FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:55 am
kalo93406

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by ryw
Do folks put a value on the complimentary (silver) United status that Titanium will have?

I assume a lot of folks traveling that much will already have status on the airline of their choice - but as someone who doesn't have United status, if I was close to 75 nights, it's enough to sweeten the deal to have a backup airline option for me to stay a couple extra nights at Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

(Also I don't see how an early check in can be necessarily a guaranteed benefit - in the fall I showed up to a hotel around noon or 1pm and was told that the hotel was completely booked the night before and the room I booked wouldn't be ready for a while due to plats and PPs using their 4pm checkout!)
I earned 75 night PP in 2018, first time for me as I never paid much attention to hotel programs and have been traveling more. The United Silver for me is a great benefit. I used to get it on 25k miles, but with the new $/miles program, I don't seem to be spending enough. I'm happy to have it back now. Taking my first flight tomorrow night from Sanghai to LAX. I already canceled/downgraded my Chase MP Explorer card for the next 2 years probably, so that is saving $95/year. Look forward to getting an economy plus seat tomorrow and they look more open so might have no one next to me. I'm not sure if Silver can get upgrades to business? I think i saw something that said only with higher cost fares. Anyway, it is valuable to me for sure.

Loving the 4 pm check out, but yes on occasion we might have to accept no early check in and more like 5 pm if we want the nicer room upgrades. I've done pretty well with upgrades in China/Thailand recently, but I did do some changing after 5 or 6 pm sometimes.

FREE parking for Titanium would be the one add I'd like to see.