FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What reasonable benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Ambassador level members?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:02 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Overall, I tend to agree that the benefit differences between Titanium and Ambassador are pretty negligible.
I was kind of shocked to learn that the 1 stated benefit, Your 24, is actually not guaranteed, and up to the whims of individual hotels.
Would not look to add unrealistic benefits, but making Your 24 a guarantee seems like a no-brainer.

This is my first year with Ambassador, and I am starting to get to know my Ambassador and develop that relationship. It is nice having an escalation point for and single point of contact for more complicated issues (converting Travel Packages, etc), but not sure that is really worth the $20K spend required.
I guess like most things that have requirements it depends how difficult you find hitting 20k. Personally I find my Ambassador as the only reason I am with Marriott as they sort out all the IT messes that Marriott create for me. The 20k spend to me is not an issue and actually would be happy if it increased to allow an even more focus on the higher spenders / elites.

But as I say everything is relative to the individual. Free parking for instance has no appeal to me as never drive to a hotel and as such don't want to see any allowance in the scheme spent on this type of thing that only some would gain from.