Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mtftw

I would. Legacy SPG plat maps to the new Platinum Premier. If you’re only 5 stays short it’s a no brainer.
Incorrect. Legacy MR Plat (75 nights) maps to PP in the new combined program.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I'm guessing my accounts got combined, although I can't remember ever doing so.

Do 25 SPG stays still qualify you for Platinum Premier if your accounts are somehow combined?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Joshua
I'm guessing my accounts got combined, although I can't remember ever doing so.

Do 25 SPG stays still qualify you for Platinum Premier if your accounts are somehow combined?
No. You will be Plat, the 50 night level, same as what it would have been w/SPG.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:31 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So can I still qualify for Platinum on stays? (From SPG Forum)

I just merged my accounts, and the Marriott app is showing the only way for me to requlaify for platinum elite is to hit 50 nights. I’ve always qualified for SPG Plat with stays, and I was under the impression that would be possible for 2019 plat as well.
So is it still possible?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
yes, it is. 25 SPG stays in 2018 will earn you plat for 2019
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I see what happened; my accounts were "matched" a long time ago, but are not combined.

What benefit (if any) does staying 25 SPG nights in 2018 provide you?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I see what happened; my accounts were "matched" a long time ago, but are not combined.

Do you mean nights or stays? They're different.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:34 am

25 Stays will give you one more lifetime year at Platinum. If you haven't reached 10 years at Platinum combined between Marriott and SPG, it would help you get to lifetime Platinum a year earlier. Or if you are sitting at 9 years combined and over 750 total nights, it would give you your only chance to reach lifetime Platinum Premier.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
There are data points of here of legacy SPG golds who incorrectly showed post 8/18 as Plats. At least some of those have since been corrected to gold. So there's at least a chance you will get downgraded to gold soon, and if that happens, then those extra 5 spg stays will get you back to plat.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:17 am

But it has to be at legacy SPG properties.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
To add to my confusion, I logged into my SPG account (which now is the same thing as Marriott) and it says I'm a "Platinum".

Does legacy SPG Gold map to new Platinum? Does legacy SPG Platinum map to new Platinum Elite?

In other words, is it still worth trying to get in the next few SPG stays needed to make it to Platinum Elite?
DO NOT TRUST what the web site says today. My SPG account also shows LTG and annual Plat, but I am nowhere near enough annual nights for that status. Do your math and check it frequently to make sure you have the numbers needed. It's expected they will recompute and you don't want to come up short.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:36 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So thats all? As long as I have 25 stays at legacy SPG properties I'll be fine? How can I track this? Will I just need to do it manually myself?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
It's been stated many times, in many places, by SPG reps that the SPG status policy still holds through 2018 - 25 stays/50 nights at legacy SPG properties by 12/31/18.

But they haven't shared any way of tracking them or if/how they will automatically update the status when you hit the goal.

If I were in that situation, I'd go ahead and aim for the 25 stays, assuming it will earn status, but I'd be sure to document all of the stays as I suspect it will be a phone call to make it happen.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:41 am

Before the merger I had 23 stays. After this week I will cross 25 stays. Do I get my platinum only next year or my status will automatically be plat under the new marriot rewards?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Daniel Chow
Before the merger I had 23 stays. After this week I will cross 25 stays. Do I get my platinum only next year or my status will automatically be plat under the new marriot rewards?
I don't think anyone knows, but my guess would be that you'll get your status in January. In the meantime, I would NOT merge accounts. In fact, try to document the 23 stays that have already credited to SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.