Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get suite on points?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
Get suite on points?

Hi,
we are planning a stay in NYC and thinking about the Renaissance Midtown. The website only shows normal rooms for points, how can I get a suite for points - can I apply suite upgrades to a regular reward booking, or can customer service make other rooms available for reward points? BTW: I am premier platinum elite, but have never booked a reward before....

Thanks,
Sascha
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I doubt you're going to get a suite at the Ren Midtown unless you pay (cash) for it. They have only a handful of suites and do not upgrade to them.

You would have a better shot at other NYC properties. Some may offer a specific redemption rate for a suite (you'll often see this at Essex House, for example). At others you could apply an SNA, hope for a comp upgrade, or contact the property in advance.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
Thanks for the quick response!

Do you have by chance any other NYC recommendations from the Marriott/SPG portfolio that can compete with the Conrad at North Ave?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

highest hotel category youre looking at ?

can ask call center re points required for suites
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

I have lots of points, so that is not an issue - important is a suite with a separate bedroom as I tend to get up early whereas my wife usually sleeps a little longer...

Will follow you advice and call customer service
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dr_Fly_A_LOT
Do you have by chance any other NYC recommendations from the Marriott/SPG portfolio that can compete with the Conrad at North Ave?
You mean independent of location? Because Conrad's is fairly unique.

St. Regis, Chatawal, and Ritz Carlton Central Park would all be considered a class higher than Conrad (which is really just a 4*). I think Essex House is also better, but that's personal opinion. Some people like the Edition, which does have a fantastic location, but is not everyone's cup of tea.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
I've stayed in suites at both that Conrad and the St. Regis and think you wouldn't be disappointed with the St. Regis. We stayed on points and booked the lowest category room and was upgraded to an Astor Suite as check in (I was plat at the time). Hope this helps!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
If you've got tons of points, one way to approach this is to book two (or even three) standard rooms on points, then contact the hotel to tell them you'd like the rooms to be connecting, or preferably a suite. See what they say--you may get upgraded on the spot, they may tell you it will be based on availability when you check in, they may say "no way". But it's one way to try, especially if you ultimately don't mind having separate rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.