Old Feb 4, 19, 5:51 am
UnitedGS_seat2B

Programs: United GS Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
A tough question

This is a tough question and Marriott has to get it right.

The trade off on the titanium benefits must be a balance between a business travel benefit and a vacation benefit.

When I am on business I want all the points I can take. I will pay the parking fee, the resort fee, the breakfast, every thing gets rolled into the expence report. Then I pay for everything on my marriott Chase card.

When Iím on vacation I donít want to pay for any of these fees. Plus use all those points to not pay for the suite with the balcony overlooking the ocean. Everything on points.

I do do want an upgrade on my room in both cases.

So maybe a choice of when you get to pick a free fee and breaksest stay. Letís say 5 stays per year you get guaranteed upgrade stay and pay no fees and free breakfast for everyone in your room.

That would differentiate between titanium and platinum. And you would be incentivized to keep spending on the majority of the business trips. This is really where marriott makes their money and where the relationship starts.

You have ave to make sure the titanium road warriors get that special vacation every year. Other wise there will be no more loyalty in he industry and it will just come down to the lowest cost for both business and personal travel. Sounds very boring.