Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HHQX888
How many of these accepted BRG's are on prepay rate ?
As Keyser from almost 100% to 30% and main problem is I can't safely complain prepay rates.
I have done pre-paid recently ... was too good to pass up and I knew I needed the stay. You have 24 hours to cancel if the BRG does not go through.
Hotel charged the original price immediately and I then got a refund after the stay ... worked for me.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by tfong007
Its actually very easy to find lower rates. The trick for me is to use a German page that does everything in Euros. Were all the taxes are rolled into the price that shows up. I check it once a day and usually within ten days you are bound to get something lower.
It's really depending on which hotels, some are simply immune to LNFs, there's always a reason to shoot you down. I have been monitoring a hotel I need to stay for 6 months and it's impossible to LNF that one.

Got one approved for a hotel in Germany last week, so far for me it's 25-30% LNF.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:59 pm

Next stone, why this program is dead :

Claim rejectet, reason - 'Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored. Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation.'

We will came to this island late in night and we want take cheap Aloft only for one night, next four nights we want go to Ritz-Carlton and then next two days to St.Regis and on last two days we want go to different hotel with beach. Whats happen, I put claim on our last two days in Ritz-Carlton it was rejected but I call and than aproved on price 330EUR with taxes - 25% (hotel was 450EUR), next day I see that for our four nights I can find even better price and Ritz-Carlton was on price 237EUR with taxes - 25% this give price around 188EUR (hotel was 450EUR) and St.Regis found price 361EUR this -25% give us 288 (hotel price 440). And answer they treats this stay as one 8 night (they don't know about first night stay). All claims was on prepay rates and all -25%, no points.

Again I call to LNF and rude staff told me no, we will look at this case as one long stay, I told for me is not problem cancel this two last days aprovedby LNF in Ritz-Carlton if you aprove this 2-4 nigth in Ritz-Carlton and next 2 nights in St. Regis. This is bed for customers which as we want stay 3-5nights in one hotel and then change to next near.
If I will book on booking.com, I will not have any benefits but my stays will be calculated on my year night counter ?

Last edited by HHQX888; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
It's a game. It has always been a game. You just gotta keep banging on them. The staff they have now are 100% incompetent. If you submit enough claims, eventually they will get approved. As with all garbage service providers, you gotta keep calling and emailing till you get an agent that will make it happen. It's sad that Marriott has reached this low level of customer service. It has become no different from dealing with a credit card or cell phone company. You just have to be patient and keep trying. Don't give up!!!!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:49 pm

Next stone, why this program is dead :

Claim rejectet, reason - 'Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored. Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation.'
This is clearly indicated in the T&Cs for the LNF program. And it’s not even new. You might not like this condition, but these ate the rules you have to play with. Blocking LNF claims for multiple stays in the same area was designed to prevent people from hotel-hopping just to claim several LNF 5k rewards in the same week. They are now applying that policy to the 25%-off reward as well. It makes little sense, but it is nonetheless clearly provided for in the T&Cs.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:53 pm

Under SPG BRG we have limited BRG with 2000points per 7days in this same city, now what is 'in the same geographic location' 5km...50km ???
Al Maha Luxury Collection belong to Dubai or Abu Dhabi or UAE ??? If I have on my short holidays in UAE one LNF aproved I can't do any more as I did before under SPG.
For me this time to find BRG is loosing time if we plan our holidays in half year ahead or more on flex price I don't know excactly which hotels I want visit this can change under the influence of hotel opinion or BRG's.

If I will do LNF on prapay price for example Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong on 1-8.NOV.2019 (7x500EUR=3500UR) and have aproved LNF on price 250EUR, why I must sponsor this corporate on amount 1750EUR till end of year and this is only one of my holidays trips ?

@ MePlatPremier : maybe from your Marripot side this BRG is live, but for me from SPG side is totaly dead. I don't want stick with one hotel on 10nights or if my son want came with us I can't make another claim for second room later. This nonsense.

Last edited by HHQX888; Mar 3, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
This is clearly indicated in the T&Cs for the LNF program. And it’s not even new. You might not like this condition, but these ate the rules you have to play with. Blocking LNF claims for multiple stays in the same area was designed to prevent people from hotel-hopping just to claim several LNF 5k rewards in the same week. They are now applying that policy to the 25%-off reward as well. It makes little sense, but it is nonetheless clearly provided for in the T&Cs.
It is totally crazy, I arrive aon a flight at 23:00 into Bologne, was going to do the AC there before getting the train for St. Regis Florence the next day but decided to do teh AC in Florence instead. I will get to the hotel at about 1am and as such no appeal in paying the St.R for that nightso put a claim in for the AC and it got declined for the same reason, apparently the stay is treated as one.

What really annoys me is that th St.R isnt even available for that night should I want to book it and secondly the St.R isnt a LNF claim its a fully paid rate! So I am dropping over $1k over 3 days and they reject my claim as the consider 1 night in the AC Marriott and 2 at the St.R as somehow abusing the program!

The policy clearly states that its at their discretion so common sense could prevail and not annoy a customer who has pretty much hit the spend threshold to renewal Ambassador and already at 30 plus nights! I have raised a complaint, pretty sure it will get me nowhere as what is becoming evident is Marriott really hasn't got a clue on how to look after customers, they simply play a volume game with a very low level of customer service!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:52 pm

Under SPG BRG we have limited BRG with 2000points per 7days in this same city, now what is 'in the same geographic location' 5km...50km ???
Al Maha Luxury Collection belong to Dubai or Abu Dhabi or UAE ??? If I have on my short holidays in UAE one LNF aproved I can't do any more as I did before under SPG.
For me this time to find BRG is loosing time if we plan our holidays in half year ahead or more on flex price I don't know excactly which hotels I want visit this can change under the influence of hotel opinion or BRG's.

If I will do LNF on prapay price for example Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong on 1-8.NOV.2019 (7x500EUR=3500UR) and have aproved LNF on price 250EUR, why I must sponsor this corporate on amount 1750EUR till end of year and this is only one of my holidays trips ?

@ MePlatPremier : maybe from your Marripot side this BRG is live, but for me from SPG side is totaly dead. I don't want stick with one hotel on 10nights or if my son want came with us I can't make another claim for second room later. This nonsense.
I come from the SPG side, never stayed at a Marriott property before 2017 and am pretty satisfied with the merger and the new LNF program. 90% of my stays are LNF rates and I have been getting great deals, much better than what I got with SPG and, might I add, within terrific response times. MR LNF staff are not nice or friendly, I’ll grant you that—but I don’t care, I want them to be effective and efficient and in my experience they beat SPG BRG in those aspects. In any event, I just realize I need to play by their rules while I’m ok with them. When I’m not I’ll just move on and stay somewhere else. LNF is gonna end soon anyway.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:54 pm

(duplicated)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
It is totally crazy, I arrive aon a flight at 23:00 into Bologne, was going to do the AC there before getting the train for St. Regis Florence the next day but decided to do teh AC in Florence instead. I will get to the hotel at about 1am and as such no appeal in paying the St.R for that nightso put a claim in for the AC and it got declined for the same reason, apparently the stay is treated as one.

What really annoys me is that th St.R isnt even available for that night should I want to book it and secondly the St.R isnt a LNF claim its a fully paid rate! So I am dropping over $1k over 3 days and they reject my claim as the consider 1 night in the AC Marriott and 2 at the St.R as somehow abusing the program!

The policy clearly states that its at their discretion so common sense could prevail and not annoy a customer who has pretty much hit the spend threshold to renewal Ambassador and already at 30 plus nights! I have raised a complaint, pretty sure it will get me nowhere as what is becoming evident is Marriott really hasn't got a clue on how to look after customers, they simply play a volume game with a very low level of customer service!
If you go for 25% it should be fine but if you went for the points in one hotel, it’s once per 7 days in that town/city.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:13 pm

Just read posts above: is it really being applied to 25% discount re 7-day rule? That would be silly.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I come from the SPG side, never stayed at a Marriott property before 2017 and am pretty satisfied with the merger and the new LNF program. 90% of my stays are LNF rates and I have been getting great deals, much better than what I got with SPG and, might I add, within terrific response times. MR LNF staff are not nice or friendly, I’ll grant you that—but I don’t care, I want them to be effective and efficient and in my experience they beat SPG BRG in those aspects. In any event, I just realize I need to play by their rules while I’m ok with them. When I’m not I’ll just move on and stay somewhere else. LNF is gonna end soon anyway.
I have found the LNF team to be very nice and professional. Only once did I find an agent to be snippy and nasty and that was years ago.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

If you go for 25% it should be fine but if you went for the points in one hotel, it’s once per 7 days in that town/city.
No, in my case and again by phone reviewed. I had answer does not matter you have 5000points or -25% discount for a period of one week only one claim in 'in the same geographic location'

@
YoungBubbie : you know I don't need test SPG BGR staffs that they are nice and professional , all was done by web form and email and for 8 years maybe I must call to BRG office three times.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:15 pm

[QUOTE=HHQX888;30843847]No, in my case and again by phone reviewed. I had answer does not matter you have 5000points or -25% discount for a period of one week only one claim in [B] 'in the same geographic location'

Do you know when this change in policy came into force? I've had no problems with this, for example, I have a 4-night stay in Bangkok, followed by another 4-night stay after 4 nights in Phuket, which would make the 2nd 4-nights in Bangkok ineligible. I just had these nights approved last week so they would have known I already had 4 nights approved within 7 days. I think the reason why they didn't care about the 7-day rule for the 25% was because it's so difficult to implement / verify. If you stay at a property and opted for the points, they can verify after your stay then deny you those points, however, with the 25%, they can't claw back the rate! Also, why would it matter if you switched hotels in the same location because another hotel had a better rate? I don't think that goes against the rules.

I guess we'll have to see if there are any other examples of this being implemented.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I understand getting only one 5000pt claim within 7 days in the same city.
but if one can't do 2 different hotel claim to get 25%. That's ridiculous.
yule_boy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.