Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
A bottle of Dom is a good idea

Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by weld3z
1-Free minibar
2-free parking specially in Eroupe
3-No non refundable rates

Any more ?
This is one of the issues with elite benifits, a few people come along with unrealstic expectations and because of those it actually deters programs from offering more as they know for some it will never be enough! I don't feel any of your suggestions are remotely realistic. Maybe no resort fees would be a possible one to list, especially on points bookings and RC properties to be included in the lounge access / breakfast. All this has been covered many times however and I am as I reply to this thread wondering its point!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:50 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Other programs offer some of these benefits
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:07 am

Here are a couple ideas that I think could work that are not that huge of a issue.

1. Instead of 75% Bonus 100% Bonus
2. Another Annual Choice Benefit.
3. Guaranteed breakfast for two in restaurant even if the hotel has a lounge. I would like to include resort properties but that may be pushing it
4. 1 Million points if you can prove a IT issue affected your account or stay!

Parking is a tricky one with me....especially since a lot of the hotels pay another company to do it. So i'm going to lean toward no on that.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
I thnk the benefit is what it says on the wrapper, an Ambassador
JBord likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Other programs offer some of these benefits
Go on then - which ones?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Overall, I tend to agree that the benefit differences between Titanium and Ambassador are pretty negligible.
I was kind of shocked to learn that the 1 stated benefit, Your 24, is actually not guaranteed, and up to the whims of individual hotels.
Would not look to add unrealistic benefits, but making Your 24 a guarantee seems like a no-brainer.

This is my first year with Ambassador, and I am starting to get to know my Ambassador and develop that relationship. It is nice having an escalation point for and single point of contact for more complicated issues (converting Travel Packages, etc), but not sure that is really worth the $20K spend required.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Overall, I tend to agree that the benefit differences between Titanium and Ambassador are pretty negligible.
I was kind of shocked to learn that the 1 stated benefit, Your 24, is actually not guaranteed, and up to the whims of individual hotels.
Would not look to add unrealistic benefits, but making Your 24 a guarantee seems like a no-brainer.

This is my first year with Ambassador, and I am starting to get to know my Ambassador and develop that relationship. It is nice having an escalation point for and single point of contact for more complicated issues (converting Travel Packages, etc), but not sure that is really worth the $20K spend required.
I guess like most things that have requirements it depends how difficult you find hitting 20k. Personally I find my Ambassador as the only reason I am with Marriott as they sort out all the IT messes that Marriott create for me. The 20k spend to me is not an issue and actually would be happy if it increased to allow an even more focus on the higher spenders / elites.

But as I say everything is relative to the individual. Free parking for instance has no appeal to me as never drive to a hotel and as such don't want to see any allowance in the scheme spent on this type of thing that only some would gain from.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: A Few
Minibar or Laundry credit would be useful - similar to what I used to enjoy as an IC Royal Ambassador.
Also, an additional Annual Choice benefit makes sense, similar to Hyatt's model (afterall, when doing 150-200 nights per year, 10 SNAs don't go far...).
Agree that 100% point bonus would be of low incremental cost too.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: MR rewards
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/12/12/ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-royal-ambassador-ambassador-program-changes-coming-in-2019/

​​​​​​Check the benefits in this link
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Here are a couple ideas that I think could work that are not that huge of a issue.

1. Instead of 75% Bonus 100% Bonus
2. Another Annual Choice Benefit.
3. Guaranteed breakfast for two in restaurant even if the hotel has a lounge. I would like to include resort properties but that may be pushing it
4. 1 Million points if you can prove a IT issue affected your account or stay!

Parking is a tricky one with me....especially since a lot of the hotels pay another company to do it. So i'm going to lean toward no on that.
In Dubai parking free if you just have a lunch or dinner in restaurant, one time in Zurich they upgraded me to suite was alone no need for the upgrade ask if they can give me the parking for free instead of the upgrade they accept save me more than $80
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

Go on then - which ones?
My cousin with IHG got free mini bar and gurantee upgrade to one category every time any where in the world !
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weld3z
My cousin with IHG got free mini bar and gurantee upgrade to one category every time any where in the world !
Are you sure? Perhaps it applies to paid elite tier with certain brands like Intercontinental. Do most Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express even have mini bars?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I guess like most things that have requirements it depends how difficult you find hitting 20k. Personally I find my Ambassador as the only reason I am with Marriott as they sort out all the IT messes that Marriott create for me. The 20k spend to me is not an issue and actually would be happy if it increased to allow an even more focus on the higher spenders / elites..
Those two points I agree with! I only like mine because they fix all the issues with my large number of high cost stays.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:08 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Sadly with merger everything seems to be less valuable and cost more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.