Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
If I get a suite at the FI Vernon BC next week, rather than a standard room with a view of the AC unit directly outside my window, then I will know the supposed new benefits are underway.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sorry, what is this thread about again?
Something about a guy who knows a guy who could get breakfast in a Ritz or maybe Residence Inn if they are premium platinum or plutonium.
bhrubin, sam2k2002 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Does it matter if they add any more when they’re really just suggestions and hotels do whatever they feel like anyways?
I remember all the noise back in the late spring of 2018, when Marriott executives initially unveiled the new loyalty program as providing a breakfast benefit across the board. Of course, that never happened.

And as @sethMCOflyer observed, even if something is supposed to be provided at some brands -- that something being breakfast -- plenty of properties are either refusing to provide it or providing an inferior breakfast, like a cup of coffee and a piece of bread with some icing on it or with a sugary fruit filling.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
It would dilute RC too much if they did that. Getting to 75 night is not that hard with Marriott credit card elite nights and that meeting elite night hack.

Now being an Ambassador level benefit would make sense and drive spend to Marriott. Better yet give RC Lounge access to Ambassadors. Something like that would change my habits.
Exactly. The platinum premier/titanium benefits are, on paper and not necessarily in practice, pretty good. The issue is the lack of defined benefits for ambassador status. Something as simple as Ritz-Carlton lounge access or room service breakfast at any full-service property would be a great addition to the ambassador status benefits. It would be absurd to give something like this to titanium, but not give anything above and beyond to ambassador.

Getting free alcohol is nice but a bottle of wine waiting for me in my room isn't that important because I can generally expense it. I can't expense room service. I'd rather have a personally written letter from the general manager or maybe some swag at a resort property with the hotel's name on it than a fruit-and-cheese plate or chocolate.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Horace
What substantive changes have been made to the loyalty program terms & conditions since August 18, 2018?

Yes, I realize there have been minor tweaks, such as clearly excluding the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas from some benefits.

The new program name and the new names for the two top tiers are not substantive changes.

What program features in the terms and conditions — for earning, redemption, and recognition — have been "watered down" since the three programs were combined last August?

This is the main one I was thinking of. Do you not considerate it substantive or do you believe it is just a minor tweak?

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Substantive change - walking back the promise to have the "better" legacy Starwood award availability, returning to the faux-Marriott-no blackout dates standard.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by 1973 Ford Pinto
Right, even better, they're absolutely NOT guaranteed.
I actually think they are guaranteed under the programs terms, if available: "Platinum Elite Members receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in. Complimentary upgrade includes suites ..." I think it was inappropriate for a LC property to ask for $200 to upgrade me to a one bedroom suite when they had some available. That being said, I wasn't surprised as while guaranteed under the terms, they are not guaranteed in practice.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Exactly. The platinum premier/titanium benefits are, on paper and not necessarily in practice, pretty good. The issue is the lack of defined benefits for ambassador status. ... I'd rather have a personally written letter from the general manager ....
The problem under the SPG program is that everyone was Platinum and this became a Marriott problem post 8/18. I've had dozens of handwritten notes from GM's over the years but none in the 50 stays since 8/18 because everyone is Plat Premier.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the program will improve when the levels are more distinct.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I actually think they are guaranteed under the programs terms, if available: "Platinum Elite Members receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in. Complimentary upgrade includes suites ..." I think it was inappropriate for a LC property to ask for $200 to upgrade me to a one bedroom suite when they had some available. That being said, I wasn't surprised as while guaranteed under the terms, they are not guaranteed in practice.

The problem under the SPG program is that everyone was Platinum and this became a Marriott problem post 8/18. I've had dozens of handwritten notes from GM's over the years but none in the 50 stays since 8/18 because everyone is Plat Premier.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the program will improve when the levels are more distinct.
Even more people become PP over the weekend.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sorry, what is this thread about again?
It quickly just became the new, new whining thread...

Regards
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Even the credit card names are ditching their names, which were too similar to the elite statues. That's a good thing.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even more people become PP over the weekend.
How's that? All the 2017 Plats who did not hit 75 nights in 2018 will drop. Plat should see an even bigger decrease, as AMEX and UA matched status drops to Gold.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Kacee
How's that? All the 2017 Plats who did not hit 75 nights in 2018 will drop. Plat should see an even bigger decrease, as AMEX and UA matched status drops to Gold.
It's for the SPGs who were granted special dispensation by Arne for having 10 years of spg platness. They are newly minted LTMBVTTs.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Everyone who became LTPP in the sweep over the weekend and didn't do 75+ nights last year.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Everyone who became LTPP in the sweep over the weekend and didn't do 75+ nights last year.
I can't figure out all the pluses and minuses.

But, there are a lot of Plat Premiers right now. I suspect those who are in the SPG LTPP sweep, may already be Plat Premiers so I'm assuming the numbers will drop.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Where was the rumor heard?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
I was thinking they were going to remove breakfast as a benefit for all of their luxury level hotels. Although I guess they could go the other way and take it from 50 night status holders and give it (including RC) to 75 night holders.
Free breakfast to 50 nighters Platinums is a must nowadays in every elite level (Hilton ecc); removing it at Marriott would be a shame and a loss of customers for sure (firstly me)
EdV likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.