Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Torneo Hotel Seville, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.

Just completed a stay here last week, it's in a bit of a less than desirable part of town, but there is plentiful free street parking which was a surprising plus since I was driving. The hotel itself is at best OK, the rooms quite small, the bed quite hard, but over all clean and with the simple AC design aesthetic. I didn't know about the no breakfast policy of AC something I find annoying. The last of consistency with Marriott's offerings is bewildering, and impossible to keep track of. I'd stay at this hotel again though, as the $10 gift does nearly cover breakfast.

The issue I had though, was the staff were very unfriendly. The breakfast person was downright inhospitable in every way, no smile, no even brief attempt as being welcoming or friendly to any guest. On top of that, upon checkout, there was no "how was your stay" question, even if they didn't care it's nice to have the opportunity to say, "well...". It was just a simple, punch of the keyboard...and "you owe us 4 Euro". Overall it's a place to sleep, but I'm sure you could find similar or better with a better location for the same or less money.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Yup, AC's are $10 USD / 8 Euros or points, I stayed here for a couple nights in November, same sort of experience.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
At least since the merger, we get points on incidentals at all brands!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
At least since the merger, we get points on incidentals at all brands!
Even though your post has nothing to do w/ the property & trip reports, not getting points on incidentals at all brands was one of my pet peeves w/ MAR. The AC is a far cry from an RC, but it never made sense to me not to give points for incidental spend, especially at a RC (or any brand that you could spend $$ on incidentals).

Back to the property - if I stay here I'll temper my expectations to low.

Cheers.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had intended the comment as a follow-up to the previous comment that the voucher didn't cover breakfast completely.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Ah, got it. Am still glad that incidental spend earns points now. Will still keep my expectations relatively low if staying at this property.

Cheers.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:51 pm

I had a night reserved next week at AC Torneo, using points. Two days ago I received an email with a new confirmation for the AC Forum for the same night, with points deducted for that reservation as well. Called Marriott, representative said the reservation had been made by the AC Forum, but didn't know why, and agreed that no one (other than me) should be dipping into my Bonvoy account to make reservations. She said that both reservations were active, and gave me a case number and said she would contact the Torneo manager.

Yesterday I received this email, though account still shows active reservations for both hotels. Not handled well, but at least the mystery is solved, I suppose. It's like being walked at my own expense. April 7th, 2022

Dear Princeville,

Our records indicate that you have a future stay at the AC Hotel by Marriott Sevilla Torneo.

Effective April 11th the hotel will no longer be associated with Marriott International. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your reservations will be relocated to our sister hotel, AC Hotel Sevilla Fórum.

ACTION REQUIRED:

· In order to confirm and guarantee your new relocated booking please contact

the front desk to provide your credit card details at phone number: +34 954 260 690 within 72 hours from today.

· If your reservations are not guaranteed by April 9th, 2022, availability could not be guaranteed.

Should you need assistance or wish to connect with a member of our Customer Care team, our email address is [email protected].

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Sincerely,

Marriott Customer Care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.