the sales pitch....

any thoughts?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: *wood gold, aeroplan
It is a time share property. We stayed at the Westin Mission Hills under one of the timeshare promo offers. They were trying to sell us a time share for the Desert Willow Villas. Sales pitch was supposed to be 1 hour - took 3 hours. It was worth it my opinion just for the cheap trip.

We drove by it and it was under construction at that time, only a few buildings were finished. It's is across from the JW Marriott resort in Palm Desert. Good location, and likely a whole lot nicer.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:40 am

Has anyone heard any news regarding the opening date of the property? I was thinking of staying here at Easter but the whole of March and April till the 10th at least is showing no availability.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I just booked a night here in Feb. This specific property wasn't referenced in the T&Cs, but according to the PC, no upgrades or other Plat benefits, but SPG stay credits do apply. My travel plans are kind of up in the air so I may not go through with the stay, but if I do, I'll be sure to report back.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
This new SVO property offers Cat4 SPG awards. From the hotel's webpage:

Although this is a villa property, with fully equipped units, a unique exception has been made to allow this location to participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Due to the nature of this exceptional villa, this location is unable to offer upgrades, late check-out, or daily newspaper. This location will credit Starpoints on all eligible dollars spent and will allow free night award stays but with the following restrictions:

* May only book within 365 days of arrival
* Inventory may be limited
* Starpoints acquired through conversion of a vacation ownership interest may not be redeemed at a Starwood Vacation Ownership property.
Award rooms are for a 600sqft 1-BR Villa with Queen bed, Queen sofabed, kitchenette, washer/dryer, free internet. There is a charge for parking.

Compared to tonight's price of $296+tax, a Cat4 award would be pretty appealing. In May and June, I see rates at least as low as $127+tax.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
1. You can be sure that as the project sells, it will no longer participate and points won't be an option. In this economy, that could take awhile! Right now, they are happy to have the traffic and have more people they can entice to sit thru a presentation.

2. If there is a requirement to sit thru a sales pitch, you should always find out in advance what the time commitment is. If they say 90 minutes and you're sure you are not interested, you merely tell them at the 70 minute mark that you need to leave in 20 minutes.

3. The easiest way out is to tell them that the project is lovely but that you will probably decide to purchase a resale at Westin Mission Hills. Those are going for $3-5,000 due to the economy!

We own at Mission Hills and Kierland and I love both, but the timeshare industry is having big problems right now with people losing their primary homes.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by stevens397
2. If there is a requirement to sit thru a sales pitch, you should always find out in advance what the time commitment is. If they say 90 minutes and you're sure you are not interested, you merely tell them at the 70 minute mark that you need to leave in 20 minutes.
Based on past experience with other nightly SVO villa rentals booked directly through spg.com, there should not be any requirement to sit through a sales presentation for these reservations. If there is such a requirement, it should be stated up front during the reservations process. Nearly everyone is probably invited to attend one upon check-in.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by sc flier
Based on past experience with other nightly SVO villa rentals booked directly through spg.com, there should not be any requirement to sit through a sales presentation for these reservations. If there is such a requirement, it should be stated up front during the reservations process. Nearly everyone is probably invited to attend one upon check-in.
I agree
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Bump.....Is there still no one that has stayed at this place and can report back?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by christianj
Bump.....Is there still no one that has stayed at this place and can report back?
There is some discussion and reporting back going on for this resort at the timeshare Users Group, here is the link:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=Willow
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Thanks sjuhawk_jd! Lots of discussion on the water slide in that forum but the pics are great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.