Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post merger disaster

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It does make a big difference. At the other end of the scale there's a 100 room Four Points in Arkansas which usually has 40-60 Ambassadors in residence on a typical weekday.
Wow! I assume with the merger, there are likely more high status customers, diluting the pool, and making status less valuable.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Wow! I assume with the merger, there are likely more high status customers, diluting the pool, and making status less valuable.
Possibly...on the surface you would assume same number of total elites at the same number of total hotels. But I'm sure quite a few people were elevated through the relaxed LT status rules too. It was much harder in the old Marriott program to achieve LT.

Most likely how this plays out is, as the other poster mentioned, that it's noticeable on a property by property basis rather than across the system. I'm sure the Four Points he mentions (Fayetteville? ), has always been full of elites, as are many others in small towns near large corporate HQ's. I've stayed at a few FS Marriott's in suburban areas where I get upgraded to a large suite, even back when I was a Gold (old program).
EuropeanPete and MarkP24 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by MarkP24
You have pulled back the curtain on the new combined program
Nottingham Nick and MarkP24 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sabai

You have pulled back the curtain on the new combined program
I guess so
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:43 am

There may be more ambassadors now but they now have a lot more brands to be able to choose from as well!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Talking Had to be said:

Originally Posted by imseanbrown
  • I've send a complaint Re: missing history through corporate website on 10/12 and still as of the date of this thread zero response by email/phone/smoke signal.
Have you checked your fax machine??? That's the tool of choice for Marriott.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.