Wiki Posts
Search

How to use SNAs since the merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
SNAs actually clearing since merger?

Hi! Has anyone had an SNA clear since this weekend? I have an SNA request in (submitted Pre-merge) which is now 4 days out but I didn’t get the customary email saying ‘we’re working on it’, and the property clearly has the suites available for the entire stay. Just wondering if the SNA system is actually just not running properly?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Nope. Same problem here. I've called the property a few times to inquire and all they keep doing is transferring me to corporate. I spoke to corporate yesterday and the lady ensured me the system is working as designed and everything "looks good" in my reservation.

The problem is my reservation only tells me SNAs are waitlisted on the web. The mobile app doesn't say they are. And the two pending SNAs are showing back in my account during the transition on the 18th.

I think I'm not getting an upgrade which really stinks as there will be four of us in the room.

-RM
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How to use SNAs since the merger

Does anyone know how we're supposed to use SNAs since the merger?

I've got a Starwood property (Sheraton California) reservation coming up that I would like to apply SNAs.

The mobile app says "your SNAs are not eligible on this reservation" (which is a lie). The app also happens to say that for EVERY reservation I have.

The Marriott website redirects me to starwoodhotels.com whenever I click on View/Modify. If I click "Apply for an upgrade" it brings me to the login page. No login works. Not my old SPG#, my new SPG# (from Aug18) or my Marriott Rewards. All logins fails for me on starwoodhotels.com.

So other than calling the elite line how are we supposed to use our SNAs??

Thanks,
RM
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

I've got a Starwood property (Sheraton California) reservation coming up that I would like to apply SNAs.

The mobile app says "your SNAs are not eligible on this reservation" (which is a lie). The app also happens to say that for EVERY reservation I have.

The Marriott website redirects me to starwoodhotels.com whenever I click on View/Modify. If I click "Apply for an upgrade" it brings me to the login page. No login works. Not my old SPG#, my new SPG# (from Aug18) or my Marriott Rewards. All logins fails for me on starwoodhotels.com.

Thanks,
RM
same problem here
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I had my Ambassador do it. I too was stymied every other way (same issue comes up when you try and modify an existing Starwood reservation).

She was able to. But it also took a couple days. And she made clear she can't even touch those existing reservations until next week.

So if the most trained, most responsive Marriott folks can't do this stuff...we don't have a chance.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

Thanks,
RM
Originally Posted by jedison

same problem here
I am having the same problem. Get blocked at the redirected logon page. We have to call if you want to apply until they fix. Lurkers - in case they are unaware of this problem, please escalate to IT. Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Same problem here. I had no email notices re an applied SNA. Called and spoke to Gold and Plat desk during the 5 day window and they said since it shows as "pending" the system was "working on it" and there was nothing that could be done.

At check in FD manager came out to say sorry, they tried to clear it but the systems aren't working properly. They don't know why it wouldn't clear. But they were happy to provide me with the walk up upgrade to a suite and, luckily for me, SNAs are now back in my account waiting to be reapplied to another reservation.

Day after check in got an email saying SNA was denied.

Sadly, no SNAs can be reapplied to future reservations at this time. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30124381 (unless one calls I suppose).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I had my Ambassador do it. I too was stymied every other way (same issue comes up when you try and modify an existing Starwood reservation).

She was able to. But it also took a couple days. And she made clear she can't even touch those existing reservations until next week.

So if the most trained, most responsive Marriott folks can't do this stuff...we don't have a chance.
Not all of us are PPE + Ambassador :-D But glad it got worked out for you.

Sounds like the rest of us PPE and lower peons needs to call the call center.

-RM
MSPeconomist and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Not all of us are PPE + Ambassador :-D But glad it got worked out for you.

Sounds like the rest of us PPE and lower peons needs to call the call center.

-RM
or pound sand
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:49 pm

Can’t redeem Suite Night Awards

Sorry if there was a mega thread I missed but I have a reservation at the St Regis Punta Mita and it’s not letting me use my Suite Night Awards. The new apps are saying it’s not available on my reservation (despite being available last week) and the website says it’s available but takes me to a 404 page when I try it.

Is this just a factor of the merger or is something else going on? I don’t particularly want to spend another hour on hold (even on the Platinum line) to get this done...

edit: turns out the mobile app and website are broken. Awards could be requested without issue on desktop. Requesting the desktop site on mobile does not work.

Last edited by amarine88; Aug 24, 2018 at 4:06 pm Reason: Solved.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Suite Night Awards Question

Apologies as I searched and this came up multiple times, but I couldn't find anything applicable. Probably my own fault. I cannot figure out how to elect or use them. Is it too early in the transition? Just booked an award stay at the St Regis Puerto Rico and wanted to use two suite night awards. Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Too early. At least when I checked earlier today it said “coming soon”. There are a bunch of threads on this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:13 pm

Reported here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ce-merger.html
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by cruisr
Too early. At least when I checked earlier today it said “coming soon”. There are a bunch of threads on this.
Thanks and I am not surprised. So much talk and I couldn't drill down. My own error there.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (Sky Team Elite Plus) / Marriott Ambassador Elite / Singapore Airlines PPS club
Same problem here. SNA request applied to booking at SPG property in Singapore starting today - nothing happened with it, no news or updates in the 5 days leading up to today and now it seems to have vanished. Not credited back, no upgrade confirmed. Really poor, this is something they should sort out asap - issues starting to impact bookings and stays now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.