Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Hotels now adding a $50 per person fee after 2 adults when booking an Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Hotels now adding a $50 per person fee after 2 adults when booking an Award

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Pro tip: when number of guests in a room is more than two and they are using existing bedding (or in addition to a crib for an infant), just make a reservation for two.

Consider the number of people you specify when making a booking as number of beds requested.
That can backfire in some parts of the world. Off the top of my head, in Japan and South Korea the number of people on the reservation (including small children) has to match the actual number of room occupants or you can be turned away.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by acrophobia
That can backfire in some parts of the world. Off the top of my head, in Japan and South Korea the number of people on the reservation (including small children) has to match the actual number of room occupants or you can be turned away.
same thing in india....
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by acrophobia

(...) in Japan (...) the number of people on the reservation (including small children) has to match the actual number of room occupants or you can be turned away.
YMMV, but never happened to me in more than 10 years at one of the western chains.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Italy too due to fire codes. I would expect Singapore, Russia, China, etc. to be strict about seeing passports that match the names on the reservation.

BTW I would read the T&C to say that any extra person charge for the second guest (at properties where rates are different for single versus double rooms) will be covered, but not for additional people beyond two, regardless of whether an extra bed is required or not. [Hotels don't want to encourage people packing into rooms for free nights.]
Old May 25, 2019, 12:54 pm

It’s hard in countries where it’s normal to have CCTV throughout a property to play the college style 2 people check in, 8 people hang out game.

security does check accompanied by someone from front desk, at least I’ve personally seen it in India and China.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
....and in Bangkok I've seen agents demanding that ID for all guests be left with the front desk until the guest departs the property. The rule has a different rationale, but this would make it difficult to sneak in additional people.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by shonanroger
YMMV, but never happened to me in more than 10 years at one of the western chains.
its happened to me multiple times in india, uae, thailand, italy, switzerland & singapore, just to name a few countries....

not that i was trying to sneak anyone in but they have always asked for id for all people staying in the room....
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
same thing in india....
I travel with my family in India and always mention 2 Adults on the reservation. Not once have I been turned away.
Cities stayed: Hyderabad, Pune (4 different hotels), Mahabaleshwar, Mumbai, Gurgaon
Not once have I had trouble with the # of people in the room. They just ask the Passports of everyone and that's it.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWsakp
I travel with my family in India and always mention 2 Adults on the reservation. Not once have I been turned away.
Cities stayed: Hyderabad, Pune (4 different hotels), Mahabaleshwar, Mumbai, Gurgaon
Not once have I had trouble with the # of people in the room. They just ask the Passports of everyone and that's it.
no one in india will turn you away if you don't mention the number of kids in the reservation....my comment was in respect to the fact that india is one of the countries that charge more for a second or third person in the room so its not a good idea to only make a reservation for one person & have more people trying to check-in....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.