Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
To add fuel to the fire, on both the site and app it states that have two nights so far this year, and I am 24 nights short of PPE status. Neither of which are true I think.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by stimpy
To add fuel to the fire, on both the site and app it states that have two nights so far this year, and I am 24 nights short of PPE status. Neither of which are true I think.
As I recall, Marriott has always been a bit wonky with their presentations between the end of the year and their final sweep(s). Different processes (app vs website vs CSR queries) pull data from different places and/or calculates what should be using different sources. This makes just about anything possible to be shown. So even with zero YTD nights showing you can also see 24 nights to PP status. My account is showing zero YTD nights (which is correct) and 72 nights to PP status, but I am PP status due to LT status (soon to be LTPP if all goes well). So my suggestion don't take anything too seriously until we know the sweeps are done.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt GP, UA 1K, WN RR
Originally Posted by flightrisk
I believe this is an Marriott IT bug *shocker*. I'm seeing this also and don't think I made LTPP. Note that it reads "Platinum Premier Lifetime Status" instead of "Lifetime Platinum Premier Status". There is speculation in the Choice Benefit thread that it is showing this for all PP that also hold LT status.
Curious if anyone has dug further of this potential bug? Seems like we would need data points from multiple scenarios to theorize further on whether this is a leak or just a overlooked bug.

1. We've validated for those presumed LTPP (750 nights+ / 10+ years platinum) it shows this oddly crafted label.
2. Suggestions that from the Choice Benefit thread that this may also be showing up for PP that hold LTP status? Do any incidents come from members who have <750 nights and/or < 10 years platinum?
3. Does this also display for LTP members who aren't PP and have < 750 nights?

In the end we're just investing time to speculate, but would be curious none the less =)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by kilroy44
Curious if anyone has dug further of this potential bug? Seems like we would need data points from multiple scenarios to theorize further on whether this is a leak or just a overlooked bug.

1. We've validated for those presumed LTPP (750 nights+ / 10+ years platinum) it shows this oddly crafted label.
2. Suggestions that from the Choice Benefit thread that this may also be showing up for PP that hold LTP status? Do any incidents come from members who have <750 nights and/or < 10 years platinum?
3. Does this also display for LTP members who aren't PP and have < 750 nights?

In the end we're just investing time to speculate, but would be curious none the less =)
I am 1,755 combined nights with 20 years combined Platinum.
I am showing Platinum Premier Elite as I did over 75 nights in 2017. But I am still only showing Lifetime Platinum Elite instead of Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.

I've waited this long, so I can wait a bit longer for the grandfathering to take into effect.

(But Marriott still sucks)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by yyznomad
(But Marriott still sucks)
Does the small font mean they suck less? Less than...?

-RM
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
I'm currently showing as Platinum Premier Elite, but only Lifetime Platinum Elite, so I haven't been "swept" yet. I'm sure I will be, eventually, given my stats...

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 1309
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 18
Years as Gold or Platinum: 14
Years as Platinum: 13

The App is throwing an error on the status page, but displaying the same info, so I presume both issues will resolve relatively concurrently.

Last edited by WoodyWindy; Jan 9, 2019 at 12:57 pm Reason: format correction
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by swag
If they're intending this to be a one-time sweep, they can't do it until the input data is complete.

First they have to wait for all 2018 stays to post.
Then they have to do the sweep to update lifetime year counters with 2018 qualifications.
Then they have to run the jobs for those qualifying in 2018 by legacy SPG rules (stays).
Only then can the run the LTPP job.
Can someone point me to where Marriott stated they were going to perform such a one time sweep for lifetime status? All I see are inferences members are making. I mean Marriott officially, not scuttlebutt from a CSR.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Can someone point me to where Marriott stated they were going to perform such a one time sweep for lifetime status? All I see are inferences members are making. I mean Marriott officially, not scuttlebutt from a CSR.
look under lifetime benefits in members.marriott.com
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:12 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

See post #56 above

Marriott FAQs
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Well, I did say "If they're intending this to be a one-time sweep". The official announcement said LTPP would be notified this month. Planning to get this done as a one time sweep is an expectation I make based on decades as an IT professional. If this were a planned regularly-run job, they could have started running it a few months ago, whenever they were confident that LT totals were correct,

But even with perfect IT on this job, some accounts will be missed. In particular, with 100 million plus accounts, there will be some stragglers. accounts earning the 750th night or 10th year close to 12/31 but delayed in posting due to human/hotel error. Possibilities to handle that are:
1. Rerun the batch job periodically for the next few months to pick up the stragglers.
2. Manual verification and promotion of the accounts.
3. The possibility of stragglers never occurred to them, so no plan yet to handle these cases. (hopefully not this)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I vote for the third door.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Any chance this "sweep" is tied to the launch of the new program that has been rumored? In which case it could well be delayed if that launch is delayed?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any chance this "sweep" is tied to the launch of the new program that has been rumored? In which case it could well be delayed if that launch is delayed?
It wouldn't surprise me if this is the plan, although let's not forget that Ambassador assignments were delayed by at least a month after the (arguably delayed) program combination on August 18th, so the LTPP sweep could be well after the start of BonVoy or whatever they ultimately call it. This would also have the advantage of helping to avoid some of the potential confusion between LTPP and lifetime titanium.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
But, but, but... The new program was launched on August 18, 2018. It's the name that is missing till later this year. All the new rules are in play and the sweep is intended to apply the old rules and assign new status where earned.
jn in ca likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:25 am

I qualified Lifetime Platinum based on legacy rules in August (passed the MR point threshold). Lifetime status did not change (always assumed it would/will during the January sweep).
Was two nights short of PP for the year on December 24th (had 73 nights). Chase credit card points for the month were credited on December 28th but did not receive my "night credits" (I should have received two). Note: I have not "upgraded" my card because I wanted the night credits. Night credits just appeared this morning for 2019. Now I'm showing "2" nights for 2019. Wonder if the sweep will fix that and give me PP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.