Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Source?
Personal experience of having lower tier colleagues at same hotel, same nights, with better upgrades.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by myperks

If anything these will be ambassador benefits instead of titanium benefits... and free parking will never happen at properties system wide
Why will it never happen? Hyatt offers free parking for Globalists (60 nights) on award stays and comps the resort fee for all stays. Matching this policy would be a great start for differentiating Tit and Plat. Others would be a no-BS breakfast benefit everywhere and moving to the old SPG "if you can buy a standard room with cash you can book it on points" policy. If they can't get the legacy marriott hotel owners to do it for everyone, maybe they can do it just for a small subset of customers.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:41 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Dining in the restaurant tonight I was thinking a bigger discount than 20%. 10% silver, 15% gold, 20% plat 25% titan 30% ambassador.

I was also thinking all soft drinks in the restaurant ordered by the person with status to should be free. They are free in the lounge, but go downstairs and you are paying $4-10 for a coke. That's a bit much.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
How about a minibar allowance per stay or night at certain brands? ....
EdV likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: United GS Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
A tough question

This is a tough question and Marriott has to get it right.

The trade off on the titanium benefits must be a balance between a business travel benefit and a vacation benefit.

When I am on business I want all the points I can take. I will pay the parking fee, the resort fee, the breakfast, every thing gets rolled into the expence report. Then I pay for everything on my marriott Chase card.

When I’m on vacation I don’t want to pay for any of these fees. Plus use all those points to not pay for the suite with the balcony overlooking the ocean. Everything on points.

I do do want an upgrade on my room in both cases.

So maybe a choice of when you get to pick a free fee and breaksest stay. Let’s say 5 stays per year you get guaranteed upgrade stay and pay no fees and free breakfast for everyone in your room.

That would differentiate between titanium and platinum. And you would be incentivized to keep spending on the majority of the business trips. This is really where marriott makes their money and where the relationship starts.

You have ave to make sure the titanium road warriors get that special vacation every year. Other wise there will be no more loyalty in he industry and it will just come down to the lowest cost for both business and personal travel. Sounds very boring.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by ryw
Do folks put a value on the complimentary (silver) United status that Titanium will have?

I assume a lot of folks traveling that much will already have status on the airline of their choice - but as someone who doesn't have United status, if I was close to 75 nights, it's enough to sweeten the deal to have a backup airline option for me to stay a couple extra nights at Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

(Also I don't see how an early check in can be necessarily a guaranteed benefit - in the fall I showed up to a hotel around noon or 1pm and was told that the hotel was completely booked the night before and the room I booked wouldn't be ready for a while due to plats and PPs using their 4pm checkout!)
I earned 75 night PP in 2018, first time for me as I never paid much attention to hotel programs and have been traveling more. The United Silver for me is a great benefit. I used to get it on 25k miles, but with the new $/miles program, I don't seem to be spending enough. I'm happy to have it back now. Taking my first flight tomorrow night from Sanghai to LAX. I already canceled/downgraded my Chase MP Explorer card for the next 2 years probably, so that is saving $95/year. Look forward to getting an economy plus seat tomorrow and they look more open so might have no one next to me. I'm not sure if Silver can get upgrades to business? I think i saw something that said only with higher cost fares. Anyway, it is valuable to me for sure.

Loving the 4 pm check out, but yes on occasion we might have to accept no early check in and more like 5 pm if we want the nicer room upgrades. I've done pretty well with upgrades in China/Thailand recently, but I did do some changing after 5 or 6 pm sometimes.

FREE parking for Titanium would be the one add I'd like to see.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Handcake
Dining in the restaurant tonight I was thinking a bigger discount than 20%. 10% silver, 15% gold, 20% plat 25% titan 30% ambassador.

I was also thinking all soft drinks in the restaurant ordered by the person with status to should be free. They are free in the lounge, but go downstairs and you are paying $4-10 for a coke. That's a bit much.

You wish!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:03 pm

Since this has now predictably (and understandably) evolved into the "dream elite benefits" thread, I'll go ahead and put mine out there. The one that would gain win my allegiance on the spot would be a laundry benefit. I'm not talking about delicately cleaning priceless royal garments or whatever; I just want to not have to choose between paying $25 for two items or washing out clothing in the sink with tubes of off-brand shower goo. If some chain would give me X number of generic mesh laundry bags per year to throw in the commercial-scale washing operation, I'd be ecstatic.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Since this has now predictably (and understandably) evolved into the "dream elite benefits" thread, I'll go ahead and put mine out there. The one that would gain win my allegiance on the spot would be a laundry benefit. I'm not talking about delicately cleaning priceless royal garments or whatever; I just want to not have to choose between paying $25 for two items or washing out clothing in the sink with tubes of off-brand shower goo. If some chain would give me X number of generic mesh laundry bags per year to throw in the commercial-scale washing operation, I'd be ecstatic.
Welcome gift - Breakfast, 1000 points, or free 2 pc laundry?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Welcome gift - Breakfast, 1000 points, or free 2 pc laundry?
I would not trade breakfast! Laundry has to be in addition.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by arlflyer
What a great idea! I've been madly googling laundry service/laundromats for Prague and Vienna for a trip next month that my husband made me promise to pack light for.

And yes, this was meant as a "dream elite benefits" thread
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:05 pm

A simple one, that boggles my mind:

Match FHR/Virtuoso/LHRC benefits. If I can book them, get elite credits and benefits, why wouldn't I? I believe the cost to the hotel is ~30%.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
One poster already spread that conspiracy theory last year and it was soundly debunked...let's not go down that path again.

LT Titanium is having Titanium every year (except for not earning the 50/75 night benefits). Case closed.
I was unaware this has been posted and debunked. I am glad to hear it was debunked. I was surprised to hear it from someone at the Ambassador line. Thanks for posting this info.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Simplest to me would be a full frontal assault on Hyatt's competencies — giving guaranteed, but rationed, suite upgrades at booking, upgrading breakfast from continental to full in the Ts/Cs, and waiving resort fees/parking fees on some/all stays...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Simplify breakfast benefit would be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.