Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Autograph Collection - No Lounge Access for Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:06 am
Original Poster

I’ve been considering staying at the “Metropolitan at the 9” Autograph Collection hotel in Downtown Cleveland, OH. When booking a room, I found that they have a special rate class for the “RSRV” level, which is essentially a club level with a lounge.

I assumed that I would have access to this as a Platinum Premier member, but when I called the hotel last night to check, I was told that they only allow people who booked at the “RSRV” rate to stay on that floor.

I know Ritz Carlton’s are exempt from the rules which require Platinum lounge access, but I did not know an Autograph Collection hotel could pull this .....

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

EDIT: I should mention that they DO offer breakfast in the hotel restaurant for Plats.

Last edited by pfthrowaway21315; Jan 23, 2019 at 7:47 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
There are some Marriott resorts that have special "Griffin Club" and the like, and they are explicitly described as being NOT a concierge lounge. The hotel property page typically is plastered with language to the effect that no upgrades will be given to those clubs for any reason. While I don't think it's right, it is and has been accepted as within the T&C's. So I think your choices are to book the RSRV rate, book another rate but know you won't have access to the lounge, or stay somewhere else out of protest.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:28 am

Complimentary lounge access for platinum members is provided only at a restricted number of brands, and it may even vary regionally. Autograph Collection is one of those brands, but resorts are excluded from the benefit.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I definitely would not call this a resort. It's a downtown high-rise hotel in the middle of Cleveland.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by pfthrowaway21315
Yeah, I definitely would not call this a resort. It's a downtown high-rise hotel in the middle of Cleveland.
If indeed it is not a resort, and they do not offer you breakfast in the restaurant, you can claim the $100 guarantee.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Ah, I think they do offer breakfast in the restaurant for Plats.

But honestly, I'd much rather have the evening lounge experience (drinks, Hors d'oeuvres, etc) than get free breakfast. I'm not a big morning eater.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The RSRV Level at the Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection, is a hotel-within-a-hotel. The food and beverage service on the RSRV Level includes evening hors d'oeuvres with complimentary premium liquor, beer & wine. I haven't stayed there, but the hotel's website describes the RSRV Level as something with far more (and better) amenities than a typical club level, executive level, concierge level, or Elite floor with access to an M Club Lounge.

In this regard, the Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection, seems similar to international Sheraton hotels that have a Towers section with a Towers lounge for Towers guests only. At such Sheratons, Platinum Elite (and higher) guests who did not book a Towers room are neither upgraded to the Towers section nor given access to the Towers lounge.
nexusCFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.