FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1954506-what-reasonable-benefit-s-would-you-suggest-bonvoy-ambassador-level-members.html)

myperks Feb 3, 2019 6:46 pm

What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members?

With the thread on suggestions for the new Marriott Bonvoy Titanium benefits, I thought it would actually good to start one for the new Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador benefits (unless there is one already then please merge). This is because the Ambassador level actually does warrant some additional benefits being that it is revenue-based and not exactly achievable on only 100 nights for regular travelers on sub-$200/night locations. Getting Ambassador status actually takes some loyalty and monetary investment.

Some reasonable benefits are:
* No resort/destination/location fee nonsense for all revenue and award stays
* Breakfast at all locations with no excluded properties
* Vouchers for free (alcoholic) drinks when there is no lounge
* Suite night upgrades confirmable at the time of reservation up to 4 times a year, up to 7 nights each time (similar to Hyatt)
* Supplemental rewards for making 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 nights in a year (additional suite certificates or points or stay certificates)
* Confirmed Your24 if reserved at least 5 days in advance (and late checkout will not apply)
* Actual Ambassador check-in line at all full-service properties whether there is a dedicated line or have flag down a concierge person and say you are an Ambassador member without looking like you are "cutting the queue."

Some unreasonable benefits are:
* Complimentary parking at all locations (definitely not happening in cities like NYC, SF, London, etc.)
* Waiving cancellation fees on prepaid reservations
* Ritz Carlton lounge benefits (because that horse has been beaten to death)
* Free day care for your kids (yes, i've seen someone actually drop their kids off at the lounge and said will be back in 15 minutes)
* Benefits for everyone in your family and then some when you book all their rooms
* Complimentary airport transfers

I'm sure we all will come up with some more REASONABLE benefits and lots of UNREASONABLE benefits. Let it rip.

Marriott15 Feb 3, 2019 11:07 pm

To me one of the biggest ones would be the complimentary parking at all locations. Most of the time I don't stay at a hotel that I have to pay for parking if I am on vacation.

Keyser Feb 4, 2019 1:24 am

i would be extremely happy with your24 working properly....there is no transparency anymore & properties just make the same high occupancy excuse to get out of offering this benefit....

the others i would love to see are:

no resort/destination fee....
free breakfast....
complimentary airport transfers up to a certain distance (10 km for example)....

khabah Feb 4, 2019 1:49 am

I want to see Your24 back on the app and website as they were under SPG. I loved having it as something I could choose on my own reservations and control myself rather than having to communicate with my Ambassador who in turn has to communicate with the hotels; so many time-consuming extra steps that can easily be made simpler with one IT upgrade.

khabah

kaizen7 Feb 4, 2019 2:03 am

RC lounge access! :D

EuropeanPete Feb 4, 2019 2:27 am

Classic FT: The programme isn't even launched yet and we're already discussing how to change it. I'd really like to see mechanisms put in place to ensure the benefits are available (and to offer compensation when they are not) and for the Ambassadors to implement some standards and norms so that it's not such a game of pot luck.

But yes, I'd also like to see You24 reintroduced as an online system. Nobody wins by making it really time consuming and manual.

yeunganson Feb 4, 2019 3:52 am

Really. . Hire and train more ambassadors and empower them to do extraordinary things for their members. Pay them a decent wage + bonus + full benifits so it can be a career thing and not just a regular job.

The members should be calling and should be able to talk to their embassador without long waits. Give the member a call once a while if the member isn't using the service.

Give them a generous budget so they can use to do memorable things for the guest. A member's birthday? Have the budget to get the hotel to leave a cake and drinks. Know through conversation that a member is heading to New York on honeymoon, empower the local hotel to grab comp a Broadway ticket for the couple (or ticket to the Statue of liberty or something nice)

MikeFly Feb 4, 2019 5:02 am

I'm just looking for consistency of the benefits being applied. If A is a benefit I should get A everytime - not just when a hotel feels like it.

UKTraveller4Fun Feb 4, 2019 5:10 am

Originally Posted by yeunganson (Post 30737132)
Really. . Hire and train more ambassadors and empower them to do extraordinary things for their members. Pay them a decent wage + bonus + full benifits so it can be a career thing and not just a regular job.

The members should be calling and should be able to talk to their embassador without long waits. Give the member a call once a while if the member isn't using the service.

Give them a generous budget so they can use to do memorable things for the guest. A member's birthday? Have the budget to get the hotel to leave a cake and drinks. Know through conversation that a member is heading to New York on honeymoon, empower the local hotel to grab comp a Broadway ticket for the couple (or ticket to the Statue of liberty or something nice)

You mean how it used to be then!!

longtimereader firstimeposter Feb 4, 2019 6:53 am

- reasonable response time from my Ambassador or generic email address (<24 hours)
- my Ambassador’s contact information being posted on the website or app
- automated replies acknowledging my emails to my Ambassador / generic Ambassador email address
- online chat

jacca83 Feb 4, 2019 8:26 am

Resorts Fees and Guaranteed late check out at Resort and Convention Hotels. Also maybe a 100% point bonus.

UA-NYC Feb 4, 2019 8:36 am

Maybe just fix what they broke with the SPG Ambassador program

C17PSGR Feb 4, 2019 10:04 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 30737306)
You mean how it used to be then!!

I don't believe I've seen any reports on FT similar to the stories from the video ....lots of historical complaints in the SPG ambassador thread, some stories of great support with awards/upgrades, but nothing like the ambassador videos

myperks Feb 4, 2019 10:18 am

With the listing of additional benefits, I forgot that Marriott should really work on the core of the ambassador program like others have mentioned. Consistent responses within certain time period is appreciated although when I had my (SPG) ambassador last year, she was excellent although I never gotten anything additional like others have reported (fruit plates, mini gifts, etc.). This year my emails to her get routed to the general ambassador line so it’s a toss up if I get a response.

Guaranteed 4pm at all properties no exclusions will be nice.
And back the parking comps, probably make it like Hyatt, comped if parking owned by the hotel (but then properties will play games with saying it’s outsourced which is probably alright because that takes the big cities out of the picture but still free parking, for example, at hotels near Disneyland that charges for parking)

damon88 Feb 4, 2019 10:37 am

I would love to see my 3 favorite Hyatt benefits added:

1. Some guaranteed Suite Upgrade a la TSUs. 4 would be amazing but I would take 3 or 2 or even 1!! if my Suite was guaranteed at time of booking.

2. Set amount of points for Suite Upgrades! SPG had this- Hyatt has it. Marriott needs to add this.

3. Would love to be able to use my comp breakfast for room service. This was one of my favorite benefits during my brief tenure as a Diamond member. Hyatt didn’t charge a service fee but I would be willing to pay one as long as I could use my free breakfast certificate for room service. (Unless the restaurant buffet is something special- like Danieli, Grand Bretagne, Schloss Fuschl etc. we prefer room service)

100+ and 20K is a true commitment. The spend alone gets top Globalist status at Hyatt without ANY nights. Marriott needs to add some tangible benefits that will inspire members to attain Ambassador.