Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Platinum Premiers: is your status showing up everywhere?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Platinum Premiers: is your status showing up everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I was able to merge my accounts with no issue and the correct points total is showing. I opted to keep the Marriott number as opposed to the Starwood number, even though I am legacy Starwood. Today, under my activity, I see 750 nights, on the iPhone app, 13 years as Platinum, but the years Platinum is not showing on the website. Neither is showing Lifetime Platinum Premier, but they may not be doing that yet for Starwood people coming over.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Same here now - Lifetime status now shows - all looks good.

Another issue I have had since the merged sites, is that at the top of the overview for you account, it says:

Is this your mobile phone number: +1-XXXXXXXXXX
Choose Yes, or No, update phone number.

If I choose Yes - it texts me with a code, when I type it in I get a message on the overview screen of:
Please correct the following and try again.
Phone country code is missing
But Clearly the +1 country code is correct for USA.

If I say no, and just re-save the number, I get same result.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mine got messed up overnight. As a legacy MR LTP, my lifetime status had been showing as LTPP on both the MR and SPG websites, but this morning I'm only LTP on SPG (which is what my lifetime status had been in the SPG program).

Today I'm only PP on the SPG side but correctly PPwithAmb on MR. Yesterday it was correct and consistent.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
Same here now - Lifetime status now shows - all looks good.

Another issue I have had since the merged sites, is that at the top of the overview for you account, it says:

Is this your mobile phone number: +1-XXXXXXXXXX
Choose Yes, or No, update phone number.

If I choose Yes - it texts me with a code, when I type it in I get a message on the overview screen of:
Please correct the following and try again.
Phone country code is missing
But Clearly the +1 country code is correct for USA.

If I say no, and just re-save the number, I get same result.
I ran into that one a couple days ago. It was showing my whole number with the +1, but still insisted I was missing a country code.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I just logged in a few minutes ago, and my status is still wrong. I am listed as LTP instead of LTPP.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
I ran into that one a couple days ago. It was showing my whole number with the +1, but still insisted I was missing a country code.
Did you find a way to clear it?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Verbage on how Lifetime status will be determined

Does anyone have the verbage claryfing how Lifetime ststus will be determined? Their email that went out a few months ago made me believe that I would be Lifetime Plat Premier with 860+ nights and 13 or so years as Platinum but I am only showing as regular Plat.

Did things change of late in determining lifetime status?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Does anyone have the verbage claryfing how Lifetime ststus will be determined? Their email that went out a few months ago made me believe that I would be Lifetime Plat Premier with 860+ nights and 13 or so years as Platinum but I am only showing as regular Plat.

Did things change of late in determining lifetime status?
Based on your stats beside your post, you seem to be SPG legacy. The SPG LTPP won't be processed until January. All of the people with LTPP right now earned it from Marriott Rewards. Although, I earned LTPP through MR, and it is showing as LTP anyway.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jeanie
I just logged in a few minutes ago, and my status is still wrong. I am listed as LTP instead of LTPP.
If it doesn't matter for any in-property benefits right now (points can be corrected later), I'd just watch and wait. It's not worth fighting Starriott right now unless you clearly stand to gain in the interim if you win and they make corrections instantly.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by jeanie
Based on your stats beside your post, you seem to be SPG legacy. The SPG LTPP won't be processed until January. All of the people with LTPP right now earned it from Marriott Rewards. Although, I earned LTPP through MR, and it is showing as LTP anyway.
That seems to be the case. One of the FAQs at FAQ ? Marriott Members is:

Question:
IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?
Answer:
Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
So someone who was Marriott LTP becomes Lifetime Platinum Premier instantly. And legacy SPG members have a chance to get to the 750 by the end of the year.

But apparently members who are already SPG LTP and have over 750 combined nights but not Marriott LTP status also have to wait until January. Right? The only caveat would be if 750 in the FAQ answer referred to legacy SPG nights rather than combined nights, but that can't be the case, can it?

This is the case with me -- I have over 1,000 combined nights and was SPG LTP but Marriott LT Silver. I wonder why they didn't just make people like me LTPP instantly if they were intending to do so? Easier perhaps to capture people who achieve it in the next four months and do a single sweep? Makes me a bit nervous that the verbiage isn't quite reflecting what they intended.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
Did you find a way to clear it?
No, but a day later when I logged in again I was no longer getting the error.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Status correctly shows as LTPPE and current PPE everywhere I can find it on website and mobile app. Only glitch I find is that linking to benefits from the app still points to Plat benefits.

I have also gotten the missing country code error all three times I have tried to verify my mobile phone number since 8/18. Latest one this morning.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by hhoope01
When I first login, the main splash page still says "Platinum Elite", but when I go to my "Overview", the sliding pop-up page and my account Overview page all say PP. So it looks like everything is showing my PP status, except that initial login page.
same here. Everything else on website and app correctly shows LTPP.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Although Marriott stated that the SPGLPT10+750+ will be grandfathered at the end of the year, "imagine" if they reneged and yanked the LPPE grandfathering from the SPG side... (How dare I even say such a thing!)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:31 pm

My status still shows as LTP when it should read LTPP. An agent filed a work order for IT to manually go in and adjust my status to LTPP. He said it should take a couple of weeks. My guess is that it could take longer. But he did verify that my account shows that I did have over 750 MR nights and 2 million legacy MR points. The fact he verified that makes me feel a bit better.

Because of this, I finally went ahead and merged my MR and SPG accounts. It went smoothly. After the accounts merged, my lifetime status is still wrong. But if IT is going to manually change my lifetime status, this means they only have to change the merged account now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.