Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Do you fill out a Survey? Something I learned...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you fill out a Survey? Something I learned...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:35 pm

PSPandBA When in doubt, there's always TripAdvisor...and TripAdvisor has a much wider audience than Marriott.com
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
About 10 years ago, my mom worked for a hotel management company. They booked my sister and I a stay over the holidays at a brand new hotel. It was a disaster all the way around. When I got the survey, I filled it out completely and honestly because I thought the GM & company would want to fix their flaws. Turns out, the GM’s bonus is, in part, based on these surveys. My mom was called in and dressed down because the GMs bonus was at risk because of the survey responses.

I would expect that is why the positive rewards for positive reviews and why negative ones go without response.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
good+bad=average?

My beef with these surveys is that one category is "front desk." Many times I've had a good experience checking in and a bad one checking out (different staff). Rating the front desk average isn't helpful and doesn't do anyone justice.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I'm in the middle of a 51-night road trip that includes over a dozen properties. Currently two surveys out of 5 hotels. That's a little higher than average, which for me is about one out of every 6 stays. I fill them out every time - good or bad. If there is criticism I try to make it constructive, rather than just whining. My only complaint is that they are often edited before making it to the website, unlike Tripadvisor and others, and sometimes the good comments are removed!
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:35 pm

I haven't received a single survey post the merger of my accounts happened
Old Apr 13, 2020, 5:00 pm

If I have something to say about a hotel - whether good (exemplary service, kindness) or bad (you name it) I will just get the manager’s email address upon checking out and send an email. Don’t need to be sent a survey (my experience in receiving these too has been inconsistent) to give my feedback.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
This thread has been informative as I have not received a survey from Marriott post SPG merger. I believe there is another hotel chain (perhaps Hilton) whereby, the survey completed with the hotel is automatically added to TripAdvisor. I'm disheartened to learn from these reviews that Marriott isn't allowing true reviews of their hotels, which is quite misleading.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:53 pm

Reviving this thread...
So it's 2023. Are you getting surveys? If so, how often?

I've only received 1 so far this year, which I left a slightly-better-than-lukewarm review on. Haven't received any since, which is sad as the next property I stayed at was one of the best ever because of a well-trained staff.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I’ve only received 1 out of 6 stays this year, and it wasn’t one that I really wanted to review. (It was a pretty standard stay at a typical SHS so I didn’t have much feedback, versus other stays at full service properties where I either had great or mediocre experiences.)

Personally, though, I’ve definitely been paying attention to the overall star ratings when browsing properties… it definitely seems like places under 4 stars are prime candidates to be dumps and then I’ll read the reviews to see what’s going on.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
Reviving this thread...
So it's 2023. Are you getting surveys? If so, how often?

I've only received 1 so far this year, which I left a slightly-better-than-lukewarm review on. Haven't received any since, which is sad as the next property I stayed at was one of the best ever because of a well-trained staff.
I've received them for each of my last 3 stays. Two of the last three I have had issues with the quality/cleanliness of my room. I put that in the survey internal notes, but not publicly. Both times, I received calls from management apologizing and looking to remedy the situation with points. Both were over the moon that I left a great review while leaving out the negatives. I'll never understand keyboard warriors so quick to thrash an establishment, thinking it's going to "get them." So much easier being nice
Old Mar 14, 2023, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Personally, though, I’ve definitely been paying attention to the overall star ratings when browsing properties… it definitely seems like places under 4 stars are prime candidates to be dumps and then I’ll read the reviews to see what’s going on.
Similar thoughts from me as well since the lockdowns. Before a 3* would be reasonable, but with things having gone downhill as much as they have, 4* is the lowest I'm willing to go now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.