Wiki Posts
Search

How to use SNAs since the merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by supatight80
Has anyone tried to cancel SNA applied reservations made prior to 8/18?

We're the SNAs automatically credited back to the new account? Or are they now stuck in limbo somewhere as they were applied on reservations using the old SPG account numbers?
Several times. SNA returned immediately. You should be fine.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Several times. SNA returned immediately. You should be fine.
I have 2 SNAs stuck in the abyss been over a week now
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:42 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
I have 5 SNAs after merging however i can't seem to figure out how to apply them ?

What i did was to
(1) Input my date and hotel
(2) select the room (picked the cheapest)
(3) Saw the confirmation screen that i can fill up my preferences however i don't see any option to 'apply' SNA

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by xar
I have 5 SNAs after merging however i can't seem to figure out how to apply them ?

What i did was to
(1) Input my date and hotel
(2) select the room (picked the cheapest)
(3) Saw the confirmation screen that i can fill up my preferences however i don't see any option to 'apply' SNA

Thanks.
You need to book the room first, and then view/modify after it is confirmed
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:21 am
xar

Originally Posted by awu25
ok will try. i didnt go as far as confirming it since it may incur charges.

thanks and noted.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:47 am

Can SNA's be used for reward bookings or is it only for paid stays?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Commie
Can SNA's be used for reward bookings or is it only for paid stays?
Definitely can be used for rewards! ^
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by awu25
That really stinks as they are NOT guaranteed suites now, just nicer rooms....

Is there a way to tell what hotel gives you what?

Do I have to book a room at every hotel in the area I want to stay, then try to apply SNA and see which one has the best outcome, then cancel all the other reservations. Seems like a non optimal solution for both myself and Marriott.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Definitely can be used for rewards! ^
I have 2 reservations, one was made before the merger at the Cotton House(part of a travel package), and another after the merger at a Marriott(paid stay) in LA.
On the website, when i click to view the reservations, I see the option to apply the SNA for the Marriott, but when I click on the Cotton House reservation, that SNA option does not appear?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:12 am
xar

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
That really stinks as they are NOT guaranteed suites now, just nicer rooms....

Is there a way to tell what hotel gives you what?

Do I have to book a room at every hotel in the area I want to stay, then try to apply SNA and see which one has the best outcome, then cancel all the other reservations. Seems like a non optimal solution for both myself and Marriott.
Couldn't remember but did the T&Cs from SPG mentioned the word premium rooms?

A. Suite Night Awards may be redeemed for advance confirmable upgrades for select, premium rooms or standard suites on a per room, per night basis, subject to availability and the applicable terms and conditions set forth below for Suite Night Awards:

They should rebrand it as "Best Upgrade Night Awards"
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by xar
Couldn't remember but did the T&Cs from SPG mentioned the word premium rooms?

A. Suite Night Awards may be redeemed for advance confirmable upgrades for select, premium rooms or standard suites on a per room, per night basis, subject to availability and the applicable terms and conditions set forth below for Suite Night Awards:

They should rebrand it as "Best Upgrade Night Awards"
They can call it whatever they want, but if we can't tell what we get until AFTER booking, I am going to have a TON of cancelled bookings.....
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Used my first post-integration SNA for an upcoming stay at the Armenia Marriott Yerevan - fairly straightforward website with all the available room options laid out. Selected two of the four available suites, received a confirmation of the highest-category available suite forty-five minutes later.

Easier than with SPG with a record response, I daresay... although this could easily have been an isolated incident. We shall see in the future...

khabah
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mgeldere
Same problem here. SNA request applied to booking at SPG property in Singapore starting today - nothing happened with it, no news or updates in the 5 days leading up to today and now it seems to have vanished. Not credited back, no upgrade confirmed. Really poor, this is something they should sort out asap - issues starting to impact bookings and stays now.
What hotel and what was the upgrade? Suite or enhanced room? if you don't mind....
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Commie
I have 2 reservations, one was made before the merger at the Cotton House(part of a travel package), and another after the merger at a Marriott(paid stay) in LA.
On the website, when i click to view the reservations, I see the option to apply the SNA for the Marriott, but when I click on the Cotton House reservation, that SNA option does not appear?
Is Autograph Collection one of the excluded brands? I have no other explanation.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I called and applied my SNAs (still can't do it online via SPG due to logon IT issues).

One thing to note - the Plat rep was unable to tell me the SqM of the upgradeable room options (which is usually how I pick). She said that info used to be provided on her screen - but since the merger, it has been removed. Just another friendly change brought to you by Marriotts IT dept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.