Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Exclusion for stays booked by corporate travel agencies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

David
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:05 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
FWIW my current company uses Concur and I see many hotels Marriott superchain as well as the competitors like Hyatt and Hilton as choices. In my case as I get the full points whether I book thru concur or directly thru Bonvoy / Marriott. Funny sometimes corporate rate depending on the week or day is cheaper and sometimes more expensive. I always check both ways and book the cheapests. What is most annoying loyalty perks like free parking isn't including in what is a more expensive corporate rate, but if I book independent my status gets me some free things like parking.

As another mentioned maybe you have a special discount rate that limits points. I'd think you should at check-in make sure your membership is entered. I can't recall when, but once remembered I had too good a rate for some promo that excluded points ( but that was thru 3rd part booking ).
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jayer
As a suggestion, and I'll start with a disclaimer I don't entirely understand the facts of your situation. Since your first inquiry went nowhere, rather than informally communicating, move on and file a formal missing stay credit request. Perhaps that would result in either credit or a clear reason why it is being denied.

The old rule of thumb was if your travel agent just made a reservation in your name and you paid the hotel with a card in your own name at time of stay, it was a published rate and you received credit. But if you paid the travel agent you would not. But things have become much more nuanced. If the travel agent contracted in bulk and passed on a reduced price even though you paid the hotel; then maybe not.
Great idea! Thanks i honestly didnt think of that.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks. had i done a quick search i could have saved everyone some time
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Any idea how i would know if "my concur" is using a third party?
Are there different rates with in Concur with an option that says TripSource? That was my issue, the TripSource designated rates (which were always the same rate as non) show up as 3rd party.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The lack of transparency on when a rate will qualify and when it will not is becoming problematic. Programs risk alienating bread and butter business travelers when they start excluding rates booked by corporate travel (or, as per another thread, not treating FHR rates consistently).
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If I book through Hotels.com, I know I won't get Bonvoy status privileges or points. However, if my Bonvoy number is associated with the booking, will the booking show on my statement?

The reason for asking is that I need a stay to show as part of a status match to another hotels program.

Thanks
A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.