Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by chengchl
So it's dead? Any other options to share? I haven't had used Tmobile travel yet!
I have price matched to www.aavacations.com a few times.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Xero
I have price matched to www.aavacations.com a few times.
thanks for the DP! However, isn’t this required to book both rooms and flights? If so, how can this be matched? Thank you 😊
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by chengchl
thanks for the DP! However, isn’t this required to book both rooms and flights? If so, how can this be matched? Thank you 😊
What the? I just matched them a month ago. They seem to have changed their requirements.

Scratch that option.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Hotel Name: EDITION Times Square NYC
Dates: August 2021, 5 nights
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: City View, Guest room, 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1937,79 USD total
Competing Rate: 1128 EUR total
Actual Approved Rate: 1020,65 USD total
BRG Award: 25% discount
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Well this is new. I had a reservation for Sheraton Miami Airport for 1 night. Because I was changing flights to get a better seat, I thought let's just do a BRG for the night before and after also. Then I cancel the 2 bookings which I don't need in the end. Since they are all flexible bookings.

The last agent converted my 3 separate, but consecutive nights into one booking. She amended one booking and cancelled the other 2, without asking! She just emailed me what she did. She thought she was doing me a favour, but now I'm waiting yet another 48 hours to see if they change it back... since then the BRG rate has gone of course.

Lets see how this pans out...
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The agent was following the rules. Consecutive bookings are considered as one stay.
After a successful claim, you can’t claim the same hotel again for the next two weeks or so (check the T&C).
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Well this is new. I had a reservation for Sheraton Miami Airport for 1 night. Because I was changing flights to get a better seat, I thought let's just do a BRG for the night before and after also. Then I cancel the 2 bookings which I don't need in the end. Since they are all flexible bookings.

The last agent converted my 3 separate, but consecutive nights into one booking. She amended one booking and cancelled the other 2, without asking! She just emailed me what she did. She thought she was doing me a favour, but now I'm waiting yet another 48 hours to see if they change it back... since then the BRG rate has gone of course.

Lets see how this pans out...
The agent did it correctly, according to Marriott's rules.

To do what you had in mind, you need to book different hotels in the MIA area.

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
The agent was following the rules. Consecutive bookings are considered as one stay.
After a successful claim, you can’t claim the same hotel again for the next two weeks or so (check the T&C).
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif

I think you can't even do a BRG for a different hotel in the MIA area for the next five days... there's some (somewhat ambiguous) language about not having more than two days in the same week you check into the next property.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think you can't even do a BRG for a different hotel in the MIA area for the next five days... there's some (somewhat ambiguous) language about not having more than two days in the same week you check into the next property.
You may be right - especially if you fire off all of the BRG claims at the same time and ask for the points for each.

I've had no particular problems locking in a BRG at one hotel, then coming back a few days later to do another one. (same night (or consecutive night) at different hotel) I've yet to have a BRG agent go though my upcoming stays to see where I'm travelling...
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You may be right - especially if you fire off all of the BRG claims at the same time and ask for the points for each.

I've had no particular problems locking in a BRG at one hotel, then coming back a few days later to do another one. (same night (or consecutive night) at different hotel) I've yet to have a BRG agent go though my upcoming stays to see where I'm travelling...
I think it comes down to how "careful" the person picking up your claim is... I've had a situation where I made a booking, then a week or two later made another (at a different property in the same city) for two days after I check out of the first property. The claim was denied and it was clear they had looked through my reservations. I was a little surprised they did that tbh - Hyatt has similar restrictions where you shouldn't be able to claim for back-to-back stays, but I've never had an issue with them as long as the bookings (and claims) are made a day or two apart.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle

I really didn't know this, but didn't agent had to check with me if I wanted to actually stay three consequentive nights. As this is not per T&C rulings. Since it was one night I took the 5.000 points, so now I see what you 'would be trying to do' IF you really wanted to stay three nights.

As a gesture she wanted to change back the original reservation back to the last night, but I needed the first one. Since she already cancelled that one, there was nothing she could do. She said to do a new BRG Claims, but of course hotels.com has changed it's price since then.

It might be T&C rules, but she could have just checked right? And in the end the 1 night claim was approved, otherwise she wouldn't have consolidated the bookings. Anyway asked for a supervisor answer. Will check back.

Did a new one with prestigia.com as third party website. Is this accepted again? It now shows instant confirmation so gave it go!

So far I found BRG claims for all of my 5 hotel stays to come
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Was turned down for a us.trip.com rate for the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. Not surprising, but thought I'd try anyway. We will end up at Hyatt Centric anyway.
Just put in for a suite at Renaissance La Concha that was 1800 for 4 nights on Expedia, vs. Marriott's rate of $2740. We shall see how that one gets turned down!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:09 am

After my snafu with multiple bookings, I found an ever cheaper rate

Hotel Name: Sheraton Miami Airport
Dates: end of January 2022
Room Type: Standard room, 1 King, flexible rate
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 239 USD plus taxes
Competing Rate: 187 EUR plus taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 201,50 plus taxes
BRG Award: points
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:11 am

Hotel Name: Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Dates: February 2022
Room Type: Guest room, 2 queens
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 299 USD plus taxes
Competing Rate: 287 USD plus taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 215,25 USD plus taxes
BRG Award: 25%
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Successful BRG for a suite at Renaissance La Concha in San Juan!
Hotel Name: Renaissance La Concha San Juan
Dates: July 2021
Room Type: Partial Ocean View Suite, 1 King for 4 nights
Marriott Brand Website Rate: total $2709 USD plus taxes
Competing Rate: total $1800 USD incl taxes and fees (Expedia)
Actual Approved Rate: $1350 USD incl taxes and fees
BRG Award: 25%
kevinflyaway and YoungBubbie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.