Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
So I just had a claim got semi-approved. Yes, Semi-Approved.

What the BRG team did is that they checked day by day for the claim submitted (the claim was 13 nights), and approved the nights that were less on the competing website. However, the nights that were less on Marriott.com were not approved. This doesn't make any sense as the daily rate as a 13 night package would be different than on a nightly basis.

Has anyone experienced such a process?
I've experienced this with a Marriott claim, pre-merger.

Originally Posted by escape4
Makes no sense at all. Otherwise any hotel could artificially decide that rates are 2x, 0, 2x, 0, 2x, 0, 2x, 0 alternatively for each night of a stay and therefore any LNF will only be valid for half of the nights?

I think the only thing that should matter is the total rate for the entire stay, regardless how they decided to break it down by night.
If the hotel did that then you would enjoy the LNF rate on the 2x nights and pay 0 on the alternate nights which sounds pretty good to me. Also if those are the published rates then people could book 0 individual night rooms.

While I agree that comparing the average rates is simpler logistically, the flip side would be I think it's possible to construct cases where, depending on length of stay, a partial BRG could be available but would not succeed if the rate were averaged.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:27 pm

Did a LNF earlier today, however the OTA site does not have the rate anymore. Can they still verify it or do I need to provide screenshots?

Also, not related to the previous question, but is it possible to LNF a Ritz Reserve?

Last edited by Too_Fly1; Feb 24, 2019 at 9:41 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Did a LNF earlier today, however the OTA site does not have the rate anymore. Can they still verify it or do I need to provide screenshots?

Also, not related to the previous question, but is it possible to LNF a Ritz Reserve?
Screenshots not accepted. If the rate disappears so does the LNF.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:35 pm

Hi, I'm new here. Booked a Marriott property yesterday with advanced purchase rate, but today the priced dropped significantly. Since it's non-refundable, I can not cancel and rebook. If I do BRG claim, I believe they would not compare yesterday's rate with what I found outside Marriott website. Anyway for Marriott to match today's rate?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by kimichan1987
Hi, I'm new here. Booked a Marriott property yesterday with advanced purchase rate, but today the priced dropped significantly. Since it's non-refundable, I can not cancel and rebook. If I do BRG claim, I believe they would not compare yesterday's rate with what I found outside Marriott website. Anyway for Marriott to match today's rate?
you have 24 hours to cancel even an apr I believe
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
you have 24 hours to cancel even an apr I believe
Be careful about that assuming. Some properties do not offer 24 hour cancellation like for instance JW Marriott HK Renaissance HK, Marriott SkyCity etc. 24h/1 day free cancellation needs to be in the cancellation terms when you're making the reservation.

​​​​​
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Be careful about that assuming. Some properties do not offer 24 hour cancellation like for instance JW Marriott HK Renaissance HK, Marriott SkyCity etc. 24h/1 day free cancellation needs to be in the cancellation terms when you're making the reservation.

​​​​​
Good point -- and one that I wasn't aware of - but I was suggesting the post I was responding to check this out
Just another gotcha that BV is offering us!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:50 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by joakgarp

​​​​​
Unfortunately mine can not be cancelled. Did not know rate can drop almost 20% after one day.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You can still submit a new Best Rate guarantee claim within 24 hours so if the rate drops on third party websites too, put in a new claim.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

You can still submit a new Best Rate guarantee claim within 24 hours so if the rate drops on third party websites too, put in a new claim.
Thanks for the tips. Do I need to convert the foreign currency to US dollar when I file for BRG? The third party website is showing US dollar, but When I book from Marriott, it was Thai Baht.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks for the tips. Do I need to convert the foreign currency to US dollar when I file for BRG? The third party website is showing US dollar, but When I book from Marriott, it was Thai Baht.
they will do the conversion for you. Also, check on the cancellation details in your Email receipt ... it is almost always 'till the following day'. If you are close ... call it on rather than cancelling online.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
they will do the conversion for you. Also, check on the cancellation details in your Email receipt ... it is almost always 'till the following day'. If you are close ... call it on rather than cancelling online.
Thank you! My reservation is for two days. Should I put the average rate (same rate for two days) or the total rate for two days?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

This won't work. LNF team will look at current OTA price and compare it to current Marriott website price.

kimichan1987, welcome to FT. Your best bet is to contact the hotel directly. They have the capacity to adjust your price. At the very worst, they might offer you a credit for the difference which you can spend inhouse.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
This won't work. LNF team will look at current OTA price and compare it to current Marriott website price.

kimichan1987, welcome to FT. Your best bet is to contact the hotel directly. They have the capacity to adjust your price. At the very worst, they might offer you a credit for the difference which you can spend inhouse.
I think it would work if both the Marriott price and OTA price shifted downwards, as long as OTA price is still lower than Marriott.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
Good point -- and one that I wasn't aware of - but I was suggesting the post I was responding to check this out
Just another gotcha that BV is offering us!
Yeah I almost fell into the same trap myself when I was about to file a BRG for an APR without the 24h cancellation. Fortunately these kind of terms are not so very common and I found another property in HK that was offering the right cancellation rights, Sheraton Towers HK, so I booked my nights with them instead.
I even emailed JW HK and asked why they are not offering 24 hour cancellation on their APR rates like all other Marriott properties do and they replied back stating the obvious "As different rate maybe with different cancellation policy, for 30 days member advance purchase rate offered above, it is not allowed to cancelled or changed after booking. Thank you for your understanding."

"Thank you for your understanding" lol

Last edited by joakgarp; Feb 26, 2019 at 11:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.