Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Lifetime Status post merger (2019)

I'm hitting my 10th year of Plat by end of July . I've seen pictures of the old SPG LT Plat card and map, my question is whether I can expect the same type of package under Bonvoy?

Do you receive a Platinum/metal card? Does the map of all your stays come with the package?

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2019, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
No to all the above.

Sad really, I would have loved to see my map.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
No to all the above.

Sad really, I would have loved to see my map.
Wow, very disappointing. Do they send you anything?

My nights have not been cheap frequenting mostly expensive areas SF, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Miami, FLL. I imagine my average nightly spend over the years is ~$300/night
Old May 14, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CashN
Wow, very disappointing. Do they send you anything?

My nights have not been cheap frequenting mostly expensive areas SF, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Miami, FLL. I imagine my average nightly spend over the years is ~$300/night
Set your expectationr for an email note and a change of status of Marriott.com.

If you get more than that, Marriott will have exceeded your expectations!

I'm not aware that Marriott has sent actual Marriott Bonvoy cards or "membership kits" to anyone this year, regardless of elite tier or lifetime status.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Horace
Set your expectationr for an email note and a change of status of Marriott.com.

If you get more than that, Marriott will have exceeded your expectations!

I'm not aware that Marriott has sent actual Marriott Bonvoy cards or "membership kits" to anyone this year, regardless of elite tier or lifetime status.
US based Ambassadors recently received a gift (small laptop purse) and a plastic membership card that expires 2/2020.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The SPG Lifetime metal card was never replaced by Marriott.

No mention of the Lifetime status on the Marriott Rewards card issued after the merger and nothing either on the recently received Marriott Bonvoy card. The only new element is that the Ambassador level is now printed on that plastic card.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:17 pm
FT

Originally Posted by tamachan

I have this exact same issue with LT Platinum years not incrementing for 2018 despite hitting 50 nights after I merged my accounts. I took screenshots of my Marriott app with 5 years platinum and SPG app with 8 years Platinum. After merging and re-qualifying for Platinum I would think I should have 14 years for 2019. I have been working with Marriott since 1/22 and sent these screenshots in March yet they still can’t seem to figure it out. Originally they said 2-4 weeks to review and when I called after 4 weeks they said they need more time and can’t commit to a timing.
i know, probably not a battle worth fighting, but never know if Marriott will come up with another LT tier or if I have to constantly monitor my stats. Any help would be great! Or should I give up?
I'm really close to giving up. My escalated ticket w/ operations has been open for coming on 2 months. The lurkers looked at it and let me know not to expect a fast turn around time. Still... two months with no update or even acknowledgment is difficult to understand.

Just truly awful customer sat issues. I'm LT Platinum and am giving them this year to sort out the customer sat. I'm also willing to walk away and join another chain or stay in boutique hotels. It's just a hotel.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by FT
I'm really close to giving up. My escalated ticket w/ operations has been open for coming on 2 months. The lurkers looked at it and let me know not to expect a fast turn around time. Still... two months with no update or even acknowledgment is difficult to understand.

Just truly awful customer sat issues. I'm LT Platinum and am giving them this year to sort out the customer sat. I'm also willing to walk away and join another chain or stay in boutique hotels. It's just a hotel.
I ended up writing an email to the bonvoy champion email and they told me that once you’re lifetime Titanium Elite they’re not going to count Platinum years even if you only reach 50 nights in a year...hence why my requalification for 2018 didn’t increment my lifetime Platinum years to 14.
I just hope they don’t introduce another Lifetime tier in the future above Titanium that requires certain years of Platinum, but I was reassured they keep all history..
Old May 25, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTTE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by tamachan

I ended up writing an email to the bonvoy champion email and they told me that once you’re lifetime Titanium Elite they’re not going to count Platinum years even if you only reach 50 nights in a year...hence why my requalification for 2018 didn’t increment my lifetime Platinum years to 14.
I just hope they don’t introduce another Lifetime tier in the future above Titanium that requires certain years of Platinum, but I was reassured they keep all history..
Ive given up as well. I was supposed to be lifetime titanium elite but now ill just have to settle for lifetime platinum elite. Hopefully they will change the lifetime options in the future.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Lifetime year

has anybody with 50, 75 or 100 nights in 2019 seen their lifetime years uptick yet?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:24 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
has anybody with 50, 75 or 100 nights in 2019 seen their lifetime years uptick yet?
Probably not. We are told that this won't happen until early next year.
oopsz likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Probably not. We are told that this won't happen until early next year.

thank you
Old May 28, 2019, 8:36 pm
FT

Originally Posted by FT

So to wrap my piece of this thread up, my lifetime status did change over the weekend to reflect LT Titanium. I didn't receive any kind of official update from my case or a special email so I was (still am) unsure if any more changes coming, but am obviously happy Marriott resolved the issue. I still plan to give them this year to hopefully see an upswing in service and satisfaction issues and will go from there.

Forgot to add that my number of Platinum years, which I expected to show as 10 on the dot actually show 12 which I can't figure out how. That's why I'm not yet sold that this is the end of the case.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:27 am

Lifetime Silver.....??

So, this past weekend I passed the threshold into Lifetime Silver Elite. For this year I am Platinum Elite and let's face it.... That's way better than some 10% bonus.

While I know I'll need my 17 nights to renew platinum by end of calendar year which shouldn't be an issue for me between stays and spend. I have this question:

I have the black "metal-like" Marriott credit card. That gives me 15 nights/year status. How does it work accruing the next years status? do I start at the minimum for LT-Silver? Or do I start at "zero" and I just happen to get the LT Silver "perks"? As a LTSilver, do I loose my Platinum status and benefits of this year? Or, do those both run-simultaneously?

yes- I did review the master thread on this, but did not find the answer I was searching for.

Thank you for your help!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Middleseatguy
So, this past weekend I passed the threshold into Lifetime Silver Elite. For this year I am Platinum Elite and let's face it.... That's way better than some 10% bonus.

While I know I'll need my 17 nights to renew platinum by end of calendar year which shouldn't be an issue for me between stays and spend. I have this question:

I have the black "metal-like" Marriott credit card. That gives me 15 nights/year status. How does it work accruing the next years status? do I start at the minimum for LT-Silver? Or do I start at "zero" and I just happen to get the LT Silver "perks"? As a LTSilver, do I loose my Platinum status and benefits of this year? Or, do those both run-simultaneously?

yes- I did review the master thread on this, but did not find the answer I was searching for.

Thank you for your help!
If you renew your Plat Elite this year, you will get Plat benefits in 2020. LT Silver means you will never drop below Silver benefits. However if you want to strive for a higher level, each year you must requalify while starting at 0, or 15 nights if you have one of the Marriott cards. You would never lose Plat benefits because you have LT Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.