Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:59 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
My big question for the lurkers is whether this promotion is meant to be open to everyone. Thanks!
It's a global offer, so yes.
EuropeanPete and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Thanks. You’d probably agree that the terms could be clearer though!
All I can say is the last global offer that had a minimum length of stay had this phrase in it: "...earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands..."

No such phrase exists in this latest global offer.
ryw likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:07 pm

Sorry for me registration not works, login / logout don't help. Greetings to IT team
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:23 pm

Our apologies for any inconvenience, but anyone encountering an issue while attempting to register online can call the nearest customer engagement center for assistance.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

I thought some cards gave 15 nights? An agent on the phone told me this while trying to encourage me to get one, without realising we can’t apply in my country! The points transfer rate through Amex is terrible! Yes you pay an annual fee but that’s what most people with credit cards do (some get them waived) but that’s not for these extra things. You already have the ability to earn Marriott points at a good rate and qualify for Platinum much more easily. I bet those with credit cards from non-US locations aren’t happy as they’re not getting the 500 points so it wouldn’t have benefitted me even if I had one. The programme is too US-centric - even the promo page is mostly US promotions with very few international ones.

Marriott is far too US centric - I feel like we non-US based people are an afterthought to the loyalty program.

Only good thing about that is fewer elites overseas so get treated real well.

My app still had US call in # for CS. I mean really!
Zinzan likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nikespex
I have the same question. Checking out on Mar 19 and wondering if that will count as my first stay.
Lurker responded that checkout on 19th would * not * qualify.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by Gigantor
On my "Promotion" page, there is no new promotion.
The promotion does not exist for me.
+1 very frustrating.

almost as frustrating on how long it take to post a stay and way less frustrating that all folio's are not downloadable

and the automated assistant says that i am not eligible for any promotions as this time, but the representative took care of it.

Last edited by envgeo; Mar 6, 2019 at 8:00 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by weld3z
Its 5 not 15 !
Check the link for more info ..
Ihttps://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/personal-banking/cards/credit-cards/spg-card/
CC nights are 15!
SPG AMEX used to be 5 nights and 2 stays.
Marriott Visa used to be 15 nights
Now all cards, Marriott Bonvoy AMEX and Visa are 15 nights.
My 15 nights for the old SPG AMEX has posted for 2019.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:46 pm

Double Take: Earn double points - Can this work?

I just checked in one of the Marriott hotels for 28 days. Can I book one night at a random marriott hotel after March 19th so my current stay will count as 2nd stay instead of first?
Let`s say on March 21st I book a night at courtyard and stay there for one night. It takes few day for the stay to post, so on 24th or 25th It will already showing on my account.
On April 4th, I will check out from my current stay. So does this one count as 1st or 2nd stay now? If it count as 2nd stay, I am going to earn tons of points.
I am seriously consider it now because I can find a sub $70 rate at a random marriott around my current hotel
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey
I just checked in one of the Marriott hotels for 28 days. Can I book one night at a random marriott hotel after March 19th so my current stay will count as 2nd stay instead of first?
Let`s say on March 21st I book a night at courtyard and stay there for one night. It takes few day for the stay to post, so on 24th or 25th It will already showing on my account.
On April 4th, I will check out from my current stay. So does this one count as 1st or 2nd stay now? If it count as 2nd stay, I am going to earn tons of points.
I am seriously consider it now because I can find a sub $70 rate at a random marriott around my current hotel
won't work....you will have to check out of your 28 night stay for a day after the 19th & check back in after completing a stay somewhere else....even then you won't get any bonus points from now till the 19th....
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey
Both concurrent stays will nullify each other. However, you could give it a try. As the longer stay will post much later, the system will identify it as the second stay and will double the points. However, in the rare event your account does get audited, Marriott will take away the points for both stays.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I got the weird error message but after refreshing it shows the counter now so I presume I’m all set. However, the promotion doesn’t show at all in the app and in the SPG days I’d get an email immediately after registering but this time I didn’t. Is this a Marriott thing?

These things should be straightforward and smooth but Marriott seems to always leave doubt and confusion in customers’ minds, both in the T&Cs and registration process. Am I registered or aren’t I?! Should I screenshot it?!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
got the following error message:

Unfortunately, we cannot register you for this promotion, but if you call our Guest Services number, we would be happy to answer any question you have. Call 800-450-4442 In the United States and Canada, or one of our worldwide numbers.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Our apologies for any inconvenience, but anyone encountering an issue while attempting to register online can call the nearest customer engagement center for assistance.
Even after registering with an agent, I get an error message when trying to access the promo. Of course, my account still shows no promos for me!

That 2 year old IT system that Bonbon bought is a piece of excrement.
HHQX888 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Even after registering with an agent, I get an error message when trying to access the promo. Of course, my account still shows no promos for me!

That 2 year old IT system that Bonbon bought is a piece of excrement.
Tried to register, error message popped up. But my promotion counter appears on the browser page..
Checked the app, it doesn't show the promotion counter registered..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.