Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

Old Feb 12, 19, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Access to *some* kind of breakfast is a substantial benefit. Removing that from the 50-night tier would almost certainly push people to Hilton or Hyatt.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Marriott follows the Hilton model of removing *lounge* from the guarantee. I spent a couple years as HH Gold under that model, and it sometimes worked for you, sometimes against you. Domestically, the restaurant is often better than the lounge. Internationally, the lounges are usually better.

I can't tell where Marriott wants to go with their lounges. Some of them are pretty lame and you can tell the property doesn't even want to deal with a lounge, and at other properties they're actually building out newer, better lounges. Even Sheraton, which has some truly awful lounges, also has done some nice renovations to them in recent years.
That's more likely that removal of the benefit, IMO. It would mean that Hilton isn't a better option. And for most US business travelers, Marriott and Hilton are the only programs that really make sense (for those of us who travel to different locations each trip), because of the footprints they have.

To be honest, access to international Marriott lounges is really the main reason I pursued a lifetime status. Breakfast was a close second. Domestic lounges third. The other benefits weren't really significant to me.

I visited my first Sheraton lounge just a couple weeks ago - Sheraton IAH - and it was "truly awful". Plus they overcharged me for the 4 glasses of wine the two of us drank. If they want to reduce Platinum lounge benefits, maybe they can start with just the Sheratons .
Old Feb 14, 19, 9:58 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately, I bet the dynamic pricing is here to stay. And it isnít actually ďdynamicĒ. Hilton has a true dynamic pricing now. They donít even post a chart anymore, the points change like prices, no set standards.

Theyíre breakfast offering is still sub par compared to Hilton. Especially the CYs. The $10/night doesnít even get you a standard breakfast & coffee. Hilton Gardens offer free breakfast or points, no money limit.

Marriott lounges are actually way better than Hilton lounges. Especially domestic. Domestically it seems like the 2 programs are going separate approaches. Hiltonís have slowly been closing their domestic lounges, and the handful that are still there are garbage. On the opposite end Marriott has been rolling out the M Lounges. Those are fantastic and they take more of an airport terminal lounge. They are also building them on the main floor, making for great advertisement to be loyal to Marriott.

All that to say, I would only expect a few minor tweaks at the end of this year going into 2020. I would like to see breakfast actually mean breakfast. Or get rid of having to pay the resort/destination fee when staying on points, or if you donít do that, at least allow us to earn points for resort/destination and parking fees. Thatís a load of garbage.