Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:47 am

It’s an obnoxity to submit a LNF claim under one’s MR membership number (and earn points and get Elite treatment for that stay) and yet expect the member rate available online not to be used for comparison with the competing rate.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
But some OTA sites they might offer an “insider” or members rate ( membership is free) and those rates are ineligible for comparison as they are not publicly available for all.
That wasn't the case with SPG BRG. If membership was free, that was considered a valid competitive rate.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

It’s an obnoxity to submit a LNF claim under one’s MR membership number (and earn points and get Elite treatment for that stay) and yet expect the member rate available online not to be used for comparison with the competing rate.
So, submit LNF claim without being signed in and for a reservation that doesn't have the Marriott Rewards number attached ?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
So, submit LNF claim without being signed in and for a reservation that doesn't have the Marriott Rewards number attached ?
That would make more sense. Just waive points, EQNs and Elite perks in that case.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

That would make more sense. Just waive points, EQNs and Elite perks in that case.
I would contact the hotel and have them attach my Marriott rewards number after my LNF claim is approved
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I would contact the hotel and have them attach my Marriott rewards number after my LNF claim is approved
I feel like you're completely missing the point of what is being said. You can't have it both ways. The way Marriott tries to have the lowest price available is via the member pricing.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I feel like you're completely missing the point of what is being said. You can't have it both ways. The way Marriott tries to have the lowest price available is via the member pricing.
I can have it both ways, that's what tricks and travel hacking are for.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I can have it both ways, that's what tricks and travel hacking are for.
Then how did your BRG get denied lmao. No need to post about it here if you've got magic tricks.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Miles&More
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Hotel Name: Courtyard Green Community Dubai
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1565 aed for 2 days with free cancellation
Actual Approved Rate: 691 aed flexible
Comments: Rate includes breakfast so no need to use the plat amenity.

Hotel Name: Aloft Bangkok
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 7,380 thb for 2 days with free cancellation
Actual Approved Rate: 5,007 thb flexible
Comments: Was looking 4 weeks ago and rates were over 3,500 for prepaid so was happy to get free cancellation for 1,000 less and it will add another brand for the promo.
which provider you found this rate?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:16 am

Not sure but I thought the old SPG BRG program a person could put in a BRG if there was a 3rd party rate found even if the hotel showed no availability? Am I wrong....I didn't use it myself for a BRG if that was the case.
I notice a location with 3rd party rates but the location shows sold out? Is this something that can be done now with the merge.........I am assuming, probably not.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Not sure but I thought the old SPG BRG program a person could put in a BRG if there was a 3rd party rate found even if the hotel showed no availability? Am I wrong....I didn't use it myself for a BRG if that was the case.
I notice a location with 3rd party rates but the location shows sold out? Is this something that can be done now with the merge.........I am assuming, probably not.
New rules ... can’t submit a LNF without a reservation.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Hotel Name: Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Arrival Date: 19 November 2018
Departure Date: 20 November 2018
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Guestroom with two Queen beds
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $170.00 (+ tax)
Competing Rate: $130.30 (+ tax)
Actual Approved Rate: $90.49 (+ tax)
Comments: Took the discount, which was a no brainier. I hate the fact that the SLS no longer exists, so I hope this is a decent stay.
Where did you find the competing rate for the Cosmopolitan?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Definitely getting more tedious, but still worth the effort.

Recently booked 3-night stay at the JW Singapore ... 50% savings on rate, but they changed it to non-refundable ... they accepted the tax included price though w/o hassle
Recently booked 1-night stay in NYC ... $5 savings ($106 --> $101) so took the 5k points. Took 3 run-arounds because comparison rate included tax. Finally got it approved and the non-refundable rate became refundable ...
xar likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
..........Took 3 run-arounds because comparison rate included tax. Finally got it approved and the non-refundable rate became refundable ...
Did you call LNF or email back after initial rejection?

I called LNF after a strange rejection. The phone agent was nice and could not explain why it was rejected. Nevertheless, he said LNF cannot be re-processed over the phone. I need to email LNF team. it seems to me that the only thing LNF phone agent can do is to explain why a claim was rejected.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
If you respond to one of the emails do they respond back or is there a separate email address that you need to write to. They merged two of my bookings when I actually wanted to have a new booking for different dates and cancel the old booking but I havent received a response from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.