Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:06 am

Reply again asking to please check again as it’s still there. Explain again in detail how you found and also what device you used.

Same thing just happened to me and next time they were able to find it.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Let the cock-up continue. Just finished a stay with an approved brg rate. However I was charged the preadjusted rate. Now I gotta waste more time trying to get the difference refunded. What a cluster.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Thanks. Well, I did that straight away; but this is going to take another 24hrs before they will look at it. I was hoping one could call them up somehow. Never mind - we'll see.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
I got a very strange rejection based on that I had other already approved LNF claims in the same city at other hotels within the same week. And no I was not claiming the 5K points.
They quoted this part of the T&C:

"Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored. Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation."

My understanding is that this is to stop people for getting 5K points by jumping hotels.

In fact this means that you cannot claim LNF rate within the same city unless your stays are more than one week apart ... I hate when these people try to pretend to be lawyers ...

Thats a new one. Never heard of that before. As a matter of fact I just made a successful claim for a hotel that I already had an LNF. Same time just one shorter day.
And that’s with 2 other reservations at different hotels day before in same city.
Am undecided where I want to stay.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Thats a new one. Never heard of that before. As a matter of fact I just made a successful claim for a hotel that I already had an LNF. Same time just one shorter day.
And that’s with 2 other reservations at different hotels day before in same city.
Am undecided where I want to stay.
To provide some more background I was already staying in the same city at another hotel so the argument was that since it all is considered one stay the check in deadline had passed.

I wrote in and argued that the rejection was not logical and contradicts the spirit of the T&C mainly because a stay consisting of multiple reservations have multiple check ins but the check in rule pertains to check in time at the hotel with respect to a specific reservation.
​​​​This is evident if you read the T&C carefully.
24h later the claim was approved but no mention of their free wheeling interpretation of the T&C. The calculate the new rate wrongly so I got 50% off instead of 25% 😉... Apology accepted...

​​
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by HJBoeing
Last Sunday I booked a stay in Dubai for September 28th to September 29th through Marriott.com. I noticed that the same room was offered at a lower rate (with same T&Cs) at a 3rd party booking site, so I submitted a LNF claim with this Comparison Rate. After submitting the claim I received an automated email stating that they've been experiencing more inquiries than usual and would respond as soon as possible. Since then, four days have past and I still haven't received a response. In the mean time, the Comparison Rate has first increased, surpassing the reserved rate, and currently is again below my reserved rate. Also, the Marriott rate has dropped below my rate (and is even lower than the Comparison Rate). What are the odds that my claim will be processed in time, let alone be approved? What's the best action to take now:
  1. Call them to inquire about my claim. Again, what are the odds that they will process my claim in time?
  2. Submit a new claim referring to the new Comparision Rate I found on the 3rd party booking site / Marriott. I guess this has the possibility of them denying my claim as it was submitted > 24 hours after placing my reservation?
  3. Cancel my initial reservation and rebook at the lower rate at Marriott.com?
As this is my first time submitting LNF, any advice is appreciated .
Any update?
Something must have gone awry if they did not respond within 24 hours. Longest I ever waited was 24 hours 10 minutes.
As long as rates can be canceled, I would have made a second reservation at the lower rate in case the first one was denied.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:15 am

I just called the LNF-team to follow-up on this. The associate on the phone tried looking into my reservation and claim but wasn't able to pull up one of them. He suspected this had to do something with the system integration of Marriott and SPG, as my reservation was at a Starwoord property. He would need another associate to look into this, but made sure to sort this out for me today. To be continued...

In the meantime, I will already make another reservation at the property at the (currently) lower rate and will cancel one of the two after I get the result of the claim.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by HJBoeing
I just called the LNF-team to follow-up on this. The associate on the phone tried looking into my reservation and claim but wasn't able to pull up one of them. He suspected this had to do something with the system integration of Marriott and SPG, as my reservation was at a Starwoord property. He would need another associate to look into this, but made sure to sort this out for me today. To be continued...

In the meantime, I will already make another reservation at the property at the (currently) lower rate and will cancel one of the two after I get the result of the claim.
As a follow-up.

The LNF team got back to me indicating that they did send out an e-mail on September 16th (a day after submitting my claim). I didn't receive this e-mail though. They've denied my claim as they found a lower rate on the Marriott site than the submitted Comparison Rate. I replied to them asking if, due to the unusual circumstances, they would still be able to approve my claim or match the rate to the lower rate on the Marriott site. In the end they adjusted my rate to the lower Marriott rate; so case closed.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Just wondering... back in the day, you could find a non-refundable competing rate and book a placeholder refundable booking on Marriott/SPG website and they would match it.

My understanding is that they only comapre non-refundable to non-refundalbe and flexible-to-flexible now, but I cant find anything in the BRG terms specifically saying that? Is it still the case?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
....My understanding is that they only comapre non-refundable to non-refundalbe and flexible-to-flexible now, but I cant find anything in the BRG terms specifically saying that? Is it still the case?
Yes. But you need to book a nonrefundable rate if you want them to compare against nonrefundable rate.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes. But you need to book a nonrefundable rate if you want them to compare against nonrefundable rate.
Does anyone know if in such a case, the approved BRG remains non-refundable or does it change to a flexible rate plan?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Does anyone know if in such a case, the approved BRG remains non-refundable or does it change to a flexible rate plan?
If LNF is approved, cancellation terms will be based on LNF rate plan. It is flexible for most but some have set it to nonrefundable.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TerryK
If LNF is approved, cancellation terms will be based on LNF rate plan. It is flexible for most but some have set it to nonrefundable.
Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Hotel has a 72 hour cancellation policy and I can see a possible LNF claim, but I will be within 72 hour period, does the 24 hour free cancellation policy still apply? Can I cancel if I don't get LNF approved?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by X-ON
I got a very strange rejection based on that I had other already approved LNF claims in the same city at other hotels within the same week. And no I was not claiming the 5K points.
They quoted this part of the T&C:

"Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored. Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation."

My understanding is that this is to stop people for getting 5K points by jumping hotels.

In fact this means that you cannot claim LNF rate within the same city unless your stays are more than one week apart ... I hate when these people try to pretend to be lawyers ...
I had a recent approval, but at a higher rate than the one I expected. Same logic... except I don't have another LNF claim in the same city. I had an award stay booked (but with travel certificates such a nightmare I thought I'd better put a back-up plan in place)

Clearly they grabbed some T&C language from SPG, but didn't explain to their reps how to apply it...

I suppose it might work in reverse. If you find a multiple night BRG to claim, but only need the first night or two...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.