Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:26 am

I just thought I would share. I was surprised it was approved so quickly.

Hotel Name: Courtyard Shin-Osaka Station
Date of stay: Dec 12-15
Number of Guests:2
Room Type: 2 Twin
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 88,197JPY Total (22,540JPY + 20,900JPY + 29,450JPY Nightly)
Competing Rate:82,400JPY Total (22,800JPY per Night)
Actual Approved Rate:
62,073JPY Total (17,100JPY per Night)
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've been doing a back & forth dance with the brg team over the last 4 days....there are 2 third party websites that display a $270 a night rate for a property in manhattan for later this month....the marriott website is selling the same room for $328....i file the claim during the day when the $270 rate is available & by the time the brg team replies its late in the evening & the lower rate is gone....then the lower rate comes back on the third party websites the following morning....

after getting rejected 3 times, i filed a 4th claim in the evening when the rate was not available, expecting it to come back the following morning....it did, but i still received the brg reply late in the evening when the rate was once again missing....

extremely frustrating as i can still see the lower rate right now....
Hotel Name: the times square edition....
Arrival Date: 3 nights in november....
Number of Rooms: 1....
Number of Guests: 1....
Room Type: king guest room....
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 322.00 plus taxes per night....
Competing Rate: $262.00 plus taxes per night....
Competing Web Site: ....
Actual Approved Rate: $196.50 plus taxes per night....
LNF Award: 25% off....
Comments: got lucky on the 5th day....the rate was still available on the 3rd party website at the time i could call in & have the brg desk review the rejected claim....the agent confirmed that the rate was available & she approved the claim....a couple of hours later i was curious if the rate was still available on the 3rd party website & just as i suspected, the rate has once again disappeared....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Hello just looking for some advice, I have completed many IHG BRGs, handful of Hilton and now Marriott also but never come across this situation. I submitted a Claim for a 3-night stay (1 booking for clarity), totalling approx. 13000 ZAR at the 15 on orange cape town hotel. Received a positive response accepting the claim for a comparable rate totalling 12644 rand.

It is also important to note, as many might be aware some OTAs have multiple instances for the same hotel and there was indeed a lower comparable at 11 924, however they decided to compare against the higher 12644 rate which was listed even though I defined the lower one.

Back to the point of the acceptance, they approved the rate for the first 2 nights only (-25%) but for the 3rd night they stated this was lower than what I had submitted and therefore wouldn’t change. Can anyone clarify this is correct, I thought the whole idea was to compare the 3 nights against the 3 nights?

I will aim to call them to discuss the former point, of them comparing against the wrong rate anyway, but wanted to ensure my understanding was correct when comparing for 3 nights in total and not individual nights.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Back to the point of the acceptance, they approved the rate for the first 2 nights only (-25%) but for the 3rd night they stated this was lower than what I had submitted and therefore wouldn’t change. Can anyone clarify this is correct, I thought the whole idea was to compare the 3 nights against the 3 nights?
Welcome to Marriott! That’s how they do their BRGs. And don’t even think of breaking up your BRG into 2 separate reservations. They’ll combine them for you and calculate the price on the average of the 3 nights.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Welcome to Marriott! That’s how they do their BRGs. And don’t even think of breaking up your BRG into 2 separate reservations. They’ll combine them for you and calculate the price on the average of the 3 nights.
Thanks for confirming, I shall go forth and query the rationale of comparing the higher rate and not the lower , which funnily enough prob would be lower then the 3rd night too!!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by shcboomer
I just thought I would share. I was surprised it was approved so quickly.

Hotel Name: Courtyard Shin-Osaka Station
Date of stay: Dec 12-15
Number of Guests:2
Room Type: 2 Twin
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 88,197JPY Total (22,540JPY + 20,900JPY + 29,450JPY Nightly)
Competing Rate:82,400JPY Total (22,800JPY per Night)
Actual Approved Rate:
62,073JPY Total (17,100JPY per Night)
Consider yourself lucky as the agent here made an error. only the 3rd night is brg'able. the 1st two nights dont qualify
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Consider yourself lucky as the agent here made an error. only the 3rd night is brg'able. the 1st two nights dont qualify
I agree with you. I was surprised it was approved. I think they took the average instead of doing the per night calculation.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
got another rejection today for a 2 night stay next week....i found a lower rate on agoda....the room type being offered on agoda was sold out on marriott....so i booked the lowest available room on marriott & explained the situation in the comments section....here is the explanation i received for the denied claim:

I looked at Agoda.com to see if I could locate the rate you referenced at $218.00 USD. This rate was not an option to select. The lowest rate found for the one Double Bed Guest room on the competing website is the same rate provided on our website and what you have secured on your official Marriott reservation. The Single Twin room on Agoda.com is a lower rate, however, the dimensions of this room does not match the dimensions of what you have booked and is not the rate you are referencing. Agoda tends to create different names for the rooms they provide on their website, so we always verify room dimensions to ensure it is not the same room.

Mr. Keyser, since I cannot locate a lower rate for the room type you secured on our website; I am unable to approve your claim. My apology for any frustration you may have experienced as a result of our investigations. Thank you for your loyalty as an Elite Marriott Bonvoy member.
so basically what they are saying is that if a particular room type is sold out on marriott but is available on the third party website then we are out of luck, even if the rate is lower....i miss the old spg days....
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
got another rejection today for a 2 night stay next week....i found a lower rate on agoda....the room type being offered on agoda was sold out on marriott....so i booked the lowest available room on marriott & explained the situation in the comments section....here is the explanation i received for the denied claim:

so basically what they are saying is that if a particular room type is sold out on marriott but is available on the third party website then we are out of luck, even if the rate is lower....i miss the old spg days....
For some reason I thought Agoda went belly up?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
was working till last night....
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
You're thinking of Amoma
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Yes, Amoma went belly up, alas as it was a much better source of BRGs than Agoda!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

That's incorrect. Sounds like you got a legacy Marriott agent. Call and try to speak to a legacy SPG agent. They'll fix it for you.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
That's incorrect. Sounds like you got a legacy Marriott agent. Call and try to speak to a legacy SPG agent. They'll fix it for you.
i called....the agent said she would take a look & then got back to me about an hour ago saying that the room type available on agoda does not exist so its not possible to book the same on marriott....agoda classifies it as a single twin room while marriott classifies the same room as a one double bed guest room....they are basically the same thing but the brg team is denying the claim even though agoda is selling a room that is much cheaper ($132) than the lowest priced room on marriott ($218)....
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Agoda / Priceline / Booking.com are the same company and usually offer the same rates.

I find it easier to just re-submit the BRG using one of the other OTAs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.