FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   [How to find] My Marriott Bonvoy Status Expiry date ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1951737-how-find-my-marriott-bonvoy-status-expiry-date.html)

josephstern Nov 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30430982)
Was that SPG Plat or MR Plat? It makes a difference. BTW, it seems strange to talk of a downgrade from Plat to Plat.

Agreed. It's like American with the three Platinums.

senzer Dec 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Has anyone resolved this or figured it out? Can’t figure out if my status runs through end of 2018 or 2019!

josephstern Dec 12, 2018 9:50 pm

I did email them, and they told me it would expire in early 2020:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today.

Platinum Elite will expire January 31, 2020.

To renew status in 2019 stay 50 nights. To achieve next level in 2019 stays required 75 nights.
January 1 - December 31

marlin Jan 18, 2019 8:14 am

When will my Marriott Rewards (now Bonvoy) Status Expire?

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered but buried some where in the merger discussions.

I was originally Marriott Gold. Since August, I have become Platinum Elite. There is no way I am going to make 50 or 75 nights. However, I am
enjoying the perks and am afraid I will be dropped down to something else soon. Any idea when? And what level? Thank you!

exploreaswego Jan 18, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by marlin (Post 30670673)
Apologies in advance if this has already been answered but buried some where in the merger discussions.

I was originally Marriott Gold. Since August, I have become Platinum Elite. There is no way I am going to make 50 or 75 nights. However, I am
enjoying the perks and am afraid I will be dropped down to something else soon. Any idea when? And what level? Thank you!

Did you qualify and earned your pre-merger Gold status in 2017 or 2018?
If you earned it in 2018, your newly mapped post-merger Platinum status should last till early 2020.
If it's 2017, your Plat will probably be d/g to gold this year.

For all the seniors here, correct me if I'm wrong.

RogerD408 Jan 18, 2019 9:05 am

Originally Posted by marlin (Post 30670673)

The program year is Jan 1 - Dec 31, the status year runs until the end of January, So the earliest you should see a drop, if it happens, will be the beginning of February. I do believe Marriott still does the soft landings, so only one tier down a year if you have no qualifying status.

marlin Jan 18, 2019 9:24 am

Earned premerger Gold in 2017 with some kind of easy challenge. I'm pretty sure I am going to drop down in February which is unfortunate
as I have some March trips planned. Thank you for the replies. I will update this thread when I see what happens.

RogerD408 Jan 18, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by marlin (Post 30670946)
Earned premerger Gold in 2017 with some kind of easy challenge. I'm pretty sure I am going to drop down in February which is unfortunate
as I have some March trips planned. Thank you for the replies. I will update this thread when I see what happens.

A golden ticket you might be able to cash in on, is many have reported their status at the time of booking stuck with the property even if the stay was after dropping in status. So if you can commit to the stay before the end of January, you might luck out at least with the on-site benefits (breakfast, lounge, etc.). Just keep in mind any changes may cause a refresh and the game is over. Good luck.

jrb CO Jan 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Does anyone know if 2018 status level extends through 1/31/19 or 2/28/19?

nexusCFX Jan 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by jrb CO (Post 30701231)
Does anyone know if 2018 status level extends through 1/31/19 or 2/28/19?

According to Marriott and the Lurkers, it's the former.

MSPeconomist Jan 25, 2019 11:16 pm

This could be *fun* next week if people lose status but their new status hasn't been recognized yet.

jtp1947 Jan 26, 2019 10:09 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30702144)
This could be *fun* next week if people lose status but their new status hasn't been recognized yet.

Exactly, I am LTPP thus, United Silver. I have a United flight Feb. 3 and hope Silver will renew by that time.

slariz Feb 1, 2019 11:42 am

So I still have my 2018 status and it is after Jan 31. Does this mean it’ll be valid until 2/28? Anyone know when status is expiring this year? Seems the answer, like much of the answers post-merger, is all over the place.

jrb CO Feb 1, 2019 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by slariz (Post 30728374)
So I still have my 2018 status and it is after Jan 31. Does this mean it’ll be valid until 2/28? Anyone know when status is expiring this year? Seems the answer, like much of the answers post-merger, is all over the place.

Me too. I still have my 2018 status. I have a vacation booked at a nice resort next weekend. Hope the status holds through that booking. It would make the most sense for status to roll over with start of their new Bonvoy system.

naumank Feb 4, 2019 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jrb CO (Post 30728619)

Me too. I still have my 2018 status. I have a vacation booked at a nice resort next weekend. Hope the status holds through that booking. It would make the most sense for status to roll over with start of their new Bonvoy system.

Has anyone seen their annual (not LT) status updated by now?