Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I wouldn't give their IT group credit for targeting combined accounts that qualified based upon stays at SPG properties and not hitting the uncombined accounts. There's got to be some other underlying issue that's not obvious. They have had such a hard time with so many of the simple tasks this would be a stretch in my view.

Again, any contact with the Lurkers?
Most likely the (SPG) marriott account are flagged differently in their system. and the 25 stays rule are only applied to these accounts.

looks like merging the account cause this flag to be removed (or follow the primary account during the merger) and the new merge account are not automatically updated with the 25 stays rule
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sandyph
Most likely the (SPG) marriott account are flagged differently in their system. and the 25 stays rule are only applied to these accounts.

looks like merging the account cause this flag to be removed (or follow the primary account during the merger) and the new merge account are not automatically updated with the 25 stays rule
The post before yours does not support this theory.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The post before yours does not support this theory.

This one ?

I'm still Platinum as well (qualified on stays - was only at 47 nights last year). I'm wondering if it has to do with which account people chose to keep. I merged my Marriott account into my SPG (new number) account. Did members who dropped to Gold choose to merge into their old Marriott Rewards account?
looks to be consistent with how Marriott (SPG) account is flagged and if you merge your (Marr) Marriott account into your (SPG) Marriott account then the flag will still be there
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:13 pm

Stays not honored for 2019 Platinum?

Just called Bonvoy helpline and was told 2018 Stays don’t matter for 2019 status. “It was always about nights, not stays, since August 2018.” But I recall that Marriott said it would honor stays for 2019. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by jkurtzig
Just called Bonvoy helpline and was told 2018 Stays don’t matter for 2019 status. “It was always about nights, not stays, since August 2018.” But I recall that Marriott said it would honor stays for 2019. Anyone else having this issue?
only if you have 25 stays at legacy SPG properties only.
MSPeconomist and lcpteck like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: ConnectMiles, LifeMiles, MileagePlus, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Apologise for my english.

My case:

I had both memberships MR for years ago, and SPG (both with same information mail, address, phone number etc.)

I use almost of the time my SPG account, I used to stay in Starwood HotelS not in Marriott, but I kept my MR account "alive".

I was Platinum for 3 year before august 2018, qualifying with 25 stayS. After august 18, I combined my accounts and choose my old MR account number (only because it was easy to recall this 9 digit number in my mind) and always booked and stayed in Starwood Hotels. I always attend my cases about stays and missing points with SPG Twitter, SPG Assist.

On December 31 was my last stay, the number 25. On March they downgraded me to gold Elite and I get in contact with Bonvoy Assist (former SPG Assist) and explain that I had 25 stay by December 31, they check and told me that 2 of my stays were not qualified, they were thinking that I booked them through a OTA, I had to scan and send them the two receipts (bills) of those stays. The verify and elevate my case to the group that grant the status. Next day I was Platinum Elite again.

I think the theory of combine the accounts make you not eligible, It drop here, and because I manage my case with former SPG assistant helped me, because of the knowledge of the rule 4.2.b.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jkurtzig
As has been reported many times (not sure if the same agent or different) CSRs get it wrong. If you had 25 stays at legacy SPG properties before 12/31, then you should have been raised to Plat status in January after the sweeps. If that is your case, then I suggest you send a PM/email to the Lurkers to ask them for assistance. Otherwise, you could try calling in again and getting a CSR that is more current on the rules or at least willing to actually look into rather than jump to giving an answer that allows them to end the call and move on.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:07 am

I qualified for Platinum under the old 25 stays rule (at legacy SPG properties) and this was confirmed in 2018 by a CSR. But, my lifetime counter never incremented and now they're launching an "investigation" for 6-8 weeks to dig into this... getting real tired of this merger and it's only been a few months.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I had the same situation where my 25 legacy stays in 2018 didn't requalify me for 2019 Platinum Elite status. Do note I've already combined my account early this month or last month.

In my situation, I had the promotion of double stay/night credit in the beginning of the 2018 which I made use of. It seems they can't see the number of stays in the account (since it only tracks nights). I made an appeal and they managed to upgrade my account to Platinum after much back and forth. I suggest you do be patient with them. I had to forward them the email which showed that I registered for the double stay/night credit promotion back in 2018 (Good thing I keep these emails) and they managed to approve my appeal.

A thank you to ex-SPG Lurker Christine for assistance on my case.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
I have been trying to reach a Lurker since this incident and got no reply, I wonder if William is gagged from engaging in these conversations now.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Sadly if you can’t get a Lurker or have one of the few engaged Ambassadors these days, you are screwed with Marriott CS
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by miloworld
I have been trying to reach a Lurker since this incident and got no reply, I wonder if William is gagged from engaging in these conversations now.
I've read some posts where attempts to reach the Lurkers by email didn't work. Try sending a PM from FT to see if they can help. The easiest way to do that is find a post they have made, such as https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30300703-post132.html and click on their name and then the link for a PM.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I've read some posts where attempts to reach the Lurkers by email didn't work. Try sending a PM from FT to see if they can help. The easiest way to do that is find a post they have made, such as https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30300703-post132.html and click on their name and then the link for a PM.
He disabled PM and hasn't posted since that Feb 13, 2019 reply. Emailed him 2 weeks ago but heard nothing back. I fear the worst has come.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
He disabled PM and hasn't posted since that Feb 13, 2019 reply. Emailed him 2 weeks ago but heard nothing back. I fear the worst has come.
Lurkers’ handles have changed. Try post #2 here.

Chase RC Club Level Upgrades - Reps unable to attach - Lurker help?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, yes their handles have changed. I just scrolled back to find an entry, as the Lurker's have an footprint in every thread. It's too bad FT can't do a wholesale change for valuable contacts like the Lurkers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.