Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bonvoy info card with keys

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Marriott15
So unless you check in on the mobile app they won't fill that out? I always ask for a upgrade in person and most the time I am granted it since I am ambassador so seems like it wouldn't be worth it to me.
Upgrades and Mobile check in have always worked out OK for me (also Ambassador status).

I tend to be more stringent about mobile check in when I want an early arrival. It is a method to let the hotel know I am arriving early and they are typically able to snag a room as soon as available. It also sends me a notification letting me know the room is ready.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Marriott15
So unless you check in on the mobile app they won't fill that out? I always ask for a upgrade in person and most the time I am granted it since I am ambassador so seems like it wouldn't be worth it to me.
I think the form is for mobile app only. It's supposed to be a quick cheat sheet for the FDC to help speed up check in for those who used the mobile app for check-in.. I don't use the mobile app, normally have a note in my reservation about request for upgrade & usually confirm the request at check-in (mostly w/ success; occasionally not), so the little piece of paper doesn't really matter to me. Presumably most of the info they can see on their screens.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There is an astonishing irony if it's right that the new system is that if people check-in online the property will fill out a sheet of paper about you to provide information to the front of house agents.
margarita girl and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by damon88
It took seeing it visually to get the secret meaning behind the new Elite designations:

P (i) T A

😉
I can think of words for Silver and Gold too, but I can't say them here.

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Room Type "U" (uncircled in this instance) = (Not) Upgraded ?
Ordinary room with 2 queen beds wouldn't normally be an upgrade.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Some hotels seem to be struggling with adapting to new processes. I am sure they will get the hang of it over time.

Before my arrival at the Sheraton CDG last week I got a friendly pre-arrival email telling me to cut the queue at the check-in desk by going straight to the concierge desk where my card could be waiting for me. So I go to the concierge desk and the concierge firstly very patiently explains to me that he is the concierge and that if I want to check-in I should go to the check-in desk. I love being treated like an idiot by Parisians. Having been in Paris for some time I’m able to patiently explain back that someone in his own hotel last night has told me specifically to come to him instead. He manages to find the key (which is in a large pile of 20+ right on his desk), gets me to sign the usual A4 check-in form but then insists that I take said form myself. I suggest that he may have again misunderstood his hotel’s check-in process and so he goes to find someone who confirms that guests do not keep the check-in documentation themselves.

No real harm done, but perhaps not the show of efficiency and competence that the hotel was aiming for.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Upgrades and Mobile check in have always worked out OK for me (also Ambassador status).

I tend to be more stringent about mobile check in when I want an early arrival. It is a method to let the hotel know I am arriving early and they are typically able to snag a room as soon as available. It also sends me a notification letting me know the room is ready.

Never used the App but when you get the upgrade is it ever to the highest possible upgrade available? Say you have a regular King room and the hotel has the rooms below..... Have you ever been upgraded to the Presidential Suite through the mobile app? Or do they normally just upgrade you to the Corner room?

1 King Room
1 King Corner Room
1 King Mini Suite
1 King Suite
Presidential Suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.