Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canceling an award reservation .... old points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly

i made a reservation in January 2018 for a stay in December 2018. 10,000 SPG points a night, 3 nights. Now, I need to cancel that stay. When the old 30,000 points are redeposited into my account, will these points be converted at the 1:3 ratio, to 90,000 points?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kevinsac
i made a reservation in January 2018 for a stay in December 2018. 10,000 SPG points a night, 3 nights. Now, I need to cancel that stay. When the old 30,000 points are redeposited into my account, will these points be converted at the 1:3 ratio, to 90,000 points?
Yes, they should. You may need to contact MPG if they forget to do the conversion. I haven't seen any reports it not working right (nor any saying it did though).
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I cancelled an SPG award reservations after 8/18, and the points came back tripled.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thanks guys. Glad to have that DP.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Or you might cancel it, have no points returned, have MR ignore three contacts over a month on the topic, and have the escalation to the CEO's office just tell you "your points are correct" without providing any data or responding to follow-up questions....
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Doubtful. But sorry it happened to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.