FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Lifetime Platinum Premiers: is your status showing up everywhere? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1926869-lifetime-platinum-premiers-your-status-showing-up-everywhere.html)

mab Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Do all (previous program) plat premiers get 2018 ambassadors?

I've been (old program, double-secret-probation-level) Marriott Platinum Premier for the last 3 or so years, but was not part of the Marriott pilot ambassador program. I noticed today on the app that I'm now (new) Platinum Premier + Ambassador, with 110 nights + $19928 spend this year, $72 short of this year's ambassador qualification (I'll go over that as soon as two missing stays post, but they haven't posted yet). I'm pretty sure my activity last year (with Marriott) was > 100 days and $20K spend, with almost no Starwood activity, but they didn't (publicly) track spend, so I'm not absolutely sure.

So I wonder why it has me as an ambassador already this year. Is it it because all (old program) PP's were given ambassador status, or is it based on my 2017 activity?

In other words, did any (old program) PPs here NOT get 2018 ambassador status with the merger? (ed: I typo'd 2019 in the title, I meant 2018). [Fixed by moderator.]

Just wonderinghttps://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...af32fc6988.jpg

TomBrady Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm

I got it for the rest of the year too.

Jon Maiman Aug 19, 2018 8:17 pm

I also got it for the rest of the year. I haven't tracked my total year to date spend but I am pretty sure it is much less than $20K (though still significant ~$10-12K).

--Jon

yeunganson Aug 20, 2018 3:06 am

A friend got 5 Star + Ambassador on the Marriott account with the Android App. So not sure what that is because it's not Plat Premier Elite

Wickersley Aug 20, 2018 3:18 am

I too was grandfather into Ambassador, although at this time it's not showing my YTD spend.

Currently at 101 nights (of which 53 were roll over, so I expect that is the issue)

I can't see me reaching $20,000 spend this year in any event.

njcommodore Aug 20, 2018 6:27 am

I’m a Marriott PP and LTPP. Was wondering I was showing Ambassador, this makes sense. I was chalking it up to an. IT glitch related to the merger.

Score8 Aug 20, 2018 8:45 am

I had 88 nights in Marriott and like 30 something in SPG. It shows that I am Platinum Premier (which i was not pre-merged accounts). I would qualify as a combined LTPP with combined accounts, but it only shows 88 nights and $0 spend toward Ambassador. Oh, and none of my SPG points have transferred.

kauppias Aug 20, 2018 11:11 am

Originally Posted by yeunganson (Post 30104173)
A friend got 5 Star + Ambassador on the Marriott account with the Android App. So not sure what that is because it's not Plat Premier Elite

I had the same thing today but it allready changed back to PP+Amb :) too too bad that was exciting for 4 hours

hxzhu Aug 21, 2018 1:55 am

When can I expect to get the LTPP status?

I merged my SPG and Marriott accounts today. Now I have 783 lifetime nights and 11 platinum elite years. However, my lifetime status is stilling showing "Lifetime Platinum Elite" but not "Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite". The question is, when can I expect to get the LTPP status?

mvitale Aug 21, 2018 5:35 am

Since you are qualifying for LTPP under the combined program rules (years as platinum + nights), you can expect to be bumped to LTPP sometime in January 2019.

-mvitale

MSPeconomist Aug 21, 2018 5:45 am

Originally Posted by hxzhu (Post 30108928)
I merged my SPG and Marriott accounts today. Now I have 783 lifetime nights and 11 platinum elite years. However, my lifetime status is stilling showing "Lifetime Platinum Elite" but not "Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite". The question is, when can I expect to get the LTPP status?

January.

jfulcher Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am

Crazy they can't do this now. Combined 20 years Platinum & 1100 nights. Was at 690 and 12 years before I combined accounts.

tods27 Aug 21, 2018 7:39 am

Originally Posted by jfulcher (Post 30109841)
Crazy they can't do this now. Combined 20 years Platinum & 1100 nights. Was at 690 and 12 years before I combined accounts.

I'm sure they could do this now, but when they announced you could get LTPP this year by combining nights and years, they also said that you would be notified in January. They seem to be sticking to that plan.

phltraveler Aug 21, 2018 7:46 am

Originally Posted by tods27 (Post 30109858)
I'm sure they could do this now, but when they announced you could get LTPP this year by combining nights and years, they also said that you would be notified in January. They seem to be sticking to that plan.

My guess is they're going to do a batch job one time, and doing it in early January to ensure all of 2018 activity is considered as activity up to Dec 31st may be make-or-break for qualifying on both the nights and points. Particularly because someone who qualified under the legacy SPG account and MR account before 08/18 who didn't combine might qualify with two years of plat status within 2018 rather than one by qualifying for plat within each program this year.

bosman Aug 21, 2018 7:59 am

Originally Posted by tods27 (Post 30109858)
I'm sure they could do this now,

I wouldn't be too sure of this. Remember, the nights and combined years qualification was a late addition to their plan. I assume they had the IT solve in place for the original plan, but couldn't pull it off in August for the additional scenario, so put out the January, 2019 date. I also agree that it likely will be a "batch" run that they don't want to do more than once, so doing it in January means they get all qualifiers based on 2018 year-end stats.